Thread: Allow banned players to play AI bots and participate in a special Merit System

Account Icon

Allow banned players to play AI bots and participate in a special Merit System

Hi there I have a suggestion

How about we update their current RAP system? since its clearly one of the reasons HON is losing players it doesn't teach anything to anyone.

We allow banned players to purchase items in the merrick shop and also play against AI bots.

I don't see any harm in banned players playing against AI bots, except maybe griefing the bots.

Perhaps a system that forces banned players to learn the game better, forces them to get badges such as "great team player" like in DOTA 2. You know do things that would otherwise force them to reintegrate into HON like the prison system does.

So instead of waiting a specific period of time for a ban to end, we could force them to play with other people who are all banned and they need to get a recommendation from team players as "great teacher" or "friendly player" and when they get enough of this then they would be allowed back into HON OR Perhaps getting these recommendations reduces their sentance like how the prison system is you know good behavior?

HON seems to turn away griefers force them onto another game, drive them away. In DOTA 2 valve came up with the idea of helping them by forcing them to reintegrate having to complete specific goals if they want to go back into playing the proper match pool. And I think this modern system is the best system. It sure as hell worked great for Valve.

This would be a much better system think of it as dungeons vs modern day correction facilities in Europe.

It doesn't have to be like this but you get the idea, something anything that actually helps these people reintegrate into HON
    Last edited by `Tusk`; 03-15-2017 at 12:37 AM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Or you just supress your urge to grief?

HoNored Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    And what exactly should stop those who are in that system to stop commending ("great teacher" and "friendly player") every single player, so that if you will be put in this system, then you will be "back" prety much instantly?

Unfortunately correction facilities in Europe these days work prety much like free of charge 5 star hotels and has kinda no influence on supressing criminality (prety much even promotes more criminality).

Correction facilities in Thailand (or countries like that) on the other hand, ...

Your proposed system looks like you want to give every single prisoner a vote on who will get back from prison. That is not how punishment should be handled.

Punishment is supposed to be painfull so you will think twice before breaking any rules.
    Part of the punishment system in HoN is also that you are not allowed to buy anything from shop. So if you want to be able to buy anything from shop, you should behave and not break any rules.
    Last edited by Ceriss; 03-15-2017 at 05:29 AM.

Account Icon
    ^ I have no interest discussing anything with you, period. Especially after you suggested that pain is a good thing, this speaks volume about how your mind works. And all you do is troll this sub forum aswell I have been paying attention to your posts for quite some time now.

I made a suggestion on improving the current RAP system which clearly teaches nothing to reintegrate people and is obviously inferior to DOTA 2's system. Whatever FB is doing clearly has not been working and the community keeps dying and becoming more and more toxic and more and more trolls with even worse players day by day.

This isn't my job or my responsibility to fix this rap system its the job of FB. I made a suggestion they can use it as a stepping stone, its their job to update and come up with new ideas.

Hatred, racism and torture helps nobody and keeps us primitive.

Instead of waiting to troll one of if not the most low traffic forum on the internet I suggest you do something more constructive with your time.

Goodby
    Last edited by `Tusk`; 03-16-2017 at 02:44 AM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    The previous thread you started on this sub forum had several points of view and this one has them as well.

Just because you think that something is good doesn't necessarily mean that you're right.

And just because something may seem to work for another game, doesn't mean it's right for that game and certainly doesn't mean that it's right for another game, that's not even as popular.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I like how persistent you are! one day it will happen, never give up!

SBT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

-----------------------------

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    How about.. people who are banned can only play against also other banned players, basically like a prison type of thing

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Yeah, that's totally gonna make them stop griefing in the future.

Account Icon
    This thread is full if clueless people who talk without thinking. Banned people can just make new accounts/switch IP/MAC-addresses (which would then give them full access to the game again) so the suggestion OP brings forward is useless.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggermaniac View Post
    switch IP/MAC-addresses (which would then give them full access to the game again)
    Not sure about that.

Account Icon
    The point about reforming banned people is so they won't go and create a new account. This is how Valve managed to stop people from making new accounts in DOTA 2 and just play with the one they have while going through a merit system to reintegrate their way back into society.

We need to reform and educate the players, NOT give them more reasons to troll. The current system teaches nothing and encourages nothing of good behavior.

I have a great love for this game so I try my best to give the best possible ideas for improving it and I think this RAP system is responsible for a lot of players leaving HON.

That is my 2 cents on it anyways, this is my last post on this topic.
    Last edited by `Tusk`; 03-20-2017 at 01:09 AM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTONEBITE View Post
    Not sure about that.
    I have played since 2010 and have been banned +20 times. Trust me there are plenty of ways to access hon even if you're banned. I won't type it here since I'll probably get a forum ban but it's not rocket science.

I'm curious why there is no limit to how many times you can get banned? Enough is enough? I Remember when I played CS:source, if you got your 10th ban you would get perm banned from that server.
    _______

Best rage ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btd2HQf_jnE

_______

HoNored Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_jama View Post
    I'm curious why there is no limit to how many times you can get banned? Enough is enough? I Remember when I played CS:source, if you got your 10th ban you would get perm banned from that server.
    is half a year ban for every suspension after your 9th not long enough for you?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_jama View Post
    I have played since 2010 and have been banned +20 times. Trust me there are plenty of ways to access hon even if you're banned. I won't type it here since I'll probably get a forum ban but it's not rocket science.

That doesn't necessarily mean FB doesn't know about your doings.

I'd imagine if FB wanted you banned on another account, they could do that.

Account Icon
    They stopped banning people completely now that player numbers are low. If everyone got banned for every incident, they would lose 86% of the players - something they can't afford.

Senior Game Master Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggermaniac View Post
    They stopped banning people completely now that player numbers are low. If everyone got banned for every incident, they would lose 86% of the players - something they can't afford.
    This is completely wrong.

Game Masters are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by `Tusk` View Post
    ^ I have no interest discussing anything with you, period. Especially after you suggested that pain is a good thing, this speaks volume about how your mind works. And all you do is troll this sub forum aswell I have been paying attention to your posts for quite some time now.
    "I don't want to discuss with someone who disagrees with me"

:^)

SBT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.