Thread: [4.0.5] Klanx

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

[4.0.5] Klanx

I feel like it is pretty wide known that Klanx is extremely powerful, even with the constant minor nerfs to him, so I thought I'd voice my opinion on some things that would pull Klanx down a bit.

What I think that puts Klanx above the rest is two things, the first being the ability to fly over terrain and take basically no damage while farming ancients and any amount of neutral creeps, and the second being the slow on his Q and the frequency that it is off of cooldown.

First of all the idea I have to balance out his W would be to give it two counters, the first being the one that is already there, where when he gets hit by an enemy enough times it takes out the fight. The second counter could be implemented against neutral creeps, so when he gets hit by a neutral creep lets say 4 times he will be grounded in the same way as if he was hit by an enemy hero, although the downtime of the flight when taken out by neutrals should be lower than if taken out by a hero, so lets say 5 seconds. I say to add two separate counters because when fighting in the jungle this could cause him to be grounded extremely fast and for his flight to be basically useless in this sense.

For the fix on Klanx's Q I believe there are a few options available to tweak it, I don't think it's imbalanced, although I do think that the slow is rather extreme. I think that this should change from a 3 second tapering movespeed slow to a 2 second one and this would make the ability not as strong. My reasoning for thinking that this ability is too strong right now is because Klanx already has so much mobility from his flight that the slow portion of this ability is already fairly easy to hit, and if you throw the Q in front of an enemy that is running away, they will be forced to turn around back into you or be slowed and take more damage. Once they are slowed by your first Q the second is extremely easy to hit, which pretty much turns the ability into a 6 second, 90% tapering movespeed slow that refreshes halfway through.

I think if these few changes were made I might not have a 95% winrate on this hero with an average of around 600 gpm per game.

If you have any questions about this or wanna tell me my ideas suck and you have better feel free to post away!

RCT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

-----------------------------

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    nerf

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Just limit H.A.W.K. 10 seconds flight and with a rollback of 30 seconds.
    As a normal skill to do it, return some weight and smart use of skill, like other characters.

"E" need nerf. yes.
    We are transferring power from HON and giving it back to you, the people !
    Remove KD ratio & win streaks

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    There's a conceptual problem when it comes to grant a carry passive everything-walking. THAT IS ALL THERE IS TO SAY ABOUT IT.
    My wordpress with most of my (and sometimes other people) suggestions : here

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by HaerDalis View Post
    There's a conceptual problem when it comes to grant a carry passive everything-walking. THAT IS ALL THERE IS TO SAY ABOUT IT.
    The idea of giving anyone a passive everything walking, therefore allowing him to ignore the design paradigms behind why the map is how it is, can and should be questioned.
    But assuming we're stuck with it, I'd rather have W remain strong and be the selling point of klanx, while everything else (most notably his damage output by midgame) be nerfed to compensate.

SBT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    The most unfair aspect of Klanx is him destroying every tree in the lane and breaking the suicide meta, forcing whoever wants to suicide to pick very specific heroes or just not go to the lane. I suggest making flight only give movement speed at level 1. It's unfair to complete shut down a lane with no effort with no counters or risks. 5% move speed / 5% + flight / 10% / 15%.
    Last edited by MasterGanja`; 03-16-2017 at 10:35 PM.

Account Icon
    Overall I think that the slow on Q is a bit much. Flashbang would make more sense that if you get hit by the spell you would be blinded/desorientated so you get a miss chance (5/10/15/20%) or something. Klanx has already has superior mobility and a speed increase.
    MORE PLAYING, LESS WHINING!!!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I think the flashbangs are fine. They're well designed in that they have counterplay options in themselves. Unless you have molasses-tier reactions, you could easily look away from the explosions. Then it adds another level of depth because Klanx can use them to seal off escape routes temporarily. I do find the range on the flashbangs to be a bit much. They should have 800 cast range at most, but they currently have 1300 range for some reason.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    If they want to keep Flight as a constant state, I would rather make it more like Flux and old MoA's E.
    Either you swap to flight mode with less range, but the ms% and current flashbang range, or you stay as a ground unit with current attack range but lower flashbang cast range. Would add a level 1 40 or 30 seconds cd that doesn't decrease if you move so you cant abuse the ability to get rid of all trees (will still give time to cut some, but will force you to stay with shorter range on laning phase).
    The decreasing cd to swap modes will also force you sacrifice something on the early skill build, instead of going full damage.

Account Icon
    Assuming we keep passive flight, which is good since it makes Klanx unique, we should play around with its vulnerabilites. Klanx players should be more careful when activating flight, so I believe that tower attacks and creep attacks should also count towards his flight counters. That way, the tower diving won't be such a frustrating thing to play against, even when a Klanx is moderately farmed, because they'll lose their escape and have to commit.

Late game, he has his counters with physical stuns if he manages to farm a shrunken. So if anything, flight should be given more to non-carrys after Klanx due to how hard it is to balance it. I say that MK gets flight with his cloud after all of his spells get looked at.

My goal is for at least one of my heroes to be ported into HoN! Help my cause and get S2 to see these!
    Check out "IsmaelVera's Vault of Heroes" in the Hero Drafts section!
    http://i.imgur.com/XaDGr.jpg
    IsmaelVera, President of the HoN Forums

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Amazing Klanx is still not fixed. The balance team these days zzzzz

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I'd rather they take their time to actually nerf him in a way that makes him a good pick instead of just removing him from the throne he is sitting on by throwing him into dumpster tier. He is fun to play.

RCT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

Account Icon
    The thing is fixing Klanx is such a simple task. He just needs to be reverted back to how he was before 4.0, he was already an ok hero and the reduced thunderclaw cost alone would have been enough to make him a viable carry. The balance team are never going to be able to make everything walking with no upkeep cost work on a ranged carry with a built in farming tool and good laning work.

Account Icon
    Hero is still OP, needs nerf. His farming speed right now is unmatched. I'm not a Klanx / carry player so I can't say confidently how to nerf him, but I'd start by looking at his auto-flight (which also makes him a pretty ridiculous lumberjack).

Fortunately I can always just ban him in my games ...

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Just give him Devo-tier MS and his terrain walking will be less of a problem.