Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: "Silence never sounded so good" -Vindicator | Sneak Peaks for HoN 3.3.3

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff

"Silence never sounded so good" -Vindicator | Sneak Peaks for HoN 3.3.3

HoN 3.3.3 hits Newerth on February 12th!

Here is a little sneak peak of the patch:

+ Vindicator's concept of anti-caster is being emphasized. We've given him an increase to his utility that will help both his roles as carry and support. Brain Drain is getting a notable power increase stealing an increased amount of Int, limiting enemies mana pools while also granting the Vindicator damage benefits. Glyph of Silence will now additionally slow and Perplex enemies when triggered, giving the Vindicator more defensive uses for clever placement and positioning. Lastly, Final Chapter will automatically trigger Glyph of Silence to enemies in range of the glyph, giving Vindicator an additional combat use for his ultimate.
    - Brain Drain : Int drain increased from 3 to 3,4,5,6
    - Brain Drain : Int drain duration increased from 25,30,35,40 to 30
    - Brain Drain : Cooldown lowered from 15,12,9,6 to 12,10,8,6
    - Brain Drain : Manacost increased from 70,90,110,130 to 70,95,120,145
    - Glyph of Silence : Additionally applies a 50% tapering slow and perplex for the duration
    - Glyph of Silence : Debuff duration increased from 1.5,2,2,2.5 to 1.5,2,2.5,3
    - Final Chapter : Applies the effects of Glyph of Silence to enemies in range of the pedestal when Final Chapter is applied.

Let us know what you think!
    Last edited by AceJR; 02-06-2014 at 04:59 PM.

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

Adam "AceJR" Martinazzi | HoN Community Manager and Marketing Coordinator

nice. vindi can carry like a beast, but he's so squishy untill he gets the items he needs. really looking forward to these changes

Im still one of those people that wishes that old vindi could return,no matter what tweak u do to him,he will never be used as much,,sure people will play him to see how the change affects him,but he will yet again be forgoten after awhile.. sad tho,since i loved vindi back in the day

Def was waiting for this. Hope this fix vindi!

you kept in some of the internal comments there :P

- Final Chapter : Applies the effects of Glyph of Silence to enemies in rage of the pedestal when Final Chapter is applied.
    I can only assume this has to be 'enemies in RANGE'?

But OT, looks very interesting indeed

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by EggOnToast View Post
    you kept in some of the internal comments there :P

That's on purpose. We've been during that for the last couple of balance patches so that you guys get a bit more insight to our reasoning for making the changes that we make.

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.

They killed old vindi because of combo heroes like MK and such. I want the old Vindi back. It is good to have hard counters to heroes.
    (i am white, i am a ****ing bum. i do live at home with my mom. my boy future is an uncle tom. and i have shitty stats, beat ya to it)

Quote Originally Posted by AceJR View Post
    That's on purpose. We've been during that for the last couple of balance patches so that you guys get a bit more insight to our reasoning for making the changes that we make.
    yeah but I meant the really internal things

- *Glyph of Silence : Has received a visual upgrade? Check with content?

i still think that glyph of silence is ****. his old passive was much better.

11.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    Quote Originally Posted by EggOnToast View Post
    yeah but I meant the really internal things

- *Glyph of Silence : Has received a visual upgrade? Check with content?
    Touche senor!

Quote Originally Posted by Boddhisattva View Post
    i still think that glyph of silence is ****. his old passive was much better.

That's very true. I dont like the glyph at all. What made vindi much more op was the int gain he got when an enemy died around him. Can't they just use it like a dev cadaver armor? u could keep the whole glyph thing also with the totem thing, but the added slow is fairly useless and unnecessary...

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Brain Drain : Int drain duration increased from 25,30,35,40 to 30
    That's an increase? I'm assuming it's supposed to be 40 seconds?

Not strong enough. Still won't play him.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Why are we giving Vindi a 50% Slow?

S2 I will literally give you my forum award AND my post count, if you give me Throwback Clown Devourer.

Man he is going to be so op in midwars. I've crushed with vindi a few times lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by breakycpk View Post
    Part time Donuts maker, part time volunteer sheriff
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRaven View Post
    Typical topic. I post, garbage no-names fall from the rafters, I take out the trash, mad no ones try to throw rocks at the throne, I win.

Just another day for The Biggest Name in the Game.

S2 be more open minded please ,keep the Ulti(R) ,maybe one more spell but completely remake the rest,Vindi deserves to feel way more fun ,especially in the early game to be popular again imo.A couple of number tweaks and a slow don't seem innovative at all.Making his toolset put pressure on the opponent ,like doubling next enemy spell cast time/mana,temporal mana pool reservation or spells that deal damage/silence based on vindicators current mana/Intelligence would feel way more impressive than what's coming next week.

The first thing that strikes me, is that the movement speed on the totem hasn't been increased - why??

Like many others, I think that no matter how hard you try to get Vindi back on board, he'll never become as good as he were way back before he got reworked. His 3rd spell was such a good counter to combo heroes, until they got their bkb's (And HoN really needs a counter to those combo heroes!) Also the INT gain is so much needed, since he just doesn't seem to get to that level where he can just be that hardcarry, like back in the good old days.

I need to ask though, does the INT drained stack? I mean can you spam the Brain Drain and then drain all of their INT, Like Outworld Devourer in Dota 2 or can you only drain a certain amount of INT per hero? If that's the case, I find him still pretty weak in the laning phase, which is one of the problems with him - where does he lane? If it does stack, he would be so good 1v1 against heroes who rely on their abilities, but heroes like Silhouette and Arachna would still be able to deal with him.

Would love to get a response on this

Well some nerf attempt is nice, but I really wish for an old glyph of silence effect which was collecting 1 int from deaths around vindi. I hope you add some cool vindi alt with this patch also :3

-As far as I know int stack works but each stack has it's own duration.(f.e:If you use ur (old lvl 4) brain drain and collect 15(from 5) and after 6 sec(cd time) use it again and collect 6 int so it will be 21 for 34 seconds then will drop to 6).Without new patch max int you coud collect was 105(idk if it has a max limit),with new patch it will become 150.((I counted for 5 person but since it works on illus it would go higher amounts..))
    Last edited by Kel_Ebek; 02-06-2014 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cai View Post
    I need to ask though, does the INT drained stack? I mean can you spam the Brain Drain and then drain all of their INT, Like Outworld Devourer in Dota 2 or can you only drain a certain amount of INT per hero? If that's the case, I find him still pretty weak in the laning phase, which is one of the problems with him - where does he lane? If it does stack, he would be so good 1v1 against heroes who rely on their abilities, but heroes like Silhouette and Arachna would still be able to deal with him.

Would love to get a response on this
    Well you can try what happens in practice mode right now with a 0 CD Vindicator. OFC the int drain stacks.

I think the slow is probably a bit overboard.

Well some nerf attempt is nice, but I really wish for an old glyph of silence effect which was collecting 1 int from deaths around vindi. I hope you add some cool vindi alt with this patch also
    You easily have the potential to beat his old passive with Brain Drain. The problem with it though is Shrunken Heads will block the int steal, so you'll have this weird drop in performance mid-late game.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast