Thread: Pay to Win, are you serious?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Pay to Win, are you serious?

Rift Wars ability bottom left hand corner. Amulet of Rebirth 30 Goblin coins to reset your abilities. What a ****ing joke. Why stop there. add goblin coins to level up. maybe some goblin coins to buy items too.

ya im pretty mad right now.

Wheres my we will never be pay to win signature

Paying 30GC to reset your abilities gives you the EXACTLY same chance of getting good abilities in the first place, technically you could get the same 4 abilities.

Paying money to "re-random" is FAR from pay to win, and would require spending thousands of gold coins and wasting a fair bit of time in base to get "OP skills".

Then on top of that... its a casual mode with no stats.
    Graphic/Web Designer and Designer of Free Custom Account Icons (CAI) and Custom Backgrounds

Click the pic for my mashup thread of HoN and other characters from games/movies/shows
    Click here for my Hero morph thread (merging 1 or more heroes together)

Click here for my Deviantart Profile

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    You're 100% wrong, changing your abilities doesn't mean that you're going to get better than the old ones.

I think s2 want us to suicide and feed the enemy or pay.

Account Icon
    While the P2W aspect is tiny, it's without a doubt P2W.

giving you a random chance to get better abilities is still "pay to win."
    since you have the option to keep resetting while others with no gold coins don't
    its like saying hey if you pay we will give you a 5% chance to automatically win the game
    but since its such a low % it doesn't matter?
    while others that don't have the money to do this, never had this option.

you can try to justify this as many time as you like, it is still pay to win.

Quote Originally Posted by OtterBite View Post
    Rift Wars ability bottom left hand corner. Amulet of Rebirth 30 Goblin coins to reset your abilities. What a ****ing joke. Why stop there. add goblin coins to level up. maybe some goblin coins to buy items too.

ya im pretty mad right now.

Wheres my we will never be pay to win signature
    dat random abilities gametype so serious

If you're dumb enough to spend ~50 cents on a simple reroll of skills then S2 might as well have your money and not someone else
    RIP IN PEACE sig

Account Icon
    I agree with S2 on A LOT of changes which comes to this game, but every now and then there are these shady decisions being made. Like this P2W system in Rift Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    Paying 30GC to reset your abilities gives you the EXACTLY same chance of getting good abilities in the first place, technically you could get the same 4 abilities.

Paying money to "re-random" is FAR from pay to win, and would require spending thousands of gold coins and wasting a fair bit of time in base to get "OP skills".

Then on top of that... its a casual mode with no stats.

Your reasons don't negate the fact that it is pay to win.

It doesn't matter if it's a serious mode or not, it doesn't matter how many coins you'd have to spend, the point is that it is pay to win.

Pay money, and you have a better chance to win the game. That is the definition of pay to win.

Game Master Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by ohnooo View Post
    Pay money, and you have a better chance to win the game. That is the definition of pay to win.
    But you aren't guaranteed to get better skills. If you paid and were allowed to pick which skills you wanted, THAT would be pay to win. You could reroll a worse set of skills. At one point while testing in RCT, I got garbage abilities so I figured I'd just reroll better ones...I think it took me about 10 tries before I got skills that were less bad than the original ones (still not worth spending 300 coins on though).

If someone is willing to throw gold at rift wars in order to maybe potentially (but probably not) get better abilities than they have (only to lose them a few minutes later), that's on them.

Game Masters are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

-----------------------------

You get a possible advantage over other players. Pay to win.

I PLAY TRACKPAD!

Account Icon
    Pay to Win, are you serious?
    They are serious.

It's a no stats game. You can't win it. No one will ever see your score afterwards, so who cares? You also get the option to reset after playing rift wars games too.

Quote Originally Posted by tiGa View Post
    But you aren't guaranteed to get better skills. If you paid and were allowed to pick which skills you wanted, THAT would be pay to win. You could reroll a worse set of skills. At one point while testing in RCT, I got garbage abilities so I figured I'd just reroll better ones...I think it took me about 10 tries before I got skills that were less bad than the original ones (still not worth spending 300 coins on though).

If someone is willing to throw gold at rift wars in order to maybe potentially (but probably not) get better abilities than they have (only to lose them a few minutes later), that's on them.
    I understand that it is based on chance. But giving someone with money a chance over someone who doesn't have that same chance is pay to win. It is an advantage, regardless of what abilities you actually get. Maybe "pay to win" is the wrong terminology, but it's "pay for advantage" at the very least.

I don't think anyone ever will use it more than once as it is crazy expensive and even if some really rich guy does I still couldn't care less that in an absolutely not recorded game somone spends 600 gold coin to get a good skill set. He can still focused down easily and while he spends 3 minutes in the well rerolling the other team can get easy kills or towers. If someone is stupid enough to sacrifice money for 1 life only it's fine by me. In the end the team with better coordination gonna win anyway not the one with one OP hero (and just think about how many rerolls you need to get THAT certain set from 90 abilites and 30 ultimates..). If this really worries someone or even stops them from playing riftwars then I guess it's better for everyone.

Lol at those guys saying that since its random is not pay to win. Guys, come on, use your brains...

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    okay make it Free and lets all sit 10 minutes in the fountain and roll us ability's. ofc it has to cost some gold, be happy. if you want to pay 100000 gold to win a Rift-Wars game, go ahead, fine for me LOL

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by may1st View Post
    okay make it Free and lets all sit 10 minutes in the fountain and roll us ability's. ofc it has to cost some gold, be happy. if you want to pay 100000 gold to win a Rift-Wars game, go ahead, fine for me LOL
    You misunderstand. It's a matter of principle. There shouldn't be ANY WAY AT ALL for a player to have an advantage other players by paying real money.

Quote Originally Posted by may1st View Post

They could easily make it cost gold. I would be fine with that. That would give everyone a fair chance. However, it costs real money to be able to re-roll your abilities. That is an unfair advantage and makes the game much less fun.

Account Icon
    using gold coins for Amulet is worse than use it for Plinko

at least in Plinko you can actually win something that lasts, a "not-bad" skillset which lasts average of 5min is nothing.

Also, how do you know that the other guy spent $$ instead of being lucky? no mode is balanced, some guy have better luck and some have better skills. Chances are you will waste your "good roll" very quickly. A good skillset doesnt guarantee a win since you lose it when you die