HoN 3.1 - The Runic Shift
== General ==
- The Early Access Program has been suspended indefinitely
+ These changes were made in an effort to make one of our most important pieces of content, Heroes, become more creative, engaging, and exciting. While there is no longer a definitive schedule you can still expect to see new (and better!) Heroes added to the game. Also be on the lookout for more reworks due to this change in direction.
- Heroes will no longer be mandatorily created and released every 4 weeks
* Heroes are available to everyone immediately upon release
- Added new Hero: Sir Benzington
* Nimble and deadly, Benzington is a highly mobile melee ganking Hero that also gains increased attack range. Knightfall and Joust allows for engagements at incredible distances making Benzington an intimidating force anytime an enemy is spotted.
* Joust - Target a direction to dash forward up to 900 units, passing through the first enemy Hero hit and stopping. Enemies hit receive 100/170/240/310 Magic Damage and a 0.7 second stun.
* Royal Stomp - Activate to pull all nearby enemies 200/250/300/350 units towards you and reduce enemy Movement Speed by 40% for 2/2.5/3/3.5 seconds.
* Lance-A-Long - Passively increases your Attack Range by 50/100/150/200. Activate to boost your next attack to 428 range and add up to 100/180/260/340 Magic Damage. Your attacks passively build up to 5 charges, increasing the damage when you activate it.
* Knightfall - Target an enemy at considerable range to leap into the air and become invulnerable for 3 seconds. When you land, you deal 200/350/500 Magic Damage and apply a 50% tapering slow for 2 seconds in a 400/500/600 radius.
* This Hero will be released with 2 avatars. One is a Premium Alt Avatar and the other is introducing a new type of avatar called the Debut Edition (in lieu of the previous exclusive EA Alt Avatar). Debut Edition Alt Avatars are sold for a limited period of time after the release of a hero. They are not exclusively limited to that period of time and may reappear within the store at a later time.
* Releases 5/3/2013
- HoN Development Direction Shift
* Recently here at S2 Games we have gone through an internal direction shift in how we look at Heroes of Newerth. We believe that giving back to the community is the best way to serve HoN. We are looking to take more risks with our game through the support of the community; a testament to this is the fact that most of the changes in this patch have originated or been inspired by community input. This patch is designed to re-invigorate the game with some much-needed changes that promote the fast paced, action packed gameplay of Heroes of Newerth. Look forward to the continued improvement of Heroes of Newerth with the best possible service we can provide!
- Added a new Rune: Rune of Refreshment
+ The purpose of this rune is to create more contention between the rune locations while creating more action and movement from Heroes.
* Spawns at the opposite location and at the same time as the normal Rune spawn
* When picked up, this Rune will restore 135 Health and 70 Mana over 3 seconds. Dispels on damage.
* If bottled, refills the Bottle to 2/3 full
* Will not appear unless a normal Rune would as well
- New Ingame Radial Menu
+ In looking for ways to increase communication between players on a team, we found this menu will greatly improve the ability to easily and quickly communicate during intense action.
* Accessed by holding ALT and then holding left click on a spot on screen, as if you were to ping it but holding down both buttons
* Easily and very quickly lets a player communicate with the rest of the team
* Players can ping map locations, signal other players to retreat, say they think there is danger, call missing, tell people they are coming to assist, and more!
* You can now mute/ignore allies by right-clicking on their portrait
* Muting/Ignoring a player will now hide all pings that player sends
- Hero Kill Changes
+ Hero kills become much more valuable throughout most stages of the game. Level 1 Hero kills remain mostly the same but after level 1, experience granted for early kills is greatly increased. Late game Hero kills give about a 33% increase in gold. Players will now be encouraged to get killing sprees rather than discouraged. Teams are now more incentivized to kill static farming Heroes instead of avoiding them.
* Increased the gold given per level of a Hero from 5 to 10
* Decreased the amount of gold given for kill streaks from 50 to 25
* Decreased the gold loss for dying from 30 to 25 per level
* Heroes will now be worth more gold depending on their GPM compared to the average GPM of the game. A Hero can be worth up to 50% more. Kill streak and first blood are not affected.
* Changed experience granted on kills from 100-2300 to 100-2500 (Area experience when multiple Heroes are around remains unchanged)
* A streak will now reduce the gold lost of the streaker by 25 per streak on his next death
* Solo Hero kills will now grant the absence of assist gold to the team (split four ways)
- Lane Dynamic
+ Lane pulling used to be mandatory. These changes will still allow a team to gain an advantage from pulling Neutral creeps but it will no longer become mandatory in order to compete against another team if they are pulling. This change does not affect player controlled Neutrals.
* Melee Lane Creeps increased damage they do to Neutrals from 125% to 150%
* Ranged Lane Creeps increased damage they do to Neutrals from 75% to 150%
* Uncontrolled Neutral creeps damage reduced to Lane Creeps by roughly 50%
* Lane Creeps will no longer be able to be pulled to multiple Neutral camps
* When a player takes control of a Lane or Neutral creep, the damage they do to each other is reverted to the normal values
+ Making Ancients somewhat harder to kill will increase the length of time when a team or player can effectively do them. Going this route instead of reducing their reward still allows ancients to be an effective boost in terms of gold and experience. The Predasaurs getting more Movement Speed also helps to make them more of a threat and not as easily kited.
* Predasaur Crusher: Movement Speed increased from 300 to 350
* Predasaur Crusher: Armor increased from 4.12 to 8
* Predasaur: Movement Speed increased from 270 to 350
* Predasaur: Health increased from 675 to 800
* Predasaur: Armor increased from 2.94 to 3.5
* Dragon Master: Magic Armor increased from 10 to 12
* Dragon: Magic Armor increased from 5.5 to 8
+ Due to our past buffs to Kongor, we are no longer worried about the extra damage illusions bring to killing this boss. This also fixes the issue where picking up the Rune of Power in Mid Wars and the other boss instantly killing your illusions.
* Kongor, Transmutanstein, and Zorgath will no longer instantly kill illusions that attack them
- Abilities now show their Mana Costs on the Ability icon
+ After seeing the popularity of a UI modification and consistent frequency of requests for this feature, we have now made it a part of the standard UI. Thanks for your input and feedback!
* This works for split and multi-abilities as well
Last edited by Idejder; 05-03-2013 at 07:27 AM.
== Heroes ==
- The main focus of the following changes are to promote roaming and ganking. Some secondary focuses are increasing the viability of more items/Heroes and making them more enjoyable to play with.
Added to Tournament Rules
+ Draining Ra's Mana is no longer a hard counter to Pyroclasmic Rebirth but still remains a soft counter. Pyroclasmic Rebirth also has such a huge cooldown that you can rarely get two off when going from levels 6 to 11. The reduction should help with the feel of not having an ultimate if it goes off at 6 and also with the viability of the Hero in competitive play.
- Pyroclasmic Rebirth: Cooldown decreased from 300/220/140 to 210/150/90
- Pyroclasmic Rebirth: Ra now always revives with 10% Health plus 1% for each 1% Mana he has left up to 50%. Max revive Health is 60%.
+ Overall this change leaves Armadon with a better feel while playing him and against him. You can no longer get the angle barely wrong or right, and you no longer have 249 damage build up on Armordillo only to get nuked and gain 1 damage from it.
- Armordillo: 11.25/22.5/33.75/45% damage reduction now smoothly scales based off the angle you get hit from 0 to 95 degrees. Damage reduction is drastically reduced the closer you get to 95 degrees
- Armordillo: Charges are now gained if Armordillo reduces damage and more charges will be gained the closer to your back
* Example: 100% charges gained at less than 5 degrees, 95% charges at less than 15 degrees, down to 0 at 95 degrees
- Armordillo: Charges will now overflow to the next Spine Burst up to 250 damage
+ This reduces LRM's total damage by about 10% late game and decreases the amount he can constantly use it in the early game, especially with Artillery's very low Intelligence. The nerf on Artillery Barrage also allows enemies to work around it when it is on cooldown.
- LRM: Reduce damage from 15+10/17/24/31% to 15+7/14/21/28%
- LRM: Increased Mana cost from 80/85/90/95 to 80/90/100/110
- Artillery Barrage: Cooldown increased from 90/80/70 to 120/100/80 seconds
+ Quicken now becomes a counter to slows rather than slows countering Quicken.
- Quicken: Movement Speed increased from 100% to 100/150/200/250%
+ A relatively hard ability to land in the first place and making its rewards more apparent early seemed very appropriate. This also can allow Bramble the ability to go 1 point into Spore Breath and max his other skills for a new and different build.
- Spore Breath: Stun duration increased from 1/1.25/1.5/1.75 to 1.75 seconds
+ Her cast type will now work like many other line skills. This should help increase her ability to hit Wave of Death
- Wave of Death: Cast targeting changed to Target Dual
+ This will prevent the target from being Tableted or affected by other movement abilities such as Compel. The Devourer himself can still be Tableted to break Devour... unless he is Magic Immune, of course.
- Devour: Now Immobilizes the target
+ Punishes Draconis players who waste/use their ultimate at bad times by lowering its uptime.
- Cataclysmic Assault: Cooldown increased from 60/45/30 to 75/60/45 seconds
+ You are no longer required to drink! This will make the Hero less tedious and more fun to play. This also allows him to retain more Mana or burst heal, making it a decent buff.
- Drink: Reduced Mana cost from 50 to 35/40/45/50
- Drink: Reworked to now passively give charges up to 3/5/7/9 and gives one charge every 4.5/4/3.5/3 seconds
- Drink: Drink can now be activated to channel (drink) all charges for 25 Health per charge
+ This will allow Heroes with Magic Immune spells to no longer have to pick up Shrunken Heads in order to pass through Energy Field.
- Energy Field: Fence no longer works on any Magic Immune target instead of just Shrunken Head
* Still dispels Protective Charm
+ Allows Cleansing Shock to have more uses in countering other Heroes.
- Staff of the Master upgrade: Once again causes the shock effect to chain to 2 nearby targets
* Chains to allies if you target an ally and enemies if you target an enemy
+ Reducing the high Mana usage the Hero currently has. Increased stun range in order to fit her other long range skills and allow Ellonia to make better use of it.
- Frigid Field: Mana cost reduced from 70/80/90/100 to 75 at all levels
- Flash Freeze: Cast range increased from 500 to 500/550/600/650
- Absolute Zero: Mana cost decreased from 150/250/350 to 150/200/250
+ Slow no longer goes through Magic Immunity. Fayde didn't need any other adjustments after the changes to Revelation Wards, Bound Eye, and Puzzlebox.
- Deep Shadows: No longer Superior Magic
+ Bringing back one of the most famous carry Heroes in the game by allowing his laning phase to have more presence.
- Starting intelligence increased from 15 to 17
- Explosive Flare: Slow increased from 14/18/22/26% to 15/20/25/30%
- Hollowpoint Shells: Chance to proc increased from 25/30/35/40% to 40%
- Hollowpoint Shells: Damage bonus increased from 20/30/40/50 to 15/30/45/60
- Money Shot: Range increased from 1500/2000/2500 to 2000/2250/2500
- Money Shot: Break range increased from 1800/2300/2800 to 2300/2550/2800
+ Increasing the viability of Grapple. Gauntlet will no longer become very ineffective as the game gets past the laning phase.
- Grapple: Increased travel distance from 800 to 800/900/1000/1100
- Grapple: Decreased fly distance from 800/950/1100/1250 to 800/900/1000/1100
+ Remade Gemini's third skill, which will now improve with your stats! A percentage of these bonuses will also apply to Fire and Ice.
- Twin Strike reworked into Elemental Force
* Elemental Force: Gains up to 1 Armor Penetration for every 16/14/12/10 points of Strength
* Elemental Force: Gains 1 Movement Speed for every 5/4/3/2 points of Agility
* Elemental Force: Gains 1 Cast Speed for every 4/3/2/1 points of Intelligence
* Fire and Ice: Each dog gains 60% of the bonuses of Elemental Force
+ Allows for a more consistent feel when placing Crystal Field and becomes more reliable in the early levels.
- Crystal Field: Delay normalized from 3/2.75/2.5 to 2.5 at all levels
- Crystal Field: Radius increased from 300 at all levels to 350
+ Allowing Gladiator a better lane presence to compete against other solo laners.
- Flagellation: Cooldown reduced from 16/12/8/4 to 10/8/6/4
+ Grappling Shot is much more usable in the early levels while also lasting long enough for Gunblade to get the full effects. Crippling Slugs will now hit mechanical units as well.
- Crippling Slugs: Now damages catapults
- Grappling Shot: Range increased from 500/600/700 to 600/650/700
- Grappling Shot: Armor Debuff increased from 5 to 8 seconds
+ Hellbringer will have a much better uptime on his disable. Life Void in the early levels will now combo much better with Death Boil. Malphas uptime can now compare with many other ultimates in the game as it is mainly used as a counter pick and it is no longer hard countered by Nullfire Blade since you have 3.
- Unholy Shackles: Cooldown reduced from 15 to 12 seconds
- Life Void: Duration increased from 5.5/7/8.5/10 to 7/8/9/10 seconds
- Summon Malphas: Cooldown lowered from 160/150/140 to 160/140/120 seconds
- Summon Malphas: Increased the amount of Malphas Demons summoned from 1 to 1/2/3
* Stats of Malphas are changed to be slightly higher than an old level 1 Malphas
* Different Malphas Demons' abilities now stack with each other (Example: Immolation)
Keeper of the Forest
+ Reduced Keeper's effective health against Physical attacks to make him a little easier to kill. Also gave Nature's Veil a fade time so the enemy can react better to it and won't miss attacks as often in lane. Root having the higher cooldown will force Keeper to think a little bit more before using it whenever late game.
- Agility Gain lowered from 2.0 to 1.7
- Nature's Veil: Reduced Armor gain from 6/8/10/12 to 4/6/8/10
- Nature's Veil: Now has a .25 second fade time before stealth
- Root: Cooldown increased from 120/110/100 to 120 seconds
+ Giving Kraken a little of his power back while also allowing him to have a better chance to cast all three abilities at level 6. The Intelligence buff is larger than it appears to be. Try it out!
- Starting Armor increased from 2.1 to 3.1
- Intelligence gain per level increased from 1.7 to 2.0
- Splash: Damage increased from 20/40/60/80 to 25/45/65/85
+ One more notch down for Lodestone and should help keep him from comboing as much in the early game.
- Shatterstorm: Cooldown increased from 80/70/60 to 100/80/60
+ This rework allows Madman to effectively get 54% more damage. Also fits with Berserk, giving him increased attack speed. This allows Madman to really be able to focus down and kill a single target faster and more consistently. This buff also allows Madman to go Riftshards and really be a force to reckon with for DPS.
- Gash: Adds 6/7/8/9% bonus damage per attack on a target up to 3/4/5/6 times
- Gash: No longer gives Critical Strike chance
+ Noxious Cloud used to give 800 Clearvision. Some of that is given back in a smaller radius. Cleansing Wind is now MUCH more usable and consistent. She can now be a more usable counter pick in lineups.
- Noxious Cloud: Now grants 400 radius Clearvison around itself
- Cleansing Wind: Now starts 350 units behind Monarch and travels through her to the target location
- Cleansing Wind: Increased radius from 150 to 175/200/225
+ Tweaked Moon Beam in Mana cost and stun duration in order to take down some of her previously increased early laning presence. Also made her less of a base demolisher and allow teams to better spread against her Multi-strike.
- Moon Beam: Increased Mana cost from 90/100/110/120 to 120
- Moon Beam: Reduced stun duration from 1 to 0.7/0.8/0.9/1 second
- Multi-strike: Reduced bounce range from 500 to 450
+ Giving his tankiness more of a direction against Physical instead of Magic, allowing teams to have an easier time handling Matraxe.
- Magic Armor reduced from 5 to 4.5
+ Carrying with Myrmidon is now a real thing! Get your Carridon on!
- Forced Evolution: Staff of the Master upgrade added
- Staff of the Master upgrade: On attack, now deals Magic damage and slows in a 250 radius. Increases damage from 125/175/225 to 175/225/275
+ Invisibility is no longer 100% countered by true vision. Now he gets an edge that he won't lose in every competitive game.
- Invisibility: Passively grants 6/12/18 Agility
- Invisibility: Fade time decreased from 3/2.5/1.5 to 2.5/2/1.5 seconds
+ Allows enemies to work around Edge Counter a little better with the reduction to uptime.
- Edge Counter: Cooldown increased from 60/45/30 to 60/50/40 seconds
+ This is more of a change towards Ghost Marchers. Oogie with Steamboots will still move about as fast while Oogie with Ghost Marchers will no longer be so close to Haste speed.
- Conflagrate: Movement Speed bonus changed from a flat 20/40/60/80 to a 5/10/15/20% bonus Movement Speed
+ Allows teams to have more of a chance to stop her pushes without needing tons of area damage. Also allows teams a better time frame to purge Judgement off Heroes or to kill them.
- Command: Bonus Health given to minions lowered from 75/150/225/300 to 40/120/160/200
- Ophelia's Judgment: Time it takes to teleport an ally back to the fountain increased from 6/5/4/3 seconds to 5.5/5/4.5/4 seconds
- Ophelia's Touch: No longer heals Neutrals to full. Instead, it heals triple the amount (600/900/1200)
+ This will prevent the target from being Tableted or affected by other movement abilities such as Compel. Pandamonium himself can still be Tableted to break Face Smash... unless he is Magic Immune, of course.
- Face Smash: Now Immobilizes the target
+ We removed Pharaoh's ability to prevent neutrals from spawning because of his ability to do it easily from anywhere on the map and no one having the ability to stop it. It was there to prevent Pharaoh from stacking camps but it is viewed that free stacking compared to free preventing is the lesser of two evils.
- Tormented Soul: The vision no longer prevents Neutrals from spawning
+ A slight tone down of the Pearl's pushing ability.
- Whirlbubble: Radius lowered from 300 to 275
- Preservation: Duration lowered from 8/10/12 to 7/8.5/10 seconds
+ Something a little fun and also can be very viable with Spellshards builds and/or new Restoration Stone builds. Enjoy!
- Enlarge: Staff of the Master upgrade added
- Staff of the Master upgrade: Turns Enlarge into Group Chuck and grants it the ability to Chuck up the 3 targets, dealing damage based on the level of Chuck
* Shares a cooldown with Chuck
+ This change allows Predator to spread Terror more consistantly and more often while giving his enemies a way to deal with the ability.
- Terror: Now passive
* After attacking the same target 3 times, that target gets -2/4/6 Armor for 10 seconds
* Allies who attack that target gain 20/40/60 Attack speed and 15% Movement Speed for 4.5 seconds
+ True to its name, Voodoo Puppet really does function like a voodoo doll now, transferring any negative effects like DoTs, Stuns, and other disables to the afflicted player. Puppet can also use his Puppeteer's Hold and Puppet Show on the Voodoo Puppet, which will also transfer to the target.
- Voodoo Puppet: Cooldown reduced from 150 to 150/135/120
- Voodoo Puppet: Debuffs will now also transfer to the target
* Using a channel ability such as Devourer's Devour or Pollywog Priest's Tongue Tied on the Voodoo Puppet will stun the target for the duration of the channel
* Will not stun the target or transfer debuffs to them if they become Magic Immune while tied to the Voodoo Puppet
+ Revenant will now be able to affect the entire ally team!
- Manifestation: Staff of the Master upgrade added
- Staff of the Master upgrade: Abilities affect two additional targets
* Abilities will cast on 3/4/5 targets total
+ Allows a much better feel when used in combination with her other two skills. No longer feels awkward when trying to land all three.
- Riftburn: Cast range increased from 600 to 700
+ Bringing back some of his old lane strength and ability to kill targets once in a while even when they Homecoming Stone out.
- Toxicity: Illusions will only apply Toxicity for 33% of the duration
- Toxicity: Reduced Health Regeneration increased from 20/40/60/80% to 30/50/70/90%
- Toxicity: Duration increased from 7 to 8 seconds
- Toxicity: Now decreases Movement Speed by 1.25/2.5/3.75/5%
+ Gives Silhouette slightly less laning presence in the early game, while not changing her late game attack speed bonus very much.
- Relentless Salvo: Attack Speed bonus decreased from 250/300/350/400% to 150/200/250/300%
+ Inhuman Nature now has a use when you are at full Mana. Store up extra charges in order to expend them later or give an ally a burst of Mana!
- Inhuman Nature: Can now store up to 10 charges, gaining 1 charge for each creep killed and 2 for Heroes killed
* These charges may be used on self or ally to restore 12/24/36/48 Mana per charge
* May also be right-clicked to put it on autocast. While on autocast, you will instantly consume charges for yourself and not build up charges
+ This will prevent the target from being Tableted or affected by other movement abilities such as Compel. Succubus herself can still be Tableted to break Succubus' Hold... unless she is Magic Immune, of course.
- Succubus' Hold: Now Immobilizes the target
+ Swiftblade will no longer have his late game severely hurt while spinning.
- Blade Frenzy: No longer disarms or slows Swiftblade's attack speed
- Blade Frenzy: Now will reduce attack damage while spinning by 30/20/10/0%
* He still cannot Critical Strike while spinning
+ Making his Elementals comparable to other minions that can't attack towers.
- Elemental: Minions no longer attack Towers when Tempest is out of range
+ Valkyrie's Javelin not only gets a partial revert to get some of her power back, but also gets even better by level four. Early levels of Javelin will enjoy the benefits of getting longer stuns since they are no longer handled in segments of 0.5 seconds. Leap is more consistent and reduces some of the feeling of doom when you use your Leap once in the early game.
- Javelin of Light: Made the stun increments better from 225/200/175/150 to 200/175/150/125
- Javelin of Light: Stun is now handled dynamically
* If you land a level 4 Javelin at 225 range you will now get a 0.9 second stun instead of a 0.5 second stun
- Courageous Leap: Cooldown lowered from 40/35/30/20 to 35/30/25/20
+ From Vindicator's last rework, he was no longer an easy counter pick but, as expressed by the community, he lost a lot of viability. A middle ground was found where Vindicator's old presence could still be felt while also making it so he isn't an automatic counter to so many Heroes.
- Magic Armor increased from 6 to 7
- Master's Incarnation: Reduced Cooldown from 2/1/0/0 to 2/0/0/0
- Glyph of Silence Reworked: On use, drops a Totem at your feet that will Silence enemies within 800 units of it when they cast spells. Totem takes 2/2/3/3 hits to kill, lasts 8/12/16/20 seconds, and silences for 1.5/2/2/2.5 seconds
* Vindicator still gets 10/20/30/40 Attack Speed passively when leveling this skill
+ Allows Wildsoul to still compete against Heroes at level 3 but makes early lucky roots less devastating.
- Booboo: Changed Entangling Claws duration on Heroes from 3 seconds to 0/2/2.5/3 seconds
+ Allows his Staff of the Master to have some extra use other than just damage, especially if they just have Shrunken Head with no Magic Armor. Can't disable him anymore? Well, just shoot him anyway!
- Heavenly Blast: Staff of the Master updated
- Staff of the Master update: In addition to increasing the damage done, the upgrade also changes damage type from Magic to Superior Magic
Last edited by Idejder; 05-03-2013 at 07:27 AM.
== Items ==
Added to Tournament Rules
- Grimoire of Power
+ Items that enemies cannot use will be unable to be seen by the enemy when dropped. This is done in order to help prevent trolling and games being decided by something so small.
- Items you own on the ground in a Chest are now invisible to the enemy players
- Chests now have a new larger glow effect to make them easier to spot
- Chests with items owned by your team are now visible through fog at all times
NEW ITEM: Lex Talionis
+ Focused more as an offensive support item to help take down 1 enemy hero. Also makes for one of the few early game items that offers regeneration for supports. Ganker Heroes may find this item useful as well but the debuff to yourself hopes to focus it more towards supports wanting to be offensive.
- New Item added to Supportive
- Requires Trinket of Restoration, Guardian Ring, and a 300 gold recipe
- Can be upgraded 3 times
- Passively gives 3/4/5 Armor, 1/2/3 Magic Armor, 2.5/3/3.5 Health Regeneration
- Activate to apply a debuff to yourself and the target enemy that reduces armor by 3/4/5 and Magic Armor by 1/2/3 for 7 seconds
- 750 Cast range, 50 Mana cost. Physical cast type
* Does not activate Nullstone
+ Abyssal Skull uses Trinket of Restoration in the recipe but never before gained the benefits of that item. Now you get to keep that Regeneration. The small reduction in damage and Lifesteal is to reduce how effective this item becomes in the late stages of the game for its cost.
- Reduced Lifesteal aura from 15% to 12%
- Reduced Base Damage increase from 15% to 12%
- Now provides 2 Health Regeneration
+ This change makes bottling a rune much easier and more intuitive to do.
- Can now right click Runes to automatically fill your bottle with the Rune
* If you already have a Rune bottled, will use the rune normally instead
* Will bottle a rune if you right click it regardless of how full the Bottle is. Charges left in the Bottle are lost
* You can bottle a Rune by right clicking it while the Bottle is on cooldown
+ This change will bring back skill and foresight to support players in the late game both for warding and de-warding. Now that Bound Eye is not the end-all be-all ward clearer, good support players will now be able to shine over other support players.
- No longer sees Wards by default
- Can now be activated to reveal all Wards through fog around the user for 10 seconds, 60 seconds cooldown. Will break invisibility on self when activated.
- Added a visual passive and active effect to the targets possessing Bound Eye
+ Courier will now be unable to scout for free at the start of the game and most players will have an easier time killing it. This will also help to keep the Courier from feeding in the late game from just 1 attack. Because of the Chest changes, items that enemies cannot use will be unable to be seen by them when dropped. This was done in order to help prevent trolling and games being decided upon something so small.
- Invulnerability cooldown increased from 20 seconds to 90 seconds
- When the courier gets upgraded to a Flying Courier the Invulnerability will start on cooldown
- If the Courier dies, all items will be dropped normally. However, only consumables and shareable items that are dropped can be seen by enemies. The rest are invisible to enemies.
- The Flying Courier now dies in 2 hits by melee Heroes, 3 hits by ranged Heroes or Towers, and 6 hits from minions.
Dust of Revelation
+ Dust will now have a greater use in the game. Players also now have a way of finding enemies hiding in the woods now.
- Reduced cooldown from 60 to 30 seconds
- You can see any enemy hit though fog for 3 seconds
+ Moving Elder Parasite from being an extremely niche item and opening up the amount of Heroes that can use it with the large health boost and no longer being an attack modifier. Elder Parasite's increased strength is geared towards competing with Shrunken Head in terms of viability.
- Now requires Gloves of the Swift, Beastheart, and a 400 cost recipe
- Passively gives 250 Health and 15 Attack Speed
- Activate to give 20% Lifesteal, 20% Movement Speed, and 100 Attack Speed for 12 seconds. Applies 15% damage amp to yourself still.
- Is now an Activation Modifier and cannot be activated while effects from Shrunken Head or Void Talisman are active
- Removed from Morph Attack and now in Combative shop
- No Longer an Attack Modifier
+ Instead of reducing all of Hellflower's benefits to the point of uselessness, we removed the damage amp in order to keep more lockdown item choices in the game. Players already have choices for amplifying their damage, but very few choices in locking down a target.
- Removed damage amp
- Cast range increased from 800 to 900
- Increased duration from 4 to 4.5 seconds
- Reduced Mana cost from 200 to 150
+ Right now, counter teleports happen too fast for a team to viably try to gank an enemy hero. The increased duration will allow teams a chance to gank enemies at towers while also still allowing the enemy team a chance to react. The increased duration also makes it much more viable to run when you see a port coming, try and port out yourself, or to man up and kill the tower.
- It now takes 4 seconds to teleport to any level 1 Tower, 3.5 seconds to any level 2 Tower, and 3 seconds to anything inside your base.
* Post Haste is still a 3 second channel to anything
- New effects for the target of a teleport
* These effects show how long it will be until the person teleporting in will appear
+ Nome's now becomes an extra choice to get Mana regeneration for your team and becomes more usable in more situations.
- 50% Mana regeneration is now applied on the aura
+ You no longer lose out on the bonus Movement Speed Striders gives you when you upgrade to Post Haste. Post Haste now gives up to 150 total Movement Speed, just like Striders.
- Now gains additional +45 Movement Speed over 8 seconds when out of combat
+ The biggest part of the Puzzlebox change comes from the fact that reveal is now on level 1 and 2. This goes along with the Bound Eye change in order to give players another option to clear wards effectively in an area, but obviously comes at a much greater cost. The rest of the changes help to remedy how ineffective the combat of level 1 and level 2 Puzzlebox minions are in comparison to the level 3 minions.
- Strength increased from 6/10/14 to 9/12/15
- Intelligence changed from 15/21/24 to 15/20/25
- Puzzlebox Mauler: Movement Speed increased from 330/360/390 to 350/370/390
- Puzzlebox Mauler: Damage increased from 21/41/61 to 25/50/75
- Puzzlebox Mauler Manaburn: Damage dealt increased from 60% to 100% of the Mana burn
- Puzzlebox Mauler Revealing Eye: Radius increased from 0/0/1000 to 300/650/1000
- Puzzlebox Wizard: Movement Speed increased from 330/360/390 to 350/370/390
- Puzzlebox Wizard: Damage increased from 31/61/91 to 40/65/90
- Puzzlebox Wizard Haste Aura: Radius increased from 350 to 600
+ Not only will this change open up new Heroes to use Restoration Stone, but it will also likely make new Heroes usable due to their abilities having smaller cooldowns.
- Cooldown is now based on the cooldown of all abilities/items refreshed plus 30 seconds. Max of 210 second cooldown
* Example: Tempest uses only his level 1 Elemental Void and then waits 80 seconds (120 seconds left on cooldown). He then uses Portal Key (14 second cooldown), Meteor (25 second cooldown), and then uses Restoration Stone. Restoration Stone's cooldown will then be 120+14+25+30=209 seconds
Wards of Revelation
+ The biggest reason for Revelation Wards being unavailable at the start was because of Neutral creep pulling being so strong. Revelation Wards are brought back with the new lane dynamic change since there is no longer a large enough reason to have them removed. Being worth some gold now helps with the ward battles.
- Two can now be purchased at the start of the game
- Now worth 25 gold when killed
- You can now see the radius around Neutral camps that would block respawns when you're placing a ward (Both Wards of Revelation and Wards of Sight)
+ Better and more reliable in the early game while still being the large damage in the end game.
- Critical Chance increased from 10/13/16/20% to 20%
- Critical Damage decreased slightly from 1.8/2/2.2/2.4 to 1.65/1.9/2.15/2.4
- Damage changed from 45/55/65/75 to 40/53/66/80
Ring of the Teacher
+ Gives less pushing presence in the early game while still making the item just as good for the user.
- Reduced aura Armor from 3 to 2
- Passive armor increased by 1
+ Taking the item down slightly in order to give other late game damage items some presence.
- Removed attack speed
+ Goes along with the new Elder Parasite change.
- Is now an Activation Modifier and cannot be activated while effects from Elder Parasite or Void Talisman are active
+ Allows for easier purchasing from the side shop.
- Now defaults to Apprentice Robe instead of Bolstering Armband
+ Savage Mace damage is now the sum of its parts and also makes its buildup slightly worse.
- Damage reduced from 46 to 40
+ Goes along with the new Elder Parasite.
- Is now an Activation Modifier and cannot be activated while effects from Elder Parasite or Shrunken Head are active
== Bots ==
- Added a new Bot: Soul Reaper
* Bot created by paradox870
* paradox870 receives 6400 gold coins, his choice of alt avatar, and the Robot Courier forum award
* Join us on the bot sub-forums to create your own bot!
- Fixed bots attempting to toggle Ring of the Teacher on when it's in their stash
- Defiler and Magmus can now use Frostfield Plate
== Matchmaking ==
- When queueing against Bots, you can now select a difficulty to play against
- When queueing against Bots, you can now random the bots you play against
- Bots will now pick after all human players have readied up, allowing players to select the Heroes the bots would have originally sniped. Bots will adjust their picks if their Hero is unavailable.
== New Content ==
- Heroes that have been missing Announcer sounds have had them added
- Added new Sir Benzington Debut Edition Alt Avatar: Sir Terrowin
* Terrowin the baby goblin was rescued by the Damwell clan and raised to become a Knight of the Lancer Brotherhood. Now Sir Terrowin will create his legacy, riding into battle upon Lago the black battle hare!
* Releases 5/3/2013
- Added new Sir Benzington Premium Alt Avatar: Sir Benzalot
* Younger brother to Sir Benzington, Sir Benzalot considers himself the greatest Knight of the Lancer Brotherhood and brazenly charges into his enemies on his battle mount, a Great Waste riptor named Velock.
* Releases 5/3/2013
- Added new Drunken Master Alt Avatar: Tequila Master
* I love you, man. No, listen. It's Cinco de Mayo-what's with all this aggression and fighting? We should be dancing! You know what we all need? Some of this tequila. This is going to be the best battle ever!
* Releases 5/3/2013
- Added new Gemini Avatar: Fu Lion Gemini
* These imperial guardian lions harness the elemental powers of fire and ice to defend the once-peaceful temples of the Sang-La Mountains. Now that war has arrived, they prowl the landscape to eliminate the Hellbourne threat.
* Releases 5/6/2013
- Added new Monarch Alt Avatar: Tera Monarch
* The bloodsucking Tera Monarchs of Darkwood Vale can smell the feast spilling throughout Newerth. As daemon blood offers no life, they have sided with the Hellbourne to drink the Legion dry.
* Releases 5/8/2013
- Added new Gauntlet Alt Avatar: Siege Gauntlet
* Before the Second Corruption, Siege Gauntlet made a living as a mercenary, selling his ability to bash through ramparts and palisades to the highest bidder. Now the Hellbourne own his soul, and his massive ram's head gauntlet is compelled to lay waste to Legion defenses.
* Releases 5/10/2013
- Added new Hellbringer Alt Avatar: Elementbringer
* Elementbringer may be as old as the dirt he commands, but don't let this cantankerous elder hear you say it. And if he catches you on his lawn, his fire, ice, and earth daemons will make you regret it. (FYI: He considers all of Newerth his lawn.)
* Releases 5/13/2013
- Added new Zephyr Alt Avatar: Party Zephyr
* You wanted it, you got it! BlacRyu's Party Zephyr is showing up with his disco ball, rainbows and personal soundtrack just in time for the HoNiversary party!
* Releases 5/15/2013
== Bug Fixes and Optimizations ==
- Anyone using Mods should uninstall them, as this patch has significant UI changes
Animation Length changes
- These changes affect when your Hero will auto target/attack after casting a spell
- They do not increase the speed of casting the spell
- Wave of Death: Cast Animation Time reduced from 1700ms to 800ms
- Grave Silence: Cast Animation Time reduced from 1700ms to 800ms
- Unholy Shackles: Cast Animation Time reduced from 1000ms to 750ms
- Death Boil: Cast Animation Time reduced from 1000ms to 750ms
- Life Void: Cast Animation Time reduced from 1000ms to 750ms
- Summon Malphas: Cast Animation Time reduced from 1000ms to 750ms
- Puppeteer's Hold: Cast Animation Time reduced from 1670ms to 600ms
- Puppet Show: Cast Animation Time reduced from 1670ms to 600ms
- Voodoo Puppet: Cast Animation Time reduced from 1670ms to 600ms
- Haunt: Cast Animation Time reduced from 1450ms to 800ms
- Flash of Darkness: Cast Animation Time reduced from 1450ms to 800ms
- Phoenix Wave: Cast Animation Time reduced from 1400ms to 1000ms
- Dragonfire: Cast Animation Time reduced from 1400ms to 1000ms
- Blazing Strike: Cast Animation Time reduced from 1000ms to 800ms
- Desert's Curse: Cast Animation Time reduced from 1330ms to 750ms
- Chain Reaction: Cast Animation Time reduced from 1300ms to 1000ms
- Impalement: Cast Animation Time reduced from 1500ms to 800ms
- Avalanche: Cast Animation Time reduced from 1190ms to 1000ms
Aggro Range changes
- Aggro Range is the distance a target has to be within before your Hero will automatically acquire them to attack
- These changes make sure Ranged Heroes acquire targets at the appropriate range while Melee Heroes will get a bit closer
- Increased from 600 to 800 units for the following Heroes
- Aggro Range decreased from 800 to 600 units for the following Heroes
* Lord Salforis
- Added new Bot icons
- Power Throw's lingering vision at the end removed
- Fissure fixed to not display the model and effect for longer than is accurate
- Entangling Vine Wall's interaction with Restoration Stone has been fixed to work as intended
- Flame Path no longer spawns an insane amount of gadgets
- Burning Shadows can no longer attack other units if they loses their original target
- Flick now lets Pandamonium aggro onto the flicked target while they are midair
- Fixed him throwing his hook from the origin
- Defile will no longer hitch when double-activating it
- Typhoon fixed so you can now place it on top of buildings/units/cliffs/trees correctly
- No longer drains the last of your Mana while giving you no magical attack
- Couriers, some Pets, and most Gadgets are now ignored properly when targeting abilities
- Catman Champion infinite life particles no longer behave badly
- Group members are notified (via a sound) when the host tries to queue and they aren't ready
- Fixed the water rendering on all of the maps
- Fixed TCP sockets never reconnecting if you were disconnected for a long time
- The chat server checks the most up-to-date stats when a player attempts to create/join a group and rejects them if they're a leaver
- Fixed cast range indicators for ForceRange abilities (Ra's Path of Destruction and Gladiator's Call to Arms)
- Fixed players not becoming verified when they should be
- Fixed possible crash on disconnecting from a game if the player failed to load correctly
- Fixed abilities with inheritmovement causing a stutter when double activating (Revenant's Defile)
- Fixed items on the courier not losing their "full value resell" property when the Hero dies
- Fixed a divide by 0 error with new cast range indicators
* As much as we tried, we could not bend the fabric of the universe
- Fixed important chat messages not showing up in the team chat tab (kill streak ending, disconnection, etc.)
- Fixed OpenGL problems when changing graphics settings
- Tweaked Test++'s height to better fit after the removal of the repick Hero button
- Matchmaking: The verified prompt now refreshes client info, thus Matchmaking should correctly show you are verified without needing to relog
- The store's alt avatar list now better handles products being activated/deactivated without needing to restart HoN
- Fixed OpenGL problems when changing graphics settings
- Fixed Scout not appearing in the Taunt previews
For Modders: Deleted Unused Files