Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: I'm Worried For HoN and S2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maliken View Post
    If you enjoy it, play it.
    Else I wouldn't bere here am I not? ^^
    And thank you for the community concern such as myself, wish you the best of luck, (OT: wanna try mod the Shadow Sandwraith now, Broadzword! *_*)

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Remember that the "current player online" is broken on purpose. At least 60 000 players are from GArena, which you will never play with / heard of.

I'm also worried about the state of HoN toward his "skill level". Many beta players moved to HoN because it was the most "hardcore" and "fast" (you need quick reaction time). But update after update, HoN is going "noob-like" instead of keeping the initial "shining" path. Almost all my friend list is gone because they no longer have interest into the game : you have a larger pool of hero but every game are the same, and the easymode heroes are very frustrating to play with / against.

Also, if you want to go over 1900 MMR you need a 5 man team and smurf. I feel like it's cheating and you lose interest to MMR.

I stopped playing HoN after 3.0, and this small balance patch won't change anything.

Same goes for bots, there's no documentation for the commands. That's huge mistake, IMO. I can code, most people can code. I did mods for other games, but I'm not a professional, I need a documentation.

S2 maybe has grown "too" fast and miss some "maturity" and experience. I mean look at DotA 2. Valve is doing great stuff, sharing with the community, using the skills of their community, it's never-ending experience. S2 promised custom map since early 2009 (4 years now, wow so old)...
    Last edited by VolkoCorp; 02-08-2013 at 09:14 AM.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #23
    S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff
    In early 2009 it was our initial intentions to have custom maps. Those plans have obviously changed. If we revisit that topic and have a different perspective, we'll let the community know.

As far as bot scripting goes, I know our intention is to empower the community to do as much as they would like with them. While I am not fully up to speed on everything regarding that, I know we have a forum set up http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/fo...y.php?290-Bots I hope you can find some useful information there. The scripting language and back end systems are pretty powerful. I know you can script some interesting bots

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Finally a response, thank you Maliken!
    Last edited by Nytemair; 02-08-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    Premium Tips and Tricks Guide: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...php?p=14769758

I miss when HoN was...y'know, good.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by VolkoCorp View Post
    Remember that the "current player online" is broken on purpose. At least 60 000 players are from GArena, which you will never play with / heard of.

I'm also worried about the state of HoN toward his "skill level". Many beta players moved to HoN because it was the most "hardcore" and "fast" (you need quick reaction time). But update after update, HoN is going "noob-like" instead of keeping the initial "shining" path. Almost all my friend list is gone because they no longer have interest into the game : you have a larger pool of hero but every game are the same, and the easymode heroes are very frustrating to play with / against.

Also, if you want to go over 1900 MMR you need a 5 man team and smurf. I feel like it's cheating and you lose interest to MMR.

I stopped playing HoN after 3.0, and this small balance patch won't change anything.

Same goes for bots, there's no documentation for the commands. That's huge mistake, IMO. I can code, most people can code. I did mods for other games, but I'm not a professional, I need a documentation.
    1. If 53,000 players are online, and I can find a game on an EU server in under 3 minutes (at around 2am GMT) . . . how can "at least 60,000" players be from Garena?

2. You still need decent reaction times to play the game, in my opinion. If you are finding the newer heroes too easy, and your skill level is akin to a competitive player . . . why don't you play Tournament games whereby new heroes don't enter the scene for quite a while after their public release?

3. It's not S2's fault that you consider it cheating. That is your own personal morals, for which every person is slightly different!

4. All | of | this | is | documentation. As well as this and this.

More resources would always be appreciated (hi Maliken ), however malloc is working his best to accommodate us. And yes, a lot of those threads were created by community members, however those community members have been involved with the bots before their public release and have been working with S2 to get the code and documentation to the level it is at currently.
    Last edited by Gorb; 02-08-2013 at 10:02 AM.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Artesia Ultimate Avatar Suggestion!
    Keeper of the Forest Ultimate Avatar Suggestion!
    Icarus, a DREAM hero
    Kenhek, another DREAM hero
    Signature is a work in progress.

Hasn't HoN become like.. the national sport in South Korea? I think I heard something about HoN taking starcrafts place over there. they have crazy big tournaments and stuff all the time.
    /Signature

Account Icon
    HoN will be much more attractive to the new players if there were short videos showing the abilities of heroes, like in LoL. Also you can include more artworks for presenting the alt avatars, also like in LoL. You can make some interesting intro video/s presenting HoN and the heroes in it - like the most of the games nowadays. I am telling this because I saw Maliken speaking in this thread and I hope he could see what I have to say.If we compare HoN with Dota2 and LoL, HoN is still the best of this three games(I can tell this because I have played all the games mentioned above).

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksin View Post
    Hasn't HoN become like.. the national sport in South Korea? I think I heard something about HoN taking starcrafts place over there. they have crazy big tournaments and stuff all the time.
    You realize people in korea literally live off playing sc2 as well has it being broadcast on tv, name one hon player in korea that lives off his salary(living with parents does not count).

HoN has a bright shining future in front of it. S2 is extremely committed to this game and I hope that shows. You should feel confident (to quote someone in this thread) in knowing that not only is your all time favorite game, it is also personally mine
    How are you committed? You delayed HoN 3.0 by over a year only to have the core feature of it target new players.

You don't care about your legacy players, you never have and the push from Paid --> F2P --> F2O --> HoN 3.0 proves it.
    Verbal Abuse
    While we understand that this game will cause players to rage, please only report them if they are using inappropriate language in excessive

Quote Originally Posted by Senladar View Post
    How are you committed? You delayed HoN 3.0 by over a year only to have the core feature of it target new players.

You don't care about your legacy players, you never have and the push from Paid --> F2P --> F2O --> HoN 3.0 proves it.
    I joined before you, and I'm still happy. Dwi, B)

Account Icon
    Be fair guys. S2 has some really good customer service now. In the past they did not (when they had fewer employees and some questionable designers) but think about the size of Blizzard and how their service to players compares to S2. The CS/developer communication for Diablo III (a paid game backed by a gigantic corporation) is not even close to as responsive, involved, competent, or transparent as we get for HoN, a free game by a company of under what, 150 people?

We have had 6 patches this week addressing issues that arose from a major overhaul and we get content patches ever single week.
    Blizzard has spent months hyping up patch 1.07 for DIII and basically throwing out random number values to see if they can get the community to balance their game for them. It's still not out.
    Dream Heroes (Please vote again if you voted during the rollback period):

Quasar: Star-Born Law Man on the Hunt for the Fugitive Known As Andromeda

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepani View Post
    I don't know what your trying to portray renegateor
    Pretty simple, i didn't get your point, since
    HoN has a bright shining future in front of it
    And you were making it look like hon is going down fast, and will have no players left in a few days

Account Icon
    Has everyone forgotten that HoNtour is unique?

I live in South Korea currently and HoN nor SC2/SC1 is the most popular game amongst teens. LoL is. Go to any PC Cafe in Korea and you will see kids playing LoL all day. Competitively, SC1 might be the bigger but more people in Korea play league of legends. SC1 was a national sport but LoL is slowly over taking it.

Well here is my take

Since they have made the CM Changes, they almost ruined both modes because in CM now whenever a team is losing some just leave because they don't care enough as the stats are now hidden so for the new players it will ruin it for them most of the time, for the normal mode since most of the CM players start playing normal they will start feeding/failing for a couple of games until they learn the mode thus they will ruin the experience for the normal players.

just hope you don't make Mid Wars ranking next it would be, RIP HoN j/k :P

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Not Korea, but Thailand; HoN is the most played moba game there afaik, also with huge advertisements and tournaments like you've mentioned.

Compare HoN with other moba games at the HoN Rosetta Stone
    Want to make your own HoN DVD? Click here

Even if HoN lost half its current players it would still be huge. As much as it has been increasing and we hope it continues to do so, the amount of players we have is a non-concern at this point. Whether a game is subjectively fun has nothing to do with its CCU If you enjoy it, play it.
    Thanks for saying this. I can't help but respect this position. I still prefer HoN to LoL and Dota1/2, even without Custom Maps and all of that jazz. I think the market is there for that, but in the end it's up to you to support that.
    Only a man who cannot conquer his deficiencies feels the need to convince the world he has none.

--Hickman/Weis

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Felshatner View Post
    Thanks for saying this. I can't help but respect this position. I still prefer HoN to LoL and Dota1/2, even without Custom Maps and all of that jazz. I think the market is there for that, but in the end it's up to you to support that.
    Inorite? It will easily expand the longevity of the game if they found a way to make custom maps marketable. Yes, even if I have to buy more gold coins.

Quote Originally Posted by Grevier View Post
    Mostly proofs will be shown with the increase of the "Current players Online" meter.
    Just don't be Diablo III 2.0 Maliken... HoN is still my favorite and only MOBA...
    I dont know about the increase of current players online, though. It varies from 70k to 140k which is less/more than before where it said a constant 80-90k online!