Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: HONCAST WANTS YOU..... to be the next lead co-caster!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

HONCAST WANTS YOU..... to be the next lead co-caster!

Ever dreamed of working side by side with some of the most passionate gamers on a daily basis? Maybe you've been a long time HoN player who's ready to take it to the next level, or maybe you've been there and back again. Do you love Heroes of Newerth and are interested in making an impact in how we market our game to our current and upcoming audience? Maybe you've tuned in to Honcast and thought, "That could be me. I could definitely do that!" If so, then you're just the person we want to hear from! Take a look below and see if you've got what it takes to be the newest addition to the Honcast staff...

Job Title: Honcast Shoutcaster
    Position: Full-Time (Salary)
    Job Description: As a Honcast Shoutcaster the applicant is expected to provide analytical commentary of competitive Heroes of Newerth matches alongside Breakycpk, host upcoming programs and create exciting content for hundreds of thousands of Heroes of Newerth players. The applicant, if selected, will become a full-time staff member of Honcast.com and work under the S2 Games, LLC brand located in Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA where the Honcast studio is finalizing construction. The applicant will function as part of a unique marketing team at the S2 headquarters who work to further the outreach of Heroes of Newerth as a leader in the MOBA genre as well as a leading eSport title.

Job Requirements:

• Understand high level play and/or theory-crafting
    • Speak English as a main language with the ability to clearly communicate in both live and prerecorded settings
    • Live in the United States or have the ability to obtain a visa to live in the United States (usually this means having a degree from a University)
    • Have a passport or the ability to obtain a passport
    • Be at least 18 years of age (21+ is preferred)
    • Able to relocate to Kalamazoo, MI within 30 days of accepting an offer
    • Able to function as part of a team
    • Self motivated

To Apply:
    Please email a resume to hr@s2games.com including:

• Full Name
    • In-Game Name
    • Level of Education
    • A sample of your work (can be an audio file but prefer a video link)
    • Why you think you're the best candidate for the job

After we compile a list of eligible candidates all applications will be reviewed by myself, Diva, LuLu and Breakycpk to determine the top entries, where we will take to the public and provide you, the community, the opportunity to weigh in on who YOU want to hear.

But hurry! The deadline for all applications is June 11th, 2012.
    Last edited by Seacow; 05-30-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    First

Nice to see hon cast team is expanding

i live in Brazil do i have a chance?

Account Icon

New co-caster?

Since it's the community who are going to be listening to the casts and watching the VODs, why don't you let the community partake in the decision of the new co-caster? I don't mean to say let the HoN community choose who you employ, but at least let us give our imput as a whole. My suggestion, get a top tier level clip (around 2 minutes) of an action packed teamfight. Require the applicants to draft a play by play solo cast (similar to what zyori or breaky would do in an actual cast) and then provide the community with all of the options, and let us privately or publicly vote!

Thanks if you like my idea

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by KlifftheOne View Post
    i live in Brazil do i have a chance?
    I think it's little to no chance bro. I'm from Brazil too, but i think i couldn't handle it because i'm still trying to maximize my english abilities
    but if u fell u can do something, u should contact the S2 support. It would be awesome to have a fella Br in the S2 staff, i hope u can do it !
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalenthios View Post
    "How many HoN players does it take to change a light bulb?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalenthios View Post
    Two. One to do it, and one to tell the other to **** off and die."

Sadly, that's most of the community here.

"Now You Will Feel Death's Cold Embrace."
    KoMbat Shall Be Devastating.

Sounds cool, good luck to all the applicants! :-)

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    bargh!

They need this for the Australian competative scene.
    If at first you don't succeed, PUT SOME FREAKIN' WARDS DOWN..

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    what about zyori?

signature created by Redeye998 o
    The Gentlemen's Club information here!

Feel free to join our channel: /join clan TheGentlemensClub

Why would have to relocate if its online casting? What is the salary?

I'd rather see someone who doesn't do play-by-play. Someone who actually notices (the huge moving icon) when an item is bought or is not preoccupied with placing their catch phrases in every second sentence and actually has something to say as to why things happened the way they did. Who actually cares about the play-by-play, it's nothing more than something to fill the silence during fights and ganks, get someone like that if you think it helps your viewer count or whatever, but for the love of god, get someone who stops the clueless babbling in between (HenryD).

inb4 FJ trying hard to get the position

Account Icon
    I agree too! The play by play was just my example.. You can't really do a mock cast that entails of talking about item builds unless you have them mock cast the entire thing. Which is still a viable option!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Fawk, I would apply but I stutter, im brack, I live in the Caribbean, I'm under 18, never gone university and can't relocate to Kalmazoo (didn't think this was a real city) but well played requirements, well played, here when I thought a 13.9 year old couldve gotten a salary for playing a game, well played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnbringer View Post
    SlicerDigZ is correct
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakezoor View Post
    i approve.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetJesus View Post
    Why would have to relocate if its online casting? What is the salary?
    Because Honcast has a studio being made (or nearly completeled) in the S2 office and the caster will likely be working in conjunction with the S2 team. Based on what Phil and Breaky have done during their run with Honcast one can assume you will also be spending time representing S2 and HoN at conventions etc.
    Always blow on the pie. Safer communities together.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I'd like to see more Diva cast, he's no too bad tbh

as long as he doesn't fap over Bkid how ever.

Where does this leave Zyori? Is he not going to be the co-caster anymore or? Good luck to all the applicants btw.

Too bad I'm still studying at uni, oh well, good luck to the applicants!

I'd rather have someone who knows what the hell they're talking about when it comes to mechanics and has some decent competitive insight (players, team compositions, etc...). We don't need another person who can shout 10 words/sec during a huge teamfight.

No more Zyori?
    Has a rubber duck named "Mr. Quackers."

Rudra || Plaguebringer || Bastion || Castor/Pollux || Arcane Assassin || Smoke

Blog yo