Mountain Dew Monkey King

11 minutes ago, Ceriss said:

it was available during event, you completed various tasks and got those baloons as reward. The final reward for the event was Mountain Dew Monkey King avatar

I see.. Its a shame that its unavailable now ? 
They should make him purchasable if the event is not comming back

5 minutes ago, theunboned said:

[...] more importantly i bet people will spend gold on a good looking skin like this one which would support the game [...]

Why is this the standart argument everyone provides that is hoping for a particular item to become purchaseable ?
I was mostly being sarcastic earlier but you hopefully agree that above argument was a rather poor attempt of convincing anyone of anything ?
❤️

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, MerryHONmas said:

Why is this the standart argument everyone provides 

Probably that is just the 1st thing that comes to mind but i guess it was a silly suggestion. Idk about other people's thoughts on these topics since im a baby in the forums but yeah I don't see many other reasons to make it available (the avatar)

"problem" with rereleasing this alt avatar is most likely in a contract between S2 (or FB) and Mountain Dew.

If they initialy aggreed to release this avatar only once during that sayd event, then they cant rerease it again without new contract.

That is also why there is no longer SLJ announcer pack, Ms. Pudding announcer pack, nayn cat courier available for example.

2 hours ago, PantyBandit` said:

@MerryHONmas Should there be a better reason to make an avatar available, other than willingness to purchause said avatar?

No, but a reason that is better than any reason to to not rerelease a limited edition avatar.
If you have something rare that you spent alot of effort (or money) into getting with the premise of it being limited time offer or availlability, just for it to be rereleased because someone wants it too... then there is no point in limited editions to begin with.

• Like 1

spacer.png

23 minutes ago, PantyBandit` said:

I agree. Artificially created arbitrary restrictions on supply are dumb.

yes lets hand out everything to everyone for free by the extend of that argument.
there is always an arficially arbitrary restriction and may it simply be the general value of something.
in case of a limited edition, the difference is simply that it's value comes from it being vaillable for only a short period of time, so collectors may benefit from it.

your only point so far was "if i may not ahve it i don't want anyone else to have it either" if translated and applied...

spacer.png

7 hours ago, MerryHONmas said:

yes lets hand out everything to everyone for free by the extend of that argument.
there is always an arficially arbitrary restriction and may it simply be the general value of something.
in case of a limited edition, the difference is simply that it's value comes from it being vaillable for only a short period of time, so collectors may benefit from it.

your only point so far was "if i may not ahve it i don't want anyone else to have it either" if translated and applied...

No. My point is "if it can be made available, it should be made available". No one is benefiting from exclusivity.

3 hours ago, PantyBandit` said:

No. My point is "if it can be made available, it should be made available". No one is benefiting from exclusivity.

but it most likely cant be made available due to expired contract

10 hours ago, PantyBandit` said:

uhm yeah, the people that spent alot of ressources because they actually collect stuff are...

spacer.png