Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
RitchUK

An option to hide stats

Suggestion Opinion Poll  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have an option to hide our stats?

• Yes, let us hide our stats.
    • No, leave stats as they are.

Posted (edited)

Introduction

Over the years, I've seen one particular question/complaint pop-up all the time.  "Why is the HoN community so bad?"

While I understand that hostility is inevitable in a team-based game, I feel that having player statistics on show for the world to see is a contributing factor to answering that question.

I've lost count of how many times I have joined a game only to see someone snap-call mid before someone else announces "gg this noob mid has 0.8 KD I feed".  This is something that commonly happens during the banning phase, before the match has even started. 

I am confident that most people will agree with me when I say that Kills vs Deaths ratio, or any technical statistic like Gold Per Minute or Creep Kills per game, is not really a true indicator of someone's skill level especially as it takes in to account every game played in the current season (which has an indefinite duration) as well as the differing roles available in the game which often result in lower stats, such as support or suicide.

The Proposal

I would love to see an option available in settings which toggles who gets to see my stats.  The available options for stat visiblity would be as listed below:

• Private
  • Friends-Only
  • Friends and Clan
  • Public

(Naturally MMR and number of games played will still be visible)

An example of how this would look on the stats page is shown below in this amazingly editted picture in paint.net.  (Based off of a system used in Overwatch).

Hidden-Stats.png

Conclusion

I feel that this kind of change will help to mitigate the number of suffer games as it removes a catalyst that in my personal experience, is the root of a large portion of "ruined games".  It is dissapointing when a team is already at a major disadvantage before the game has even begun just because two people have gotten in to an argument over someone's competence at a specific role that has led to them into trying to ruin eachother's gaming experience.

Thanks for reading, please consider responding with your opinion as well as placing a vote in the poll.  It would be interesting to see how many people agree with me.

Edited by RitchUK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Usually i play support and obviously i have a kd below 0.8 and they start to flare, i would love to see this option in hon

• Like 1

I like this suggestion, even if this feature makes you paying for it.

Wanna waste the time reading wall of text? Head the link below: