Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
Jah_sex

Electrician staffed

Hi! So I was thinking about how staff could work on Electrician. Since his first skill stuns one target, applying staff could stun two,( max three I suggest) heroes in a defined small radius. That's my suggestion. Have a great one 😄

No explanation, thought process, nothing???

My oppinion:
NO!

waaaaaaaaay too broken if he can tether stun multiple targets for 3+ seconds while moving, casting, using items and even autoattacking... just no...

Actually I could see it being pretty interesting because he would have to stay within Tether Range of all of his targets at once to maximize the stun. Due to the way he moves he may have to break a tether on one to dodge or reposition. 

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

7 hours ago, MerryHONmas said:

No explanation, thought process, nothing???

My oppinion:
NO!

waaaaaaaaay too broken if he can tether stun multiple targets for 3+ seconds while moving, casting, using items and even autoattacking... just no...

Well man, if vodoojester and succubus can do it, why not electrician? It is basically the same about moving, casting, using items and "even" auto attacking 😊

3 hours ago, Hubaris said:

Actually I could see it being pretty interesting because he would have to stay within Tether Range of all of his targets at once to maximize the stun. Due to the way he moves he may have to break a tether on one to dodge or reposition. 

Exactly. I think it would make electrician a bit more interesting, a more challenging heroe to use, more dinamyc as well in teamfigths. The radius could be something like legionnaire's taunt. I believe it would be fair and not overpowered. 

Why not change it to : 

Staff of the Master

Cleansing Shock*

Can now purge status effects and instant kill non-hero controlled units. (Brute Strength, Carnage, Stone hide, Shadow).

for a large cost of course and doubles the cooldown. making the skill the strongest/broken anti buff skill in the game. Then, the auto ban the hero in all ranks and watch players lose their minds. lmao!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jah_sex said:

Well man, if vodoojester and succubus can do it, why not electrician? It is basically the same about moving, casting, using items and "even" auto attacking 😊

vj stun is not mass 4 second aoe and it can be dodged by moving inbetween bounces.

succubus can disable two opponents with TWO SPELLS and she needs staff for her ult to allow her to do what electricians q does without ult so there already goes that argument of yours.

6 hours ago, MerryHONmas said:

vj stun is not mass 4 second aoe and it can be dodged by moving inbetween bounces.

succubus can disable two opponents with TWO SPELLS and she needs staff for her ult to allow her to do what electricians q does without ult so there already goes that argument of yours.

LOL, is this an argument of I win or lose for you? Or am I just making a suggestion? I mean you can give your opinion, but remind yourself that you are not the one in charge in making any changes😉. Vodoojester can use his ult staffed and use another spells, and doing whatever he wants, so does succubus in her staffed ult. Electrician wouldn't be broken with this suggestion I'm making since the radius is as small as leggionaires taunt. 

1 hour ago, Jah_sex said:

LOL, is this an argument of I win or lose for you? Or am I just making a suggestion? I mean you can give your opinion, but remind yourself that you are not the one in charge in making any changes😉. Vodoojester can use his ult staffed and use another spells, and doing whatever he wants, so does succubus in her staffed ult. Electrician wouldn't be broken with this suggestion I'm making since the radius is as small as leggionaires taunt. 

Since when is Electricians Q Range 250 units?
You also never anywhere specified any radius for this.
You just suggested it bare any actual in depth information and left it to anyone to assume.
Voodoos ult can reactively be countered with void. a channeled stun can NOT be reactively countered. Also why would you compare an aoe DAMAGE ability with a four second !!!) aoe STUN?!
I never ever said it is my decision to make, I am simply giving my idea so why the hell are you reacting this passively aggressive ?!
I simply don't think there is a way to actually balance this without granting Electrician more power and value than he actually already has. As a matter of fact, the ONLY way you have to currently even counteract an Electrician is to gang up on him so he has to pick a target and so others are able to shut him down.
Nullstone is a joke because he can remove it and instantly stun you. Shrunken Head works but for most heroes is an item too expensive to be bought right away (unless they are farming which only 1 or 2 heroes do per team in a match of 5v5) and things like Sand Sceptre don't work either because he can cleanse them. Sheepstick is even more expensive so if a support can't afford Shrunken, they won't have that either. Storm Spirit costs as much as Shrunken so same issue in regards to GPM. Ontop of that an Electrician with somewhat of a brain will get SH eitherway to make sure they won't be shut down too hard.
Now adding a 4 second AOE stun that with refresher can turn into 8 second AOE stun, all the while being Magic Immune... That is Tempest ultimate level!!!! (literally as he too has a channel). But with severely less cooldown and severely more flexibility.
THAT is why I am against it. It simply turns the item into a "must always buy first" and a "tripple your winchances and reduce your opponents from 30% 1v1 or 70% 3v1 to 30% 1v1 or 30% xv1. It just seems way too broken to me.

I think because how strong Elec is... current ultimate ability should be his Staffed ability... 10 sec cd and you can purge yourself an a hero in range and remove all debuffs. Or slow an enemy and remove all buffs from him... Incredibly strong spell. Also who the hell thought that it's a good idea that you can walk and attack while stunning enemy hero for 4 secs.

8 hours ago, MerryHONmas said:

Since when is Electricians Q Range 250 units?
You also never anywhere specified any radius for this.
You just suggested it bare any actual in depth information and left it to anyone to assume.
Voodoos ult can reactively be countered with void. a channeled stun can NOT be reactively countered. Also why would you compare an aoe DAMAGE ability with a four second !!!) aoe STUN?!
I never ever said it is my decision to make, I am simply giving my idea so why the hell are you reacting this passively aggressive ?!
I simply don't think there is a way to actually balance this without granting Electrician more power and value than he actually already has. As a matter of fact, the ONLY way you have to currently even counteract an Electrician is to gang up on him so he has to pick a target and so others are able to shut him down.
Nullstone is a joke because he can remove it and instantly stun you. Shrunken Head works but for most heroes is an item too expensive to be bought right away (unless they are farming which only 1 or 2 heroes do per team in a match of 5v5) and things like Sand Sceptre don't work either because he can cleanse them. Sheepstick is even more expensive so if a support can't afford Shrunken, they won't have that either. Storm Spirit costs as much as Shrunken so same issue in regards to GPM. Ontop of that an Electrician with somewhat of a brain will get SH eitherway to make sure they won't be shut down too hard.
Now adding a 4 second AOE stun that with refresher can turn into 8 second AOE stun, all the while being Magic Immune... That is Tempest ultimate level!!!! (literally as he too has a channel). But with severely less cooldown and severely more flexibility.
THAT is why I am against it. It simply turns the item into a "must always buy first" and a "tripple your winchances and reduce your opponents from 30% 1v1 or 70% 3v1 to 30% 1v1 or 30% xv1. It just seems way too broken to me.

A suggestion doesn't have to come with a suite and a tie, it just starts with an idea. About having electricians stun with a smaller radius, we can grab thunderbringers ultimate staffed, it goes from global to a defined area, that in my opinion makes his skill less valuable. Which it wouldn't be in this electrician case. But there is always a sacrifice to make. It is not about comparing the stun with the aoe skill, it is bringing the ideology of one and implementing in another. By the way, giving an idea is not about finding problems in the solutions, you are the one who came on my comment an acted like, no this, no that. I came with an idea, you don't like? fine, just say it, don't belittle who wants to improve. And to clarify the  "passive-aggressive", you came with the attitude from the start, and throughout your comments it goes, and in your previous comment you said very good and I quote "I simply don't think there's a way to actually balance...". That would be enough as a great start to understanding, as you would be more interested in depeen what we are discussing,as you would sound passive. 

44 minutes ago, Jah_sex said:

thunderbringers ultimate staffed, it goes from global to a defined area, that in my opinion makes his skill less valuable.

do you even understand how staff works on tb?
just asking bceause you can literally toggle between global and aoe...