Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
ElementUser

read Can't connect to chat server

From this thread:

If you're having trouble connecting to the chat server just recently (since ~24h before this post was made) and still have trouble connecting when you normally don't have trouble connecting to the chat server, please make a post & mention which country you're in.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Note that the Chat Server was just restarted too, so let us know in this thread if you still have issues after this point (and also post the country you're in if you do).

Edited by ElementUser

Posted (edited)

Im moving what i said to the other thread here also.

Things i checked: 1) Any of my accounts that i recently played was blocked?  ------ :  No they were not, im able to login to them, i just cant connect to chat server, hence i cant joing CoN, only public games is available. Also used vpn to manage to login to rap.heroesofnewerth.com and nothing was found there also. To be sure i double checked with a GM inside the game. Account was clean.( I had to check this to be sure before moving to other solutions even though i was sure i didnt do anything to get banned )

2) Does it work with vpn : Yes it does. I can connect normally to chat servers using vpn

3) What happend with your ISP?  :
- I called them early this morning to ask them about this problem. Fortunately the guy was playing also games and understood a lot. Checked thoroughly my ip for blacklisting, or malicious staff,  we made many attempts of enabling some dns, changing some portals etc, nothing came out of this. So we reached to the conclusion that my IP is blocked from HoNs side. 
A last thing we checked was mxtoolbox.com to check if there is anything wrong. only thing we found (and he was seing it also in the system) was a process called 
'nosolicitado''  , which was doing a 'time out' on my ip andress. 
As i have no antivirus on my pc, he suggested me to download a strong antivirus like Kasperksy, and run a full scan. Then sign up at mxtoolbox and ignore this process. He told me that sometimes maybe servers recognise some malicious programs and ban ur ip for that. ( at least that was his last assumption before we close the phone , as he was getting off work and we had to close the phone ^^)

The guy told me to ultimatum solutions: A) Manage to conduct a support tech from HoN to check why is ur ip is being blocked by the server
                                                                                    B) We reestablish a new connection from skrap. Downside of this is that every digital signature, connections to work servers, and many other things, needs to be reestablished ( meaning lots of fuzz).

**  Also what is weird that this thing started appearing periodically the same time for other people too

Edited by doctornik

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, ElementUser said:

Note that the Chat Server was just restarted too, so let us know in this thread if you still have issues after this point (and also post the country you're in if you do).

Still the same. Just checked, 
My country is Cyprus. Its not a regional issue. As using vpn and changing to another provider in my country resolves the issue. Also my internet provider is the same as my mobile phone provider. If i turn 4g on and connnect through hotspot on my pc, the issue is again resolved. So its an ip blockage occuring for some reason

Edited by doctornik

Posted (edited)

I saw Ukraine and Bulgaria.

I want to notice the site rap.heroesofnewerth.com is also not working (ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT).

I can play only public game

Edited by `2000k

Just tried again after the chatserver restart, still the same situation for me. Belgium here.

I have the same problem.I am from Cyprus and i cant join to server either chat server and all my friends are offline..The is problem is from yesterday?What can i do ?Plz help

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, `2000k said:

I saw Ukraine and Bulgaria.

I want to notice the site rap.heroesofnewerth.com is also not working (ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT).

I can play only public game

Try flushing your DNS cache (it may help with the RAP issue).

Search for cmd.exe (if you're on Windows) and run this command:

ipconfig /flushdns

Edited by ElementUser

5 minutes ago, ElementUser said:

Try flushing your DNS cache (it may help with the RAP issue).

Search for cmd.exe (if you're on Windows) and run this command:

did not help

Just now, `2000k said:

did not help

Try pinging rap.heroesofnewerth.com from your console/terminal.

ping rap.heroesofnewerth.com

Alternatively try pinging the server's IP address: 174.37.182.121

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Smilie said:

Try pinging rap.heroesofnewerth.com from your console/terminal.

ping rap.heroesofnewerth.com

Alternatively try pinging the server's IP address: 174.37.182.121

>ping rap.heroesofnewerth.com

Pinging rap.heroesofnewerth.com [174.37.182.121] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 174.37.182.121:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Posted (edited)

Sidenote - RAP website never stopped working for me, first thing I checked was if I maybe had a ban on my account, worked then still works now.

Edited by Syllab

Posted (edited)

-flashed dns, not working
-removed tha process that was showing at my ip andress, at mxtoolbox.com , run full scan and rootkit scan.-    not fixed
-In my humble opinion a faster understanding of the problem is maybe having a direct contact through a channel in discord, so we can provide you our ip andresses, and a manual check to be perfomed, so to see if they are blocked from entering the chat server( as i guess chat server is not associated with hon main server, as we can login, but we cant get through the chat server for some reason)

Edited by doctornik

1 hour ago, ElementUser said:

From this thread:

If you're having trouble connecting to the chat server just recently (since ~24h before this post was made) and still have trouble connecting when you normally don't have trouble connecting to the chat server, please make a post & mention which country you're in.

I having this problem 2 days now. I am from Montenegro and I still cant connect to chat server.

Вообщем я скачал впн и все заработало но впн это не выход покупать

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, `2000k said:

wow, works for me now! game and rap site. someone else?

Managed to login  😄 so happy

Edited by doctornik