Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
uzpakalis

Bring Rift Wars Back!

Why Rift Wars mode is no longer in the game?:/ Public doesnt count, cuz nobody plays it.. Need chill game mode! Bring it back :)

• Like 2

Did you not consider Midwars as chill game? Oh I know,  Midwars is no longer a chill game as its intended purpose to some players. Hope this Rift Wars won't have the same fate as Midwars if this suggestion gets implemented.

Wanna waste the time reading wall of text? Head the link below:

I prefer Blitz Mode on Grimm's Crossing. But yeah  I agree it would be amazing if the third "chill game mode"/map came back.

The major issue is that the average HoN player just wants to play CoN and midwars mainly. Maybe 5% of the games they choose "chill game mode". Some would play that more, most player not at all. This results in higher Queue times there.
In my opinion there could be a possible way to fix this. In the past Frostburn made it possible to play certain modes on weekends only such like PBT :

" - PBT will return to the NAEU International Client for weekends only! "  (patch notes archive)

I think if an option like this comes back for the third game mode, only playable on weekends, people would consider playing it more as they only have one/two days to do so.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, datfizh said:

Did you not consider Midwars as chill game? Oh I know,  Midwars is no longer a chill game as its intended purpose to some players. Hope this Rift Wars won't have the same fate as Midwars if this suggestion gets implemented.

Thats the point, I consider Mid Wars as chill mode, but lots of players care about rank there and so on, so those "chillers" are bad luck for them. And no, Rift wouldnt be the same, cuz there is no rank there, as well there is absolutely different play style and expierence. So.. 

It is available in Public Games as well as all other modes that have come out, such as Capture the Flag, Devo Wars, and the very not well-designed Darkwood Vale.

I'll be hosting them over the next week for fun.

• Like 1

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

On 6/23/2020 at 10:39 PM, Hubaris said:

It is available in Public Games as well as all other modes that have come out, such as Capture the Flag, Devo Wars, and the very not well-designed Darkwood Vale.

I'll be hosting them over the next week for fun.

Maybe you create a chat channel where everyone who wants to play those modes can join. Just call it "Fun" or "Fun mode". I'll join you once you do this 😉

On 6/23/2020 at 4:58 PM, uzpakalis said:

Thats the point, I consider Mid Wars as chill mode, but lots of players care about rank there and so on, so those "chillers" are bad luck for them. And no, Rift wouldnt be the same, cuz there is no rank there, as well there is absolutely different play style and expierence. So.. 

Fair point but I prefer Blitz mode on Grimm's Crossing over Rift Wars as Netzpatron chose. 

Wanna waste the time reading wall of text? Head the link below: