Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

Can't connect to chatserver

Just tested rap-portal. It's working for me.

And I'm also connected to chat for the last couple of hours.

(I'm not saying you're lying, just that it's something specific to you, not everyone)

Edited by Manu311

the game worked yesterday, now not. 

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT  - shows because my ip is blocked.

I can connect to server in game then i turn on vpn program, but its not playable. Maybe you blocked ip branches or...

39 minutes ago, Manu311 said:

Just tested rap-portal. It's working for me.

And I'm also connected to chat for the last couple of hours.

(I'm not saying you're lying, just that it's something specific to you, not everyone)

I logged in without problems for ages and changed nothing to my entire setup, others are suddenly having the same issue apparently, this doesn't exactly sound like the type of issue we can fix on our end.

• Like 1

Encountered same problem here.  Played normally in the afternoon, at night couldnt connect to chat servers (resulting in game to have available only public games) or rap portal. 

I tried to changed vpn, i live in cyprus and changed it to France. Chat server connected , and also i could login to the rap portal once again.
I have a screenshot from todays What you Gots stream, of someone asking in CoN elite chat if they enounter problems with chat servers.
Also i asked around in chats in twich and it seems other people encounter the same problem 
 @ElementUser 

edit: Used vpn on cyprus server(my country), still doesnt connect to chat servers. The provider of internet on vpn i chose is different than the provider i have now installed at home

2nd edit: used vpn again for my country on another provider, chat worked fine. Maybe its indeed a problem in our ISP. 

Edited by doctornik

Pinging me doesn't really do anything to get my attention faster.

If it's getting obvious that it's not a local issue, then you should report it in Bug Reports - it's guaranteed that I'll see the issue in Bug Reports if there is sufficient proof that it's not just happening to just 1-2 players.

I have made a thread regarding this issue: 

Please make posts in that thread to assist us further & follow the instructions in my main post, thanks. Closing this thread.

Edited by ElementUser