Arachna Q Orbwalking

Is there a reason why her orb-walking spell (Q) has 0 cooldown in lvl 1 and 2 ? This mechanic seems to be broken and in DotA (Viper) and even in HoN back in the days I believe the spell used to have 2 seconds cooldown at the first 2 levels.

I dont recall the spell having a cd in the past . Viper also does not have a cd. Its a unique mechanic that was a part of HoN and its  predecessors . Its a unique thing , just learn to play around it. It can be frustrating in 1vs 1, but the heroes that have it are 500 hp heroes.   

Arachna already got a huge nerf, range and mana cost wise. The hero is closer to being no viable atm, rather being OP .

3 hours ago, doctornik said:

The hero is closer to being no viable atm, rather being OP .

?

Arachna still unbeatable in a 1v1 lane. That nerf changes literally nothing.

Q, W and ult still broken. Nothing changed.

I hope u're joking. Hahaha.

26 minutes ago, no_puedo_mas said:

?

Arachna still unbeatable in a 1v1 lane. That nerf changes literally nothing.

Q, W and ult still broken. Nothing changed.

I hope u're joking. Hahaha.

nop im not. And im not going to sit to analyze this; as i see you  have ur opinions and I dont care enough to change the way you think, sorry

Edited by doctornik
4 hours ago, doctornik said:

I dont recall the spell having a cd in the past . Viper also does not have a cd. Its a unique mechanic that was a part of HoN and its  predecessors . Its a unique thing , just learn to play around it. It can be frustrating in 1vs 1, but the heroes that have it are 500 hp heroes.   

Arachna already got a huge nerf, range and mana cost wise. The hero is closer to being no viable atm, rather being OP .

Version 3.7.0

• Arachna Webbed Shot.jpg Webbed Shot
    • Cooldown removed for early levels
    • No longer considered an Attack Modifier

and im 100% sure viper in Dota 1 had also one. You are right though, in Dota 2 right now Viper also has a 0 cooldown on it, but its a whole different meta with the additional skill tree and Heroes having generally more hp and less burst. [e. g. mirana(aka. valk) can leap 3 times in a row - this would be broken in hon]

I agree that Arachna got nerfed, but imo the nerf was being in the wrong direction because that mentioned 0 cooldown was the broken part of her not her range.

Another thing to mention is that Arachna might be a low life hero (like most other agy Heroes). But agy heroes have naturally more armor than other heroes, which is why they SHOULD have low life. Otherwise they would be broken.

Edited by LevelTxen
41 minutes ago, LevelTxen said:

Version 3.7.0

• Arachna Webbed Shot.jpg Webbed Shot
    • Cooldown removed for early levels
    • No longer considered an Attack Modifier

and im 100% sure viper in Dota 1 had also one. You are right though, in Dota 2 right now Viper also has a 0 cooldown on it, but its a whole different meta with the additional skill tree and Heroes having generally more hp and less burst. [e. g. mirana(aka. valk) can leap 3 times in a row - this would be broken in hon]

I agree that Arachna got nerfed, but imo the nerf was being in the wrong direction because that mentioned 0 cooldown was the broken part of her not her range.

Another thing to mention is that Arachna might be a low life hero (like most other agy Heroes). But agy heroes have naturally more armor than other heroes, which is why they SHOULD have low life. Otherwise they would be broken.

also viper in dota 2 has atm:  range- 600/640/680/720      (Talent 700/740/780/820)
Dunno man, imo  arachna is not so hard to face now, and neither was before. Its just needs proper gameplay around her early game. I can see the points you make, but i cant change my opinion. She is still in a good spot now and i like it, rather than before, that she was kinda lost  ( orbwalking was forever on her btw, the buffs she had was on damage aspect)

If you give her  CD on the first 2 levels, she literally get's boxed out by every ranged caster. What nerfs her are the uphill misses. When i play her mid, i literally miss 80% of the uphill attacks with that hero, which makes me ragemaxing E because of madness ?

No tbh, Arach is fine and imo she was strong but not OP before the Nerf. Play heroes like Pyro, SS etc against her and you should rek the lane super easy, even when she maxes W.  I usually pick Tundra against her, because Tundra imo has also a winning Matchup against her. Spam Q to DMG her / farm, use W sometimes to harras her down (with W>Q Combo you literally do 70% on her) and when she tries to box you out, just dodge her and throw Q's on her. On Lvl 6 you literally 1 Shot her with every Single Rune.

Edited by cobaye
  • Like 1

@no_puedo_mas

So i will tell you a story, i started playing HoN since 2016 with no background in Mobas,or any game related to them. When u needed 10 years to become any decent at this game, i needed maybe 1 and a half ? 

If you like stats my main account was warriornik .Reached with solo-queue with this account legendary when i was still a student and had time. Used to be ex SBT member.
    Also reached with other accounts 1780 mmr  pre 4.0 patch, mainly supporting.( half a year after started playing , then patch 4.0.0  got out and rank system changed ).
    Also i almost never play HoN nowadays. Coz despite you , i have a real life and a job, and my student days are over. I only play HoN when my real life friends will log in, so i will log in to play with them. 

Also it doesnt take stats to be able to understand a game. I have seen in these forums 1500-1600 mmr players posting staff super crazy and helpfull. It just needs brain. ✌️

Ending im never gonna answer to any post or reply you make. You are just a person behind a screen.You managed to get my attention this time and only. Enjoy ur time amigo