Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
DesoZaKiddo

Gauntlet, Skills, cooldown and interaction

Infernal Instability

During charge up, kindly disable the skill, just like the stampede of Rampage, than putting it into cooldown.

upon successful hit to enemy hero, the cooldown will be reduce to 6 seconds, otherwise 12 and refund half of mana spent.

increase mana cost to 130

Grapple

reduce cooldown from 20 to 19/18/17/16

skill range change from 725/850/975/1100 to 800/900/1000/1100

if the fist encounters a hero in its path, Gauntlet will move to that hero's location. Upon use of the skill again, no longer has a hotkey to enfeeble, gauntlet will stop moving and the hero is force to gauntlet. If ally, reduce the cooldown by 50%. If enemy, deals damage and a stun and upon using the sub skill, gauntlet and the hero will move to the half of the total range,400/450/500/550.

Gauntlet Blast

no longer stuns the opponent but put them into stasis instead.

This will make gauntlet stronger than before, and more ganky since the hero has short 1st skill cooldown. The change in grapple, will make it more effective especially during sticky situation and helping allies.

12 hours ago, DesoZaKiddo said:

Infernal Instability

During charge up, kindly disable the skill, just like the stampede of Rampage, than putting it into cooldown.

upon successful hit to enemy hero, the cooldown will be reduce to 6 seconds, otherwise 12 and refund half of mana spent.

increase mana cost to 130

Seems like a tweak to me, or more like a nerf. Though, I don't actually know much about how Rampage's Stampede cooldown works. So, I leave my case.

Grapple

reduce cooldown from 20 to 19/18/17/16

skill range change from 725/850/975/1100 to 800/900/1000/1100

if the fist encounters a hero in its path, Gauntlet will move to that hero's location. Upon use of the skill again, no longer has a hotkey to enfeeble, gauntlet will stop moving and the hero is force to gauntlet. If ally, reduce the cooldown by 50%. If enemy, deals damage and a stun and upon using the sub skill, gauntlet and the hero will move to the half of the total range, 400/450/500/550.

I wonder if this proposed Grapple is like skill play (by clicking W button) vs casual play (by clicking E button) from what I read (share similar result). Could be wrong.

No no to cooldown reduction to ally even if it rewards supporting play, because the ability offers positioning, like uh, super positioning (affecting self, ally, and enemy position in one ability, unlike other heroes).

Gauntlet Blast

no longer stuns the opponent but put them into stasis instead.

This will make gauntlet stronger than before, and more ganky since the hero has short 1st skill cooldown. The change in grapple, will make it more effective especially during sticky situation and helping allies.

Is the stasis same as Sapphire's ultimate to enemies? If that is, does Gauntlet Blast have similar effect as Succubus third ability (not really a stun)? Seems like a nerf to me. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Wanna waste the time reading wall of text? Head the link below:

4 hours ago, datfizh said:

Seems like a tweak to me, or more like a nerf

A nerf to the skill if it was used as an escape skill, otherwise, you will see gauntlet punching enemy heroes every 6 seconds. Remains as a 12 sec cd when used in farm tho.

5 hours ago, datfizh said:

I wonder if this proposed Grapple is like skill play (by clicking W button) vs casual play (by clicking E button) from what I read (share similar result). Could be wrong.

Gauntlet's grapple is strong on a + direction but a hit or miss on an X direction, and most of the time its a miss or be in a worst scenario. Why not "paraphrase" Nautilus's, from League of Legends,Dredge Line?

4 hours ago, datfizh said:

Is the stasis same as Sapphire's ultimate to enemies? If that is, does Gauntlet Blast have similar effect as Succubus third ability (not really a stun)? Seems like a nerf to me. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Stasis is like Succubus's mesmerize, without sleep pentalty, yes, as long as you dont attack, the enemy remains disable. To gauntlet, a 1.5 sec of stun is like a hit then yeet. By changing it to stasis, there is a 4 sec window of opportunity, according to the skill, on what to decide next.

Gaunlet is an old hero , that was since forever in HoN. I dont agree reworking him. 

What i only want as a change to him is to have the E- skill shot, to be actually a skill shot again 🙂✌️