Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

You are again stuck on a deserted island...  

20 members have voted

1. 1. You are again stuck on a deserted island...

• Eat Foot
    • Eat Spouse

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Syllab said:

I think that setting a max of 1 creep dominated at a time is more practical and achieves the same result. Ophelia has a limit so the mechanical aspect already exists.

No need to change what's already working. If I did what you said, you can replace the creep any time it dies. "Oh, so add a cooldown" this is what we have now 😛

Edited by ElementUser

Posted (edited)

So would it be insane for Codex to scale like 400 / 550 / 700 / 850 / 1000 instead of just 400 / 500 / 600 / 700 / 800?

Considering the item costs 7000 Gold to fully upgrade, most other items at that cost do far more for far less.

Edited by Hubaris
  • Like 1

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

Question, is the Mystic Illusion Rune buff invisible to enemies? If not, it really needs to be.

Also I was playing a game the other day where one of the enemies AFK'd in well and they refused to kick him, knowing that I wouldn't be able to reset my Ultimate on Goldenveil. Is there any way to get around this at all?

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

Posted (edited)

The main argument for the state to not be hidden (the actual state, or just the VFX) is because of the CD altering property affecting a veteran player's ability to gauge when a hero's ability cycle starts again. If that effect isn't visible, veteran players will be caught off guard by a stun/escape being available 4s later, and it could cost them a hero kill (or more).

Now if people think that's less of an issue than the actual deception part of the illusion rune (which, let's admit, it's more rarely used to good measure than the other facets of the rune), then we can talk about it.

Why not separate the CD reducing effect to another rune? Because it dilutes the rune pool (which is already good as is). Why even have the auxiliary effects in the first place? Because illusion rune was hugely underwhelming compared to the other rune choices. For all intents & purposes, the rune is here to stay because of these reasons.

Refusing to kick a player hurts their own team since they don't reap the bonus items/gold from the AFK player. That's a fine tradeoff & there's nothing we should realistically do for Goldenveil to accommodate such a niche scenario.

Edited by ElementUser

I think in the laning phase the deception part is really relevant. 

Did you ever fix the bug with AFK Timers and TB Ult / SW Ult / Pharaoh Ball hitting them in well.

Related to the EW thread, maybe the wolves could be changed to do half damage or no damage if they hit a target in FOG? I think that is the most annoying part of the hero, just no-skill spam that hits you if you are in such a big range of the enemy. Vision timer could be upped a little to compensate.

20 hours ago, Bersk said:

Related to the EW thread, maybe the wolves could be changed to do half damage or no damage if they hit a target in FOG? I think that is the most annoying part of the hero, just no-skill spam that hits you if you are in such a big range of the enemy. Vision timer could be upped a little to compensate.

Not a bad idea. Your mindset of the changes needed to be done its correct. Dont agree with the no-damage, but the concept behind the nerf in fog seems kinda interesting

ElementUser: Can we get a tracker for Electric Shield's remaining health on the skill itself? In the middle of chaotic fights it's sometimes impossible to tell when Shield is up and how much is remaining on it which causes some pretty devastating doublecasts sometimes (as each cast cripples the next). That and we have one for Nome's now so...

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately not =( we don't have a pip system for the shield bar & we can't dynamically represent the scaling of mana. We can only do shield bars for shields with static max health values like Moraxus.

It's more an issue with how drastic Electrician's shield can scale more than anything else.

Edited by ElementUser

Posted (edited)

Would it be possible to take the mana spent and add them as  Numerical Charges on the skill? As damage is dealt charges are removed? Or even a value on the State like the Nome's Wisdom Overheal?

I'll honestly even settle for some kind of differentiation between Energy Absorption's Sphere and Electric Shield's Sphere.

I get on kicks where I play certain heroes nonstop and it's one of the worst things with Elec.

Edited by Hubaris

any thoughts about old salomon vs new salomon? 
Imo old salomon used to be much more fun, and more skill based than the current one . (Hitting your slashes, popping up your ultimate at the right time)
I never play the hero atm. I find him quite the boring hero. Thas how it feels at least in my mind. 

A few things. Can we consider changing SW's E into something like this:

Each attack gives self and nearby instances of self a charge, at 4 charges gain 50 attack speed and deal 8/12/16/20 extra damage on attacks for 4s then put the skill on cooldown for 20/16/12/8s. Illusions share this ability.

Point is to give flavor and a burst effect with down time instead of a 100% up time effect, which is bland, too ineffective in the early game and has no counter in the late game. In the laning phase SW lacks a whole ability slot and is forced to turtle farm until late game. Which imo kinda exacerbate the either he makes it or he doesn't kind of feeling.

Also how about the old-new prisoner ultimate. I feel like the effect of reducing damage dealt by enemies hit by ult fits the hero more, he wants to stand in the middle of the fight to hit stuff but he's too squishy. Lacking such a sustaining combat tool makes him reliant on burst damage, and that doesn't feel good when you die faster than the enemy you're trying to burst.

3 hours ago, rezziedahl said:

A few things. Can we consider changing SW's E into something like this:

Each attack gives self and nearby instances of self a charge, at 4 charges gain 50 attack speed and deal 8/12/16/20 extra damage on attacks for 4s then put the skill on cooldown for 20/16/12/8s. Illusions share this ability.

Point is to give flavor and a burst effect with down time instead of a 100% up time effect, which is bland, too ineffective in the early game and has no counter in the late game. In the laning phase SW lacks a whole ability slot and is forced to turtle farm until late game. Which imo kinda exacerbate the either he makes it or he doesn't kind of feeling.

Also how about the old-new prisoner ultimate. I feel like the effect of reducing damage dealt by enemies hit by ult fits the hero more, he wants to stand in the middle of the fight to hit stuff but he's too squishy. Lacking such a sustaining combat tool makes him reliant on burst damage, and that doesn't feel good when you die faster than the enemy you're trying to burst.

While I'm not sure where is Prisio situated balanced wise, I wouldnt mind a rebalance to his passive in that sense. Maybe combine part of that ult buff with his old E, going to something like this:

One Man Riot (passive) - Back to 15/20/25/30% Base damage for each of your abilities on cooldown (so he just doesnt get a permanent 30% base damage increase with 1 point in the ability during laning phase)
One Man Riot (active) - Enemies deal 10% less damage to prisioner and an additional 10% for any other enemy hero in the radius. (sinergy with the new passive and allows him to have better chances in the heat of the fight)

On another hand, Im still not sure if he requires a pseudo-hook. Thematically, I really would prefer if heroes were allowed to get closer and dirty to fight against Prisio and punished if they didnt do so, instead of just being hooked right to his side 😛

Edited by Bersk