You are again stuck on a deserted island...  

30 members have voted

1. 1. You are again stuck on a deserted island...

• Eat Foot
    • Eat Spouse

On 12/2/2020 at 7:36 AM, Sorais said:

Merge the servers and problem solved. After all, Zlapped is on record for saying he only learned how broken DR was after he moved to Garena.

I'm allergic to what competitive players say about HoN balance, especially if they haven't been active in the game for years anymore. The breaky/zlapped cast was littered with "I'm not sure how this works because I don't play the game anymore". A lot if not most competitive players have shit for brains balance wise. They're really good at the game, better than me, but they seriously don't know how to think balance. I've said like a year before it happened that engi/pebbs/flux dual mid is horribly overpowered and a 100% lanewinner against anything the comp scene had to offer. I said shadowblade was incredibly strong. All comp players ever did was say "lulw where are your medals" and continued to pick their shit 4 protect 1. And then in hindsight they are always ready to complain about the balance when they "discover" something new. Can we not let a not even just ex comp, but ex-player who doesn't touch the game more than twice / year his opinion put weight in the scales? Of course they only learn about something being strong when it hits them in the face, they were beyond reproach in their own mind to test anything new themselves.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The same poll.... Oh dear.   Oh yeah, the regular Balance/Design subforum rules don't apply in this thread (but the global forum rules still do). You can chat about almost anything you want

Let's rock and roll with Adrenaline. I've suffered enough testing that previous design, time to reap the rewards. Just so it isn't lost on Discord, can we please let Adrenaline cast his W outside

In keeping in the spirit of HoN, I feel like a place for people to have less formal discussion about Balance while still having a place to discuss Balance is required. Sometimes there are discussions

On 2/12/2021 at 12:30 AM, Syllab said:

I'm allergic to what competitive players say about HoN balance, especially if they haven't been active in the game for years anymore. The breaky/zlapped cast was littered with "I'm not sure how this works because I don't play the game anymore". A lot if not most competitive players have shit for brains balance wise. They're really good at the game, better than me, but they seriously don't know how to think balance. I've said like a year before it happened that engi/pebbs/flux dual mid is horribly overpowered and a 100% lanewinner against anything the comp scene had to offer. I said shadowblade was incredibly strong. All comp players ever did was say "lulw where are your medals" and continued to pick their shit 4 protect 1. And then in hindsight they are always ready to complain about the balance when they "discover" something new. Can we not let a not even just ex comp, but ex-player who doesn't touch the game more than twice / year his opinion put weight in the scales? Of course they only learn about something being strong when it hits them in the face, they were beyond reproach in their own mind to test anything new themselves.

You are aware that 1) Zlapped said DR was horribly broken years ago, before he quit and 2) Garena HoN players have been abusing DR since forever, right?

On 12/1/2020 at 9:49 PM, Sorais said:

Can we get a DR nerf again. The hero is incredibly frustrating given how badly he invalidates positioning. It's impossible to position safely and out of initiation range, even if you have PK, because he will always get you; while Pharaoh can do this too DR can actually escape after killing you. Plus DR bursts for a lot more than Pharaoh. It's especially nonsense when he's got a regen rune and can ulti THROUGH your team to do damage while invulnerable.

The bugger's at 57% win rate, #1 among all heroes in Garena, FWIW.

Agreed that DR is quite stronger than average

On 12/1/2020 at 10:32 PM, ElementUser said:

Are you finally at least even a little bit happy that Pebbles got "a nerf"?

For DR, how do you suggest we "nerf him" without removing the flavour that makes the hero unique (i.e. practically a 0 second cooldown blink gated by mana)?

Also, Adrenaline.

Reducing his attack speed bonus from E when casting spell. What makes him strong at the moment is his instantaneous attack speed. His burst is bit too strong even if he goes for survivability items, so DR build will always focus on early survivability and snowballing.

Also, is Zephyr ulti + sotm effect not visually correct? I get damaged even when staying outside the typhoon range.

Edited by Acnowlogia
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2021 at 9:02 PM, Syllab said:

Besides a "he said what I'm saying"-factor, what does anything zlapped has/had to say to do with garena's state of gameplay? 

He was playing on Garena for a while, if you didn't know.

One more thing (and this is directed at EU as well based on what was written the last time he pinged me): remember, we are playing on different maps. Step one to balancing for both regions at the same time is to be playing the same game.