Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
ThaGanjaMan

STANDARD HON GAME

Posted (edited)

Was playing a normal game of Heroes of newerth with my buddies, we got in que without our homie and wanted to remake.
we asked polite first for a normal RMK one of our players left

they refused. as normal. players nowadays think oh amazing free mmr lets do it 4 v 5.
it ended with our leaver coming back with 4 seconds on clock then we turned around and won.
at the end of the game our enemy team " armadon " went a wrote shit like this... 

*censored*    <---- Screenshot of his exakt own words ingame in after match lobby 

Can we get this guy banned or  what Game Masters handle reports right? 

+

Edited by Manu311
censored screenshot with names

Posted (edited)

if this happened in post game lobby, then you can just report him for that game and include this screenshot into report (just paste the link to report description) together with the description of the "incident" and it should be handled. Or you can create a ticket at rap.heroesofnewert.com portal.

But before you send that screenshot, you would probably want to censor your name so that the reporting player dont know who reported him.

And also you should delete that screenshot from your post as calling out players on forum is not allowed and you yourself may end up banned.

Edited by Ceriss

GMs will probably not hand out a screenshot which contains information about who made that report.

Anyways, everything else Ceriss mentioned is correct.
I've edited out your screenshot-link since calling out players, for whatever reason, isn't allowed.

Hello,

What is done outside the game /post game , public channels etc, is not something that regular GMs can handle, it's also something that is not really supposed to be handled by anyone, it is something we decided to do when the abuse is clear and really offensive, everything what is done outside the game (talking about griefing), should always be reported to the SGMs, either via rap help desk or private message, a screenshot of the deed should be enough, there is no need to be censored or anything, just send it as it is, we will not divulge any personal info such as who report it, names etc!

Best,

• Thanks 1

[SGM] — Senior Game Master for Heroes of Newerth

Want to get in touch with an SGM?
Want to appeal your suspension?
 Click Click >
R.A.P helpdesk<

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, `Shattered said:

Hello,

What is done outside the game /post game , public channels etc, is not something that regular GMs can handle, it's also something that is not really supposed to be handled by anyone, it is something we decided to do when the abuse is clear and really offensive, everything what is done outside the game (talking about griefing), should always be reported to the SGMs, either via rap help desk or private message, a screenshot of the deed should be enough, there is no need to be censored or anything, just send it as it is, we will not divulge any personal info such as who report it, names etc!

Best,

When I  a few years ago talked about this with dav (I think it was him), then he sayd that it is ok to send the screenshot of chat abuse in report by using the ingame report system, if the abuse happened in the postgame channel (not in any other channel). But by doing it, he adviced me to censor my name from screenshot because he sayd that if you use the ingame report system, then the reported player will see the report message (and thus the screenshot).

But as this was a few years ago, then this may have changed.

Edited by Ceriss

30 minutes ago, Ceriss said:

he sayd that it is ok to send the screenshot of chat abuse in report by using the ingame report system, if the abuse happened in the postgame channel (not in any other channel

I recall that too.
I don't recall anything about censoring images. But I also don't care if people know I reported them 😇

Yeah, that is correct and I might have misled you a bit, of course you can add a screenshot link to a post-game in your report description,  well the GMs are not really allowed to use other evidence other that in-game chat log in-game behavior etc,  but a screenshot that is related to that particular game can be used by them, they will always ask a senior before doing it, so either way this will be checked by an SGM, 
When doing this, the screenshot link can be seen (automatically)  by the reported if guilty/warned, and he appeals, that's why is not really something official and usually done, so I would censor it if  you care for your identity, on the other hand it is safe to assume that when forward it to an SGM directly the suspension will be manual and will not automatically show the reason when the reported will appeal, and an SGM will have to reply manually, and explain on what was the reason for his suspension, (if he chooses to appeal), we can show him a piece of evidence etc, we will never make our reporter's name available to the reported or to anyone but only the GM team.
Hope that this answers your questions! 

If you still need answers about this topic, just create a new thread on Rap Feedback or please a moderator move this to that sub-forum!

Have good day,

[SGM] — Senior Game Master for Heroes of Newerth

Want to get in touch with an SGM?
Want to appeal your suspension?
 Click Click >
R.A.P helpdesk<