Jump to content

Spellsunder is OP


Recommended Posts

i think Spellsunder needs to be debufffed, it is very overwhelming against HP regen-depended heroes f.e: ra.

spending 10k gold to get heart, shaman and HOBL just to be useless against a slither with a sunder, it makes me absolutely impact-less.

I suggest making it stacks, each spell usages stacks a debuff on the enemy and each stack reduces HP regen by 10% or something until it reaches its normal value.

this way the enemy should focus me with multiple spells to assure the full effect which is my job to do as a tank, to tank ? also maintaining the potential of HP regen items.

i personally wouldn't buy a heart if there is a spellsunder using hero against me

Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion, the biggest issue of spell sunder is that DoT-damage still applies full HP regen negation debuff (-75% iirc). Correct me if i'm wrong.

In case i'm right, I think dot damage should apply a lesser effect of that, exactly like the damage debuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TruLeLiLoLOL said:

In my opinion, the biggest issue of spell sunder is that DoT-damage still applies full HP regen negation debuff (-75% iirc). Correct me if i'm wrong.

In case i'm right, I think dot damage should apply a lesser effect of that, exactly like the damage debuff.

That is fine, the DoT damage is still reduced.

 

https://hon.gamepedia.com/Spell_Sunder

 

Removing the HP Regen like that is fine since that's kinda the point of the item.

Edited by ElementUser
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ElementUser said:

 

 

Removing the HP Regen like that is fine since that's kinda the point of the item.

removing the HP regen is fine, but it is a bit strong , dividing it to 3 stacks will work fine, maintaining the item potential also giving the opponent the chance to consider HP regen items.

or reduce the effect if the magic damage is DoT.

75% is just too much considering the length of the DoT on some heroes

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can kind of see a situation where an expensive item like Behemoth's Heart is countered by a significantly cheaper item.

What would Sunder be like if it reduced health regeneration by a solid number (to a minimum of 0 regen or whatever)?

It would still work to counter such regeneration items but not fully shut it down.

Less interactions like Wingbow and Savage is usually better.

Edited by Hubaris

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The point is also that it's a cheap item providing quite little for an inventory slot. Imagine how good grimoire would be if it had this instead of the searing effect. Lategame you want to be replacing cheapo items such as stormspirit or spellsunder or jade spire by more costly things that provide more like mad mage or sheepstick or grimoire. Spellsunder not being an "endgame" item for most heroes keeps it in check because of the consideration you have to make, do you clear an inventory slot for something that provides a lot more for your hero, or do you keep this item for the sole purpose of countering high HP / high regen heroes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2020 at 5:35 PM, da_sexy`nerd said:

spending 10k gold to get heart, shaman and HOBL just to be useless against a slither with a sunder, it makes me absolutely impact-less.

How about some armor and shrunken?
The only item 100% preferable to get is Barrier Idol. It gives regen, decreases the Spellsunder's debuff duration and reduces magic damage recieved. Slither can cripple your regen even without Spellsunder, so I wouldn't recommend buying anything else you mentioned at all against Slither.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2020 at 9:52 AM, EngineerT said:

How about some armor and shrunken?
The only item 100% preferable to get is Barrier Idol. It gives regen, decreases the Spellsunder's debuff duration and reduces magic damage recieved. Slither can cripple your regen even without Spellsunder, so I wouldn't recommend buying anything else you mentioned at all against Slither.

Totally this. It's like saying 'omfg my Shroud is worthless vs Pesti, pls nerf him'. The reason why  Slither exists is to counter the HP Reg Heroes like Salomon, Arma or Salforis and Sunder is a perfect addition for this.

Imo it's far from being overpowered or broken. Sure it can counter HP reg items, but it's literally giving the Heroes buying it nothing else (the Stats it provides, are really lackluster). Although it's still a super important Item to keep some Hero in checks, otherwise they will explode like Syllab Mentioned. I don't want to think about a freefarming Salomon, when Sunder would be nerfed. Then you can literally never kill him. The Item is that Counterplay Niche and should stay where it is.

 

Edited by cobaye
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
×
×
  • Create New...