Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

HoN crashes when updating

Greetings.

HoN x32 crashes every time it try to update. 

However, if I delete startup.cfg file from "C:\Users\RedBear\Documents\Heroes of Newerth\game" it is updated without any problems.

It really annoys me. Is there any way to solve this problem at the developer level?

Thanks.

5 hours ago, Condomwrap said:

My update has error at 69% in the download...every time. Not trolling, always at 69%.

That's probably a different issue, you should instead open a different thread for it.
And you should probably click on the "more details" button and get error messages.

Coincidentially I'm investigating which files are missing on the update/repair servers, so I can probably tell you if that's "normal" once you tell me which file is not downloading at 69% ? 

• 5 months later...
On 6/9/2020 at 2:17 PM, RedBear said:

HoN x32 crashes every time it try to update. 

However, if I delete startup.cfg file from "C:\Users\RedBear\Documents\Heroes of Newerth\game" it is updated without any problems.

Assuming it doesn't crash with a fresh startup.cfg, I'd keep the new one.  You could copy & paste keybinds over as it's probably not that.

On 6/11/2020 at 5:34 AM, Condomwrap said:

My update has error at 69% in the download...every time. Not trolling, always at 69%.

There are a couple of different updater flaws that can cause this but it's probably a failed update.  In such cases, those files get stuck in Heroes of Newerth x64/Update and the updater can't overwrite them.  So delete the folder.

http://prntscr.com/w00kuo