Jump to content

Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

What would you like to see addressed in Midwars?


Recommended Posts

Lol u have so much S Tier heroes in your Victory List xD

And try to convince me that they are not OP`? xD

Klanx, Calamity, Tarot, Bushwack, MoA, Ichor.

At least your Kill/death rate is showing me that it was not your Skill or Hero that has won that matches.

Well thank you for proofing my point that with these heroes anyone can win by showing everyone this nice list  ?

As u can see on my last games i rarely take one of the heroes i see as S Tier Heroes.
well my MMR is not 2100 like everyone else has it in your world.

F-r-den-Typ.png

Edited by Lifewaster
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd like to see more of the funny old quirks that would last a patch or so. The neutral creeps running through middle was a personal favourite and the snowball boss was pretty fun too.

Handle FoC? There is strange legitimacy of the claim that FoC players and FoC is some kind superior over midwar. From my perspective midwar should be main mode and it is future of moba. I play mw beca

100% true. In FoC u need to wait and fight the boredom and must figure out how not to fall into sleep. In Midwars you need to know the heroes and the skillset and react quickly and with brai

I would say that 2 bans per player will be much better then now. The games 1800+ are always same.. Every player is waiting to pick some OPI hero. I agreed the fun from playing midwars isn't like before. So many people playing for the win and care about the mmr. I think more bans from the start will work better.

p.s. I'm missing the Random pick in Midwars, was fun so i vote for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MiniMishi said:

I would say that 2 bans per player will be much better then now. The games 1800+ are always same.. Every player is waiting to pick some OPI hero. I agreed the fun from playing midwars isn't like before. So many people playing for the win and care about the mmr. I think more bans from the start will work better.

p.s. I'm missing the Random pick in Midwars, was fun so i vote for it.

You already have 2 bans per player in Mid Wars right now

Edited by ElementUser
Link to post
Share on other sites

Might as well have only a single, nameless hero available with the following:

Quote

 

Str 20 + 2 ; Agi 20 + 2 ; Int 20 + 2 ; 300 Movespeed.

Q: Single Target Stun

W: Blink

E: AoE Slow

R: Main stat change + steroid

 

There I balanced Midwars.

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just lost a Midwars game because our Artillerie thought its a good idea to buy 2 Doombringers and feed them directly to Doctor repulsor.

We had 2 Towers destroyed on them and about 30 kills more. Then Dr got the Doombringers and the game was unwinable.

Maybe disable Doombringer from Midwars games. or make it destructable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like Jade Spire to give 250 range, like in Caldavar. Why modify items in Midwars, but not heroes (and offer the explanation regarding learning curve). Make the items the same as Caldavar.

I'd like to see something done about Artilery's 1800-2000 skill range. That thing is too good.

Deadlift has too much survivability, he's too much of a good tank.

Jerezaiah ... I miss the days when this hero was a good support. I just don't like his E, it feels too good.

Edited by Mefer
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2020 at 2:11 AM, Lifewaster said:

Lol u have so much S Tier heroes in your Victory List xD

And try to convince me that they are not OP`? xD

Klanx, Calamity, Tarot, Bushwack, MoA, Ichor.

At least your Kill/death rate is showing me that it was not your Skill or Hero that has won that matches.

Well thank you for proofing my point that with these heroes anyone can win by showing everyone this nice list  ?

As u can see on my last games i rarely take one of the heroes i see as S Tier Heroes.
well my MMR is not 2100 like everyone else has it in your world.

Remember you claimed that "Wow you live in a dreamworld where everyone bans the right heroes, and your team plays perfect so no enemy can reach a high level or get items." That's wrong.

Also when you say "i rarely take one of the heroes i see as S Tier Heroes", I will point out that your perception of what's OP and what isn't OP is off. Bushwack is below average at best. Calamity is average, maybe slightly better than average. Ichor is inferior to other supports. The only heroes on that list I would call very strong are Tarot & MoA, possibly Klanx.

I will pick good heroes when I'm playing against good players. Maybe you won't, but that's part of the reason why you lose. And if you want to play the "I'll ignore all the bad heroes you picked and focus only on the good ones", I'll point out you also picked Artesia, Hammerstorm, Torturer, Moraxus.

If your MW MMR is not 2100 then consider that perhaps getting better at the game is more appropriate than complaining about game balance.

MW should not have 3 bans per player. 2 per player is already borderline too much,. I would prefer something like 1 ban per player, and then a random 5 heroes are banned or something, otherwise might as well remove S tier heroes from the game because they'll never get picked.

Edited by Sorais
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sorais said:

Remember you claimed that "Wow you live in a dreamworld where everyone bans the right heroes, and your team plays perfect so no enemy can reach a high level or get items." That's wrong.

Also when you say "i rarely take one of the heroes i see as S Tier Heroes", I will point out that your perception of what's OP and what isn't OP is off. Bushwack is below average at best. Calamity is average, maybe slightly better than average. Ichor is inferior to other supports. The only heroes on that list I would call very strong are Tarot & MoA, possibly Klanx.

I will pick good heroes when I'm playing against good players. Maybe you won't, but that's part of the reason why you lose. And if you want to play the "I'll ignore all the bad heroes you picked and focus only on the good ones", I'll point out you also picked Artesia, Hammerstorm, Torturer, Moraxus.

If your MW MMR is not 2100 then consider that perhaps getting better at the game is more appropriate than complaining about game balance.

you pick not good heroes agains good players.

You took OP heroes because u believe its you who wins with them.
But in fact ist them that win even with you playing them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lifewaster said:

you pick not good heroes agains good players.

You took OP heroes because u believe its you who wins with them.
But in fact ist them that win even with you playing them.

You're wrong. I pick heroes appropriate to win the game. If opponents are good, and/or I can't tell if my teammates are good, I will (usually) pick a good hero. Hence I have games with Deadwood, Warchief and yes, Bushwack (in that game I 3q'ed against what weren't very good players, then one of the people I queued with went Codex first on Witch Slayer, and one of the two pubs left at the start; won anyway).

I'll also point out that my games end a lot faster than yours on average. Two of the games in that screenshot ended in less than 10 minutes. None of yours did.

Your last sentence doesn't make sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If a bad player leaves its much better then if he sticks because u get more XP and Gold if the player is gone.
Most 4 Vs 5 Games are won by the 4 players because they rise in levels much faster.
Don't know if the same goes for Caldavar but in Midwars this is 100% fact. 

If a game ends in less then 10 seconds the game truly sucked for both sides not just for one.
The time a game tooks says nothing about if its good or bad. some games where one side gets stomped
drags on forever because some people refuse to cc and the enemy has joy in torture them slowly.
 

How will u tell how "good" your enemys will be or not before the game has started? 
by there MMR? 
If your answer is yes, that is truly sad, this MMR thing does not work right and people have all kind of MMR's 
These days a 1700 gets mached up with a 1300 for no reasons, its just not working right.
the only purpose left is for kids to think they are the best because of a high MMR when in fact it says nothing about
there skills. Ife seen a 1890 Midwars MMR player playing with Witchslayer getting a Portal Key because he truly belived
this is necessary when in fact its not, and it just wastes a place in his inventory for a item he does not need.
and in the end we lost, because he never used his spells right, and had no sheepstick. 
 

And this are 1890 MMR's in midwars, while i can make 40 Kills with magebane in Midwars, win and still be 1350 MMR

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey devs, lets add some statistics at the end of the game with the voting for MVP. I would like to see a ranking from best player to worst player on stats like:

- damage dealt

- damage taken

- damage healed

- gold per minute

- k/d/a ratio

 

And maybe some other stats that would be interesting to view. 

 

Also, I hate that my profile only shows forest of calvadar score, why not just make it a midwars score? I only play midwars and never the FoC, please make midwars equal in this regard.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well nice that u make changes, but the Token of sight regenerates u change sounds a bit weird.
 

Well anyway nice that u do make changes, even if this changes will not solve even one of the problems in any way

Edited by Lifewaster
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2020 at 4:05 AM, Lifewaster said:

If a bad player leaves its much better then if he sticks because u get more XP and Gold if the player is gone.
Most 4 Vs 5 Games are won by the 4 players because they rise in levels much faster.
Don't know if the same goes for Caldavar but in Midwars this is 100% fact. 

If a game ends in less then 10 seconds the game truly sucked for both sides not just for one.
The time a game tooks says nothing about if its good or bad. some games where one side gets stomped
drags on forever because some people refuse to cc and the enemy has joy in torture them slowly.
 

How will u tell how "good" your enemys will be or not before the game has started? 
by there MMR? 
If your answer is yes, that is truly sad, this MMR thing does not work right and people have all kind of MMR's 
These days a 1700 gets mached up with a 1300 for no reasons, its just not working right.
the only purpose left is for kids to think they are the best because of a high MMR when in fact it says nothing about
there skills. Ife seen a 1890 Midwars MMR player playing with Witchslayer getting a Portal Key because he truly belived
this is necessary when in fact its not, and it just wastes a place in his inventory for a item he does not need.
and in the end we lost, because he never used his spells right, and had no sheepstick. 
 

And this are 1890 MMR's in midwars, while i can make 40 Kills with magebane in Midwars, win and still be 1350 MMR

Most 4v5 games are won by the side with 5 players. You can try to claim it's 100% fact that the reverse is true, but you'd be wrong. Don't believe me, find some buddies and try playing 4v5 against me.

Games never end in 10 seconds. Creeps wouldn't even have spawned then. If you mean 10 minutes then it happens much more often, at least when I am group queuing. My games don't usually drag on forever either, because I will end the game if I'm winning and not defend if it's clear the opponents are refusing to end.

I tell how good my opponents are based on their MMR. You might say it's sad and not illustrative or whatever, fact remains that 1900s are significantly better than 1700s on average. For example there are 1700 players who don't start with Battery (??) while I don't see that at 1900 level, etc. If I queue into five 1700s I don't have to pick very hard to win because the skill advantage is substantial. It's a lot less substantial at 1900 level. 

PK is good on Witch Slayer. That's not to say that you should always get it, but it's often the case that PK is a lifesaver (e.g. if there's a hero like Flint/Artillery doing glass build) and can force them to play differently even without being used. I suspect you are simply not aware of what the item is doing, because it's something you need to know what to look for in order to see its effects.

If you're making 40 kills with Magebane in MW, you deserve to be 1350 MMR, because that it's not something that will ever happen at high level. (This doesn't mean Magebane is unplayable at high level, but he will not be scoring 40 kills.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah i get it, you are the best, your games are always ultra balanced and you alone can win against 5 players in less then 10 minutes.
Even if your own List of played games shows you are not that big of a deal u might think u are.
 

But some of us are normal players, we don't have the luck to have the best HoN players on the world in our team
every game and we are not 2100 MMR masters. 
 

Nice to see that a player that does 40 Kills in Midwars with a Hero that is viewed as flawed and bad in Midwars 
is a bad player that deserves a low ranking. 
 

Man u must be the hottest shit ever in this game, maybe we have the luck to play a game together or against each other
in Midwars one day so i can learn from your skill and knowledge of every item and hero in the game.

...or maybe you get a glance at whats really going on in the normal world....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to chime in to say the name of the above poster is accurate. He just wasted precious time from anyone reading this thread. Maybe, just maybe, you should take your egocentric e-penis flailing to private messages. Thank you.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Yikes that kinda killed the mood.  Let's recognize MsMia's 16 game win streak in high 1800's Midwars, many of which were solo queue.  I'm so proud!

z5zYqID.png

  • Like 1

Toxicity breeds toxicity.  Break the cycle.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...