Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
NubbyMcNub

What would you like to see addressed in Midwars?

Patch notes have been released: 

You can talk about changes to Mid Wars here if you'd like (or in the other 4.8.5 discussion thread).

• Like 2

About mid wars. Maybe they could get all to lvl 25 after a certain amount of time, and the main structure get to the decay status which allows the game to end really quick instead of 30 min or 50 min games. About the BD if someone tries to do it unless there is a creep around any damage done heals the main structure.

Just an idea (I don't want all of these ideas to be applied to the game, I just want the HoN team to get some inspiration of these)

1 hour ago, Garhunt said:

About mid wars. Maybe they could get all to lvl 25 after a certain amount of time, and the main structure get to the decay status which allows the game to end really quick instead of 30 min or 50 min games. About the BD if someone tries to do it unless there is a creep around any damage done heals the main structure.

Just an idea (I don't want all of these ideas to be applied to the game, I just want the HoN team to get some inspiration of these)

No, no and no.

We tried that in Mid Wars Beta & people hated it because the game end condition is artificial & feels anti-climatic.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Changes are great so far.  Thanks to Elementuser and the other devs.

Games are shorter, averaging 18 mins here!  Down from about 23 mins.  Incidentally, not a single game over 42mins in my entire (accessible) game history, which is pure MW.  Yes it does happen, just not very often.

There's no apparent need to hold back, no undue comebacks.  The death timer changes allow for some comeback potential.  I'm fine with it or it could be stronger if that's what the community wants.  Don't see a need for gold boost really, nor boosting T1 health.

Laughed at a Chronos trying to backdoor.  He got the T2 tower.  Tower needs BD protection as well.  I suspect it can be bumped up a lot as people complaining about long games are clearly exaggerating.

Camping T1 is still a thing.  Think its damage should be reduced, or it runs out of ammo as I suggested.

Remaining changes I asked for are harder:

• Games are still lost not won @1700 and below.  Putting net GPM in post-game lobby is the easiest solution and the one that keeps the mode 'competitive'.
  • Also, whilst I think some progress has been made, heroes are still very imbalanced. This requires a player/community-based balancing team.
Edited by NubbyMcNub

Best games are when you fight for 40 min you have taken t2 but enemy is able to fight back. Comebacks are the best on midwar. You can't take only winner view on game. Balancing game to give opportunities for weaker team is better than boosting stronger team on river.

Game will be flat when this will be only about t1 push. I can't support this change. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, ElementUser said:

No, no and no.

We tried that in Mid Wars Beta & people hated it because the game end condition is artificial & feels anti-climatic.

Wow I wasn't expecting that, another idea I had was adding some buffs on the right side of legion jungle in mid wars, most of the time anyone gets there, (near the boss) or some canons as seen in songrank update a while ago. 

(Sorry for my atrocious idea xD)

Posted (edited)

I'd have to much to say, i just have one question @ElementUser, how much more people are playing the actual map of midwars in comparison to bridgewars map ? 

I was in love with bridgewars and I cannot play this map at all. 

Edited by Ardoise

All ppl I play with were saying same thing... bridgewar was bad as hell. Port spam skills die, port die, port die. Ppl were not playing bridgewar. Player base shrunk after 2 weeks so badly that they revert old mw... 

Posted (edited)

The shortened AFK timer is just rediculously stupid, I just got kicked by team being support because I was standing back by tower and not moving around much, you legit have to constantly be moving or face getting kicked by your trolling team. Stupid  as shit, the hon Balance team failed hard with the last update

And now I'm banned from matchmaking for an entire day. WTF is this bullshit

Edited by specimen420

I want a graphics overhaul for Mid Wars.

Caldavar Map has better Textures, high resolution I also believe.

I want Caldavar textures and assets copied over to Mid Wars

I also want a new skins I want the return of HoN to the glory days. Why can't Lord Elon Musk save us? I am going to spam his Twitter until he decides to help. It's worth a shot, will let you all know how it goes

On 8/3/2020 at 6:26 PM, specimen420 said:

The shortened AFK timer is just rediculously stupid, I just got kicked by team being support because I was standing back by tower and not moving around much, you legit have to constantly be moving or face getting kicked by your trolling team. Stupid  as shit, the hon Balance team failed hard with the last update

And now I'm banned from matchmaking for an entire day. WTF is this bullshit

You're standing around the tower for 2.5 minutes doing nothing? You do have a "different" way of playing 

• Like 1

Only played a couple of games post-patch, but lol @ the irony in "This also allows these heroes more variety of creeps they can take control of in the early game, though the Ancient creep has to be cleared (or the camp needs to be stacked) for them to spawn more neutral creeps they can take control of in the early game." Ophelia/Parasite cannot clear ancients on their own this early, so they need to bring their team, and their team will need to use spells, which means the other team has an easy initiation.

Upshot: Ophelia/Parasite actually got worse. I suspect both heroes are legitimate unviable now if they get their jungling skills, i.e. the best way to play both heroes are as bad nukers. RIP.

That said, I'm not completely critical because it does seem like the idea behind it is working. Just say a prayer for Ophelia & Parasite as collateral damage.

Im not sure about valid ratio of experience gaining if team has 4 players than 5. Sometimes playing as 4 is better because levels incremental benefits more, even if score of both teams is equal. 4 players with 3 or 4 more levels take down 5 players team really easy. Now... when kick time is shorter it's even easier...  exp incremental for 4 players seems punishment for 5 players team. 

Another question speaking of the devil... what happens with experience during death time penalty? If it's not rising... we got 2 punishments on losing T1 T2 team. Extended death penalty time and passive experience. This comes for me to conclusion that, for now, game is more intense because both teams want to take down T1 asap which is good but on the other side chance for comeback is lower which is bad...

Edited by VaYha

4 hours ago, VaYha said:

Im not sure about valid ratio of experience gaining if team has 4 players than 5. Sometimes playing as 4 is better because levels incremental benefits more, even if score of both teams is equal. 4 players with 3 or 4 more levels take down 5 players team really easy. Now... when kick time is shorter it's even easier...  exp incremental for 4 players seems punishment for 5 players team. 

But you lose 4 hero spells, 6 item slots, attack dmg and a target for the other team.