Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
ozilla

Engineer Ultimate Effect QoL and Staff Proposal

Hi there! I posted this in a different forum for "Staff suggestions" but a due to congestion and the possibility of it being lost to the clutter, a suggestion by Hubaris was made to add it here.

Engineer: This should be done as a QoL: I think the Ultimate should spread over the center (over 0.5-1 seconds) which would make sense as a "generated electric field" should come from a source.

Staff of the master effect would "Electric Boogaloo" - Ultimate is now a throwable tool (similar to mines, keg, and turret) of 500 range, Deals slightly more damage (maybe even a % of max health?) and when destroyed the electric field shrinks back into the center, dealing one more instance of damage to any enemies who have not walked out. At the end of the day Engi is classified as a support and not an initiator or ganker, so this would allow that same application without forcing engi to throw away his life or always spend on PKs for positioning.

As an added comment to ElementUser about his criteria for "does it have new visuals"- We already have a spreading electrical circle in the form of Corrupted deciiple which im sure could be tweaked (and slowed) to allow engi to adapt parts of its code. No need to rewrite anything. 

Thoughts?  

I'm not too sure how to properly add this as a quote, but the link to the discussion is https://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/index.php?/topic/459-staff-of-the-master-suggestions-thread/page/2/&tab=comments#comment-3520

TLDR:

1. As an electrical gadget that propagates electricity from a central point, makes sense for its initial placement to act like CD's Q or Frostfield plate, propogating said electric field from the center.

2. All of engineers creations (sans ulti) are Thrown Gadgets, Ultimate makes sense to be one as well (even as a short throw *Upgraded/2.0* version). 

3. Staff Ultimate effect would allow the above changes, not make Engineer differ much from his current form, and still become a change that would fit well with his character and players seeking a little more usage from our inventive little guy. This change could also encourage an Engi player to fit better to his support role as well by giving him the option to invest into the Upgraded staff, helping his team further. 

Thanks for your input! 

• Thanks 1

I like the suggestion. Wish it got implemented in the game. No further discussion for me at moment, just want to bump it up so everyone could read it.

• Thanks 1

I like the SOTM effect.  The vanilla effect would be a major buff.

I'm not sure why Engi was reverted as opposed to nerfed.  Having carry potential made him much more interesting to play.

• Thanks 1

As I said I like it.

The AoE Purge/Perplex/Silence from the expanding circle is super unique and could be critical in winning a fight.

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

Please post in English only and you don't need to bump threads, ElementUser looks at all the threads anyways.

Just focus on the suggestion and argumentation about it.
To make this thread a bit more readable, I have removed all the unrelated posts.