Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

I started playing HoN again around 1 month ago. So im not a pro. I like the game, and just want to have a decent time when playing.
But there is so many toxic players in this game. And i dont get, why there is no consequences. Some of my fried who played HoN where trying it out again after 1-2 year break. But after 4-5 games dident care about the game because people where toxic. My last game some idiot was talking about we should CC or go kill our self, and some stupid racist stuff. And 2  teammates left the game. not a descent time IMO. 
love the HoN reborn and hopes it will help to a better community. But atm its broke...
I fell like every time i report a player its just CBA from staff. 

Just need to get all of my rage out. 
Hope the game will go on for a lot more years, and the player base will grow again. 

I recently switched back to Heroes of Newerth after playing Dota 2 for a couple of years,  My gaming experience in HoN has been so much nicer than Dota 2 ever was.  For reference, my MMR is around 1600.

Yes there are arseholes but that is inevitable no matter which online game you play.

Heroes of Newerth has a Report a Player system where you can actually see the results of every player that you have reported.  And reports I make are usually reviewed within 12 hours at most.   rap.heroesofnewerth.com

If someone is being racist or wishing suicide upon you then just report them for chat abuse and make sure you get someone else to do the same - I can say with full confidence that they will be punished.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Clear racism is an automatic ban.  Doesn't even need corroboration. because they can read the chatlogs without going into the replay.  Note the time when it happens and just report them.

Edited by NubbyMcNub

and if you think banning works, explain how today alone i've made 12 accounts every time some retard rage reports me and i can just spam a new account. i can join any midwars game and leave all of them. i did that all this weekend. i found my new shittalking home :)

Posted (edited)

I have not played mid wars for a few years but I remember back in the good ol' days it had a hidden MMR,  so if you played mostly with friends and didn't throw games yourself then you should be able to steer clear of throwaway accounts.

In normal ranked, I am a couple of games short of 1700 and I don't see many intentional griefers at all - maybe one game in 10 has someone intentionally feeding, selling off their items or dodging the AFK flag.  I have not had to report many people for chat abuse either.

There are of course people whining saying "cc 15" or people arguing over lanes quite often but that is inevitable in any team game that puts 5 strangers together and expects them to cooporate.

At the moment I play HoN everyday,  usually at least 4 or 5 matches a day (Corona lockdown).  Taking that in to account,  here are the reports I have had to make in the last 2 weeks.  Not many at all.

Reports.png

Edited by RitchUK

3 hours ago, fjrufjru said:

and if you think banning works, explain how today alone i've made 12 accounts every time some retard rage reports me and i can just spam a new account. i can join any midwars game and leave all of them. i did that all this weekend. i found my new shittalking home 🙂

Hello,

Just because you were able to make accounts and grief, “until now”, it doesn't mean that the system does not work, maybe you were not reported, no one looked into your account to see that you created accounts to break the rules and walk free! We are a small group trying our best, so we can't just handle it instantly, might take some time, but we always prevail!
Anyways, thanks for letting us know about your “adventures” 😄

Cheers,

• Like 1

[SGM] — Senior Game Master for Heroes of Newerth

Want to get in touch with an SGM?
Want to appeal your suspension?
 Click Click >
R.A.P helpdesk<

15 minutes ago, `Shattered said:

Hello,

Just because you were able to make accounts and grief, “until now”, it doesn't mean that the system does not work, maybe you were not reported, no one looked into your account to see that you created accounts to break the rules and walk free! We are a small group trying our best, so we can't just handle it instantly, might take some time, but we always prevail!
Anyways, thanks for letting us know about your “adventures” 😄

Cheers,

whatever makes you feel better about that failure