Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
titianuranus

Bring back Single draft and random to Champions of Newerth

any chance this could come back?  We see just about the same hero's every single game.  I love the game but i think this could return some spice to the game that is seems to be lacking

thanks

Posted (edited)

Pet peeve, I wish random gold were back. 😞

And while i'd appreciate Single Draft being back in TMM for FoC, i'd appreciate our "old" map being an option while queuing it. 
Y'know, just having both maps avaiable. Could always just thumbs up whichever modes/map you'd want for this.

Edited by xtinker

I like SD and AR way more than AP, because you don't see the same heroes every single game. But actually you have soooooo many players now only playing a Single Role, or only playing 3-4 diffrent Heroes in total, that readding both of these would resolve in MANY ragequits and disconnects. Sadly, they have to be gone forever in CoN.

Diamont I/II - single draft

Legendray/Immortal - all random

if, they stay true to their ranks and skills. then, a little deprive to All Pick won't bother them so, yes?

14 hours ago, DesoZaKiddo said:

Diamond I/II - single draft

Legendary/Immortal - all random

if, they stay true to their ranks and skills. then, a little deprive to All Pick won't bother them so, yes?

No. It would only makes smurfs have their reason to smurf, I guess.

This thread below is still updating, just keep in touch to it:

On 6/4/2020 at 10:09 PM, MerryHONmas said:

AR and SD are way too imbalanced, not a chance in hell they are gonna make it back into CoN.

I only played AR/BR when it was a thing - and mostly solo. I never queued AP and extremely rarely SD.
For years I have been between 1670 and 1700. With an average of probably 5+ games a day.
How is that not balanced? 😉

I guess I see your point: Those modes have an additional random-factor which makes individual games slightly less equal since you could worse heroes and your opponents better ones.
However "random" isn't the opposite of "balanced", it just creates a bit of fluctuance in it. Each team might get a small advantage, but you never know which team it's gonna be and there's a 50:50 chance. So perfectly balanced overall.

Imho AR is even more balanced for public games than AP. The reason for that is: You need to know and maybe sacrifice your hero-choice for a better draft. If you got a lot of people picking carry - this is your chance to make the difference by picking the support even if you can't play it.
Of course you can also do that in AP matches, but you need to know only a single support to do it in that game mode. In AR that might be the chance to make a difference.

The issue with AR was that all too often people ended up with heroes such as Ophelia they could not even remotely play. Which was particularly troublesome if the team had randomed three more junglers.
Or worse, 4 ultra squishy supports vs 4 damage heavy offtanks.
Which, unless I misremember, was one of the main arguments formed when the mode was removed from TMM.

SD had a similar issue with potentially overloading a team in a direction that was simply not feasible to play out properly. But I don't have much input on that.

The thing is, these modes are still availlable for public games so if you really WANT to play it, create a public game in order to do so.
I personally don't see why such modes should coexist in TMM ranked matches, unless there are separate ranks applied just specifically for those modes.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, MerryHONmas said:

The issue with AR was that all too often people ended up with heroes such as Ophelia they could not even remotely play. Which was particularly troublesome if the team had randomed three more junglers.
Or worse, 4 ultra squishy supports vs 4 damage heavy offtanks.
Which, unless I misremember, was one of the main arguments formed when the mode was removed from TMM.

It wasn't. Those things happened in AR - but AR got replaced by BR a couple of years before it got removed.
That guaranteed at least a solo-hero, a support-hero and a carry-hero (iirc). Since that depended on the ingame-categories, that wasn't perfect. But I don't recall a game of BR where something like that happened.
And of course you can always repick, which was a game changer more than ones. (And also "fun" when you repicked Ophelia into Ophelia 😄).

30 minutes ago, MerryHONmas said:

The thing is, these modes are still availlable for public games so if you really WANT to play it, create a public game in order to do so.

The problem is, I want to play those (also) because for me they felt way more balanced (playerwise) than picking modes. And I will never get that in Public Matches.

Edited by Manu311
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Manu311 said:

It wasn't. Those things happened in AR - but AR got replaced by BR a couple of years before it got removed.
That guaranteed at least a solo-hero, a support-hero and a carry-hero (iirc). Since that depended on the ingame-categories, that wasn't perfect. But I don't recall a game of BR where something like that happened.
And of course you can always repick, which was a game changer more than ones. (And also "fun" when you repicked Ophelia into Ophelia 😄).

that's literally what i said, they happened in AR... i am confused why you confirm what i wrote and simultaneously try to contradict it ?!? ._.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, MerryHONmas said:

that's literally what i said, they happened in AR... i am confused why you confirm what i wrote and simultaneously try to contradict it ?!? ._.

My "it wasn't" was relating to the reason why AR was removed. I might have misunderstood you if you were referring to the moment AR was replaced by BR and not the moment BR was simply removed.