Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
Zerkul

Patch 4.8.4 discussion thread

I would like to leave my feedback and some suggestions for the rework of nitro.
Q: I believe that this ability could be your passive, of course your damage or shrapnel amount would be adjusted, as it will no longer have a cost to cast.
My suggestion for the new Q: For the hero's design, I would like to have a long-range shot causing some debuff for the opposing hero. Stun or Slow. something similar that we have with alchemist in dota 2 with his skill "Unstable Concoction". Nitro charges his bazooka for 5 sec, every second his skill gains range and duration of the debuff effect.

Posted (edited)

Regarding Balphagore new staff boost, the boost shouldn't reduce the cooldown of the ability innately.

On 6/3/2020 at 7:02 PM, igorkaka said:

I would like to leave my feedback and some suggestions for the rework of nitro.
Q: I believe that this ability could be your passive, of course your damage or shrapnel amount would be adjusted, as it will no longer have a cost to cast.
My suggestion for the new Q: For the hero's design, I would like to have a long-range shot causing some debuff for the opposing hero. Stun or Slow. something similar that we have with alchemist in dota 2 with his skill "Unstable Concoction". Nitro charges his bazooka for 5 sec, every second his skill gains range and duration of the debuff effect.

Disagree with the Q ability as passive, because it currently has orb-walking effect.

For your suggestion about 'Unstable Concoction'-like ability, will it have side-effect? If we look for charged-up ability like Lodestone in HoN itself for instance, he gets his side-effect.

Edited by datfizh
Edit because why not?

Wanna waste the time reading wall of text? Head the link below:

I really dont like new geomancers E its close to useless why i t was changed? Geo was one of the anti invis hero but now he sucks, that ticks are too slow, maybe 1s tick max or just revert.

1 minute ago, Najter said:

I really dont like new geomancers E its close to useless why i t was changed? Geo was one of the anti invis hero but now he sucks, that ticks are too slow, maybe 1s tick max or just revert.

He was not just an anti-invis hero tbh.. He was an anti-FoW hero which you had 0 counterplay against. Even smoked heroes gets detected by that spell, and having it continuously doing so was too strong

4 hours ago, TruLeLiLoLOL said:

He was an anti-FoW hero which you had 0 counterplay against.

why not FB made the hero be detect by enemies in range of 1200units when moving thru fog, at least we can agree to that?

6 hours ago, TruLeLiLoLOL said:

He was not just an anti-invis hero tbh.. He was an anti-FoW hero which you had 0 counterplay against. Even smoked heroes gets detected by that spell, and having it continuously doing so was too strong

There was counterplay, you just didn't have to move.

If anything right now there is no Counterplay, every 3 seconds he sees you.

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

Posted (edited)

Regarding Nitro: 

I think that we should remove the ”arachna” mechanic on her q where you can harras without getting creep or tower agro. I would also change the ulti so that you get tower agro from towers. If we remove these things It would be easier to buff the numbers on the hero to make her more balanced in all brackets/games. Right now she destroys mele heroes in lane but is pretty week overall. 

Edited by iamdalle
  • Sad 1

@ElementUser, question.

There are currently four avatars in the store on the Specials Page. Each of them has its own individual discount. Logically, now during HoNiversary event period they should have a double discount (their individual + 25%). But now the 25% discount does not work for them. Can fix this?

Posted (edited)

Whats the point of the new "6 heros to be banned before game" mode in CoN?

I have a favorite hero I like to play, so do most players and tonight I played 9 games and 9/9 of games I couldnt  pick it, because people banned it, not because its an op hero, but because its my most picked hero.

The point of banning heros before a game are

a) in a competive setting to avoid OP combos and increase tactical finesse of the game -> does not apply to TMM, people pick what they want

b) to ban out obviously overpowered heros. This does sometimes apply to tmm, but there were never 6 heros at a time that were OP.

So my point being, by increasing the numbers of bans the only thing it accomplishes is that more people are restricted to play their favorite.

Has anyone ever complained about how there not enough bans?

Edited by SirGaribaldi

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, SirGaribaldi said:

Whats the point of the new "6 heros to be banned before game" mode in CoN?

I have a favorite hero I like to play, so do most players I supposed and tonight I played 9 games and 9/9 of games I couldnt not pick it, because people banned, not because its an op hero, but because its my most picked hero.

The point of banning heros before a game are

a) in a competive setting to avoid OP combos and increase tactical finesse of the game -> does not apply to TMM, people pick what they want

b) to ban out obviously overpowred heros. This does sometimes apply to tmm, but there were never 6 heros at a time that were OP.

So my point being, by increasing the numbers of bans, the only thing it accomplish that more people are restricted to play their favorite.

That's a legitimate drafting strategy, and it also encourages players not to be one-trick hero players & learn a few heroes in each role. If you choose to deny the opponent's best player of their best hero, it is a meaningful factor & draft decision to be made (at the cost of allowing other heroes to be available).

Edited by ElementUser
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

But a TMM is not a competitive game, where a team makesan informed decisions together. People are grief banning heros other people like to play. When was the last time someone wrote in chat "hey team, lets ban all counter-pusher and then pick a pushing laneup"? never happened, will never happen.

all there is people spamming "ban BH", when fiend or foe likes to play BH. So it promotes griefing and has no real value.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Edited by SirGaribaldi

LoL is 2k20, whats up with these complaints. 139 heroes at HoN, 6 banned, 133 left, and you cant choose?  PepoThink

I'm strongly disliking the ward change right now - it means there are a lot of common ward spot pairs which one counterward cannot catch. Using two rev wards is just inefficient, and buying a flying courier is expensive. 

Otherwise change to Shadowbade is -_-, Plated Greaves & Astrolabe nerfs are good, Kane SotM effect is almost a nerf (i.e. no point getting it), Nitro rework is much needed but haven't played with her yet, Balphagore staff is very strong, Chronos nerf is good, and Andro might be overnerfed but we'll see.

1 hour ago, Sorais said:

I'm strongly disliking the ward change right now - it means there are a lot of common ward spot pairs which one counterward cannot catch. Using two rev wards is just inefficient, and buying a flying courier is expensive. 

Otherwise change to Shadowbade is -_-, Plated Greaves & Astrolabe nerfs are good, Kane SotM effect is almost a nerf (i.e. no point getting it), Nitro rework is much needed but haven't played with her yet, Balphagore staff is very strong, Chronos nerf is good, and Andro might be overnerfed but we'll see.

I have mixed feelings regarding the new dewarding process. while on one hand it is true that currently dewarding can be a hell of a pain, on the other hand alot of heroes have abilities that grant (temporary) vision around an area.

If this change is kept around may we decrease revwards cost from 100 to 75 gold in order to make up for (not even that rare) cases where two revwards need to be purchased in order to counter one ward that can be in different positions?
Also kindly increase the amount of revwards from 6 to 8 and slightly reduce their refreshrate as rn if you are playing proper support the total amount of revwards needed to compete for map vision has increased due to altered mechanics. i feel like that last part was overlooked when that change was introduced.

Not every hero has abilities that grant temporary vision - and even among those that do, not every one has an ability that lasts long enough to kill the ward. So yeah, I dislike it.

Also Nitro is hilariously useless lol. She's supposed to be a carry, yet the only ability that helps her carry is her ultimate and it's not even a good ultimate since it relies on her being able to attack. There's another carry with an ultimate that doubles as a nuke, aka. Puppet Master, and that one is way better than Nitro ultimate. I don't understand her Q which does like no damage even if people walk over them, her W is OK but by pushing the enemy away she's also making it harder for her to DPS, and her E is just not very useful at all in a fight. I picked her once in MW and have absolutely no intention of doing it again.

What happened to the 7x Silver Coin Multiplier? Today in mode "Mid wars" give 12 silver...

1 hour ago, Im_Near said:

What happened to the 7x Silver Coin Multiplier? Today in mode "Mid wars" give 12 silver...

The event was scheduled to finish today, idk about the timezone difference tho

2 hours ago, TruLeLiLoLOL said:

The event was scheduled to finish today, idk about the timezone difference tho

Yes. Today was supposed to be the last day the event is running. But for some reason there is already no bonus silver...

On 6/23/2020 at 12:33 AM, MerryHONmas said:

If this change is kept around may we decrease revwards cost from 100 to 75 gold in order to make up for (not even that rare) cases where two revwards need to be purchased in order to counter one ward that can be in different positions?

I on the other hand disliked that you were almost guaranteed to deward any spot and gain 50g reward for doing it.

Atleast now you need to be aware when and where enemy might ward to be able to counter it successfully. 

And your 75g rev ward seems plain weird. You would be able to counter any ward 100% and break even gold wise.