Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
Zerkul

Patch 4.8.4 discussion thread

17 hours ago, TobakaZ said:

I mean you have to hit them to reveal them so your logic of heroes now suddenly being able to kill you from invis is flawed.

Where is the flawed logic in that? Kindly, read the nerf on bushwack again. Maybe, am blind that FB removed the part on which, i dont know, the free sight and reveal when hit by toxin. There is more than one hero which can kill Bushwack from the invis + Assassin Shroud/Genjuro.

Again nothing for Engineer staff?

How about even making his ult "Spread out from center" upon casting guaranteeing every enemy in the circle takes one hit. 

Makes sense when you think about it being an electrical field that needs to be "set up"?

On 5/29/2020 at 8:06 PM, ElementUser said:

One issue with the perspective you guys are looking at is that it's the amount of gold required to make the item as good as it was before. It was too good before.

Keep in mind that if you only have 2150 Gold (as opposed to 2575), you get the benefits of the item earlier & upgrading the item isn't as big of a leap per upgrade. There's a benefit to getting the item completed earlier as that means you reap its benefits earlier, which can propel you to farm the rest of the item faster. There is also the option of just reaping the base benefits without upgrading the item to completion, etc.

Tbf i think the item changes in spellshards is a Nerf in it self. As for the cost of the item: i agree with the new cost. U can choose to get a Quick lvl 1 shard. 

However, spellshards is a "battle item" and the arcana was awesome for it! 

10 hours ago, haradon said:

I get what u are trying to say but i personally prefer if there is a hero that can output a lot of damage then it should have a major disadvantage and in Qi's case its his low suvivability. Like seriously every game i played good with Qi, the enemy team RIGHTLY focused me before each fight. I agree that it can output major damage to carry (erases hammer storm from the map) but was it really outputting that much damage to non-carry heroes?

Suppose a support with 150 damage mid game, previous patch Qi's ulti will do about 725 superior magic damage (not that huge of a burst compared to dampeer boi), it does seem a lot of damage BUT think about it in a fight situation, the enemy team knows they shouldn't stand close to each other or they don't say 'hey lets walk in a straight line for lols' ( unless its a combo with tempest etc which is totally an other thing ). Why would someone playing Qi would focus a non-carry hero or say by chance Qi can manage to land ulti on say 3 heroes but why would that even happen if the enemy team is aware that Qi is a serious threat and is easily countered with items or heroes or jump on him, its too easy to kill/shutdown Qi. Its potential lies within focusing the carry and i dont think any Qi player would land ulti on non-carry heroes in a fight and avoid carry. Qi requires proper items to become useful and survive and its not just about pressing R.

Suppose in lane Qi decides to land ulti on a support with 100 dmg he would only do 525 superior magic damage, with 80 sec cd i doubt anyone would throw it on a support (lvl 16) whereas Witch slayer would do 850 magic damage (lvl 16) with 55 sec cd. The comparison isnt fair but it puts into perspective that its not REALLY that unbalanced as it seems on paper.

I Agree with you @ElementUser on that unintended mechanism but within gameplay it seems plausible. And isnt this the purpose of the game, to outplay your opponent by playing smart (picking items like Hellflower or even a Pk jump on Qi will render him useless).

The people who are not familiar with Qi enough are the ones that get 'melted' (0.2% usage 😕). Anyone who knows how potent Qi can be WILL COUNTER IT (heck pick vindi). So i say if something seems OP then it should also have weakness and i feel like with these changes, For me Qi would end up having the same fate as Nitro.

But at the end its just how i feel towards this and in my opinion its just unnecessary nerfing.

I played alot of Qi. 

He was supposed to be "carry killer" with his E. 

However. Supports and other nukers (Every Hero in the game except behemoth and Magmus) get a lot of atk dng by buullding core items and becomes vurnerable without a Choice vs Qi. 

I loved solo killing almost Any Hero onn the Map. Except Magmus and behemoth. They have 0 dmg.

Posted (edited)

I used to play HoN China client , I can say that not only Aluna avatar(CN) is so bad, all the Chinese avatar are so bad.

So does Midas avatar(CN) Legionnaire avatar(CN) Dampeer avatar(CN) Arachna avatar(CN).

Its nothing to do with the higher-definition, it is the model itself is so bad.

Legionnaire avatar(CN) is a joke, its like a walking crab (many of my Chinese friends also said this avatar is so bad).

I hope someday they can change back the avatars.

Edited by fattythrow

Pretty excited about the Geostalk change - I proposed this exact mechanic in SBT long ago when the Geo rework happened and I don't think it was ever tried.  Thematically, it made much more sense and should provide a lot more tension and skill to playing Geomancer!

On 5/31/2020 at 4:29 AM, fattythrow said:

I used to play HoN China client , I can say that not only Aluna avatar(CN) is so bad, all the Chinese avatar are so bad.

So does Midas avatar(CN) Legionnaire avatar(CN) Dampeer avatar(CN) Arachna avatar(CN).

Its nothing to do with the higher-definition, it is the model itself is so bad.

Legionnaire avatar(CN) is a joke, its like a walking crab (many of my Chinese friends also said this avatar is so bad).

I hope someday they can change back the avatars.

This is a prime example of bad constructive criticism and just a straight out biased opinion. Why is it bad? Where is the walking crab you describe in the default legionnaire skin? 

1 hour ago, Whyzozerious said:

This is a prime example of bad constructive criticism and just a straight out biased opinion. Why is it bad? Where is the walking crab you describe in the default legionnaire skin? 

Pssshh... he CLEARLY said those hero models are bad!  What do YOU know about hero models!?

• Haha 1

Toxicity breeds toxicity.  Break the cycle.

1 hour ago, MacroHard said:

Pssshh... he CLEARLY said those hero models are bad!  What do YOU know about hero models!?

You got me. Obviously I have 0 knowledge on hero models 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Whyzozerious said:

just look at the way he walking.

The hag staff nerf was needed. The balph buff will be fun. The MW mmr removal is sad :(  Can't wait to troll with the kane staff. 

9 minutes ago, CLANMAIN said:

The hag staff nerf was needed. The balph buff will be fun. The MW mmr removal is sad 😞 Can't wait to troll with the kane staff. 

You will still be able to see your personal MW MMR, which is what is important.  There is no constructive value to seeing other players’.

Toxicity breeds toxicity.  Break the cycle.

42 minutes ago, CLANMAIN said:

The hag staff nerf was needed. The balph buff will be fun. The MW mmr removal is sad 😞 Can't wait to troll with the kane staff. 

you can still use Mod to see other player's MMR.

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2020 at 2:32 PM, Zen said:

** hidden MW mmr

Killing the game again and again.

For the 30 people who play foc "to have fun" with it.

I thought EU was a smart guy, have to reconsider.

Harsh but I agree.

I only play mw. Its a faster more intense game mode and the banning pick makes the lineups diverse plus if you get a griefer on your team you don't have to suffer for up to an hour like in FoC.

Removing the mmr from pick screen will not make the game mode more fun if you ask me. Low-medium mmr mw is already a fun/chill game where people try new heroes and item builds. High mmr mw is more meta oriented and people who want the competetiveness of that should be able to enjoy the game they way they want to and not be told they can't enjoy the game because other players should have a "playground".

From my experience whenever a group of high players get matched vs a much lower team, resulting in +0.1/-10 mmr for high and +10/-0.1 for lower the game is almost always remade. This type of game would not be fun for anyone involved and would be counterproductive for a "fun mode".

MMR is a way to see what to expect from a player. Removing it will not create more fun.

Edited by SupaPowaXXL
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, supapowaxxl said:

Harsh but I agree.

I only play mw. Its a faster more intense game mode and the banning pick makes the lineups diverse plus if you get a griefer on your team you don't have to suffer for up to an hour like in FoC.

Removing the mmr from pick screen will not make the game mode more fun if you ask me. Low-medium mmr mw is already a fun/chill game where people try new heroes and item builds. High mmr mw is more meta oriented and people who want the competetiveness of that should be able to enjoy the game they way they want to and not be told they can't enjoy the game because other players should have a "playground".

From my experience whenever a group of high players get matched vs a much lower team, resulting in +0.1/-10 mmr for high and +10/-0.1 for lower the game is almost always remade. This type of game would not be fun for anyone involved and would be counterproductive for a "fun mode".

MMR is a way to see what to expect from a player. Removing it will create more fun.

Please re-read the patch notes for that section. It was changed to display your own Mid Wars MMR only to yourself.

4 minutes ago, ElementUser said:

Please re-read the patch notes for that section. It was changed to display your own Mid Wars MMR only to yourself.

I saw that.

Why not people enjoy the game the way they want to? 

If you feel we need unranked fun modes create a "no rank/ no mmr" option when entering queue for both foc and mw. This way people can have fun and learn on both maps while ranked becomes more serious for both.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

@ElementUserthere is also a pretty big unintentional bug in regards of Balphagore staff ult. But I would need plenty of time and space to explain it. Long story short, if you use ult on 4 people... you gonna have another ult again in 5-10 secs. Because W that spreads on enemies also reset your ult CD.

I would suggest that W from your R, doesn't reset cd on your ult. It might be hard for you to understand or for someone who doesn't play the hero often.

Edited by Diabetis
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ElementUser said:

Because it splits the queues. 

The unranked q can still have short q time if it disregards mmr.

Players who in the competitive q will wait longer but the quality of games should increase creating a more enjoyable experience. 

18 minutes ago, Diabetis said:

@ElementUserthere is also a pretty big unintentional bug in regards of Balphagore staff ult. But I would need plenty of time and space to explain it. Long story short, if you use ult on 4 people... you gonna have another ult again in 5-10 secs. Because W that spreads on enemies also reset your ult CD.

I would suggest that W from your R, doesn't reset cd on your ult. It might be hard for you to understand or for someone who doesn't play the hero often.

I play lots of Balpha and i know that W reduces your ultimates cd. I replicated a scenario at practise mode just now and from 70 sec cd it went to 25ish until the silence effects ends. 

• Like 1

@doctorniktest it with full charges now... also take in notice that after enemies use spells. You basically gonna have ult again in no time. 

Posted (edited)

Anyone know how to get the Login Rewards 200 Silver Coins ? My silver coins still the same.

Edited by fattythrow

@Diabetis yes you are correct, as there is the cd reduction by spell usage, plus ur cd reduction from Demonic Pathogen. Well i guess this is unintended 😄 ,
*with full charges still went 20-25ish, but with 2 3 more spells it was indeed up again in no time