Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
Couillasse

Need Help to use s2exporter in 3ds max 2011

Hi all,

I wanted to make custom models and custom animations for old HoN mod version (Hon2Dota / Moba Allstars Legends).

I firstly used the Theli k2exporter for blender 2.63, importing .model and .clip works well and the .model exporter also but not the .clip export.

When i export my animation  in .clip it f*cked up the armature of my model ...

So i decided to use the s2exporter for 3ds max 2011.

I copied the s2exporter.dlu file in the 3ds max 2011 "stdplugs" folder. When i launch 3ds max, and go to the plugin management window, i found s2exporter correctly loaded.

But i have no .model and .clip export as export choices in the export window...

What i have to do to make it appears ?

Thanks

Sorry for not responding, I was busy at work.
atsniperthin already answered your question.
I will only add a few words:
1) Before exporting models, always hide the skeleton bones (not bone effects). Otherwise, you will always receive an unnamed .material file.
2) If after exporting your model is not displayed correctly (stretched), then you need to detach the model into a larger number of meshes. This is due to the fact that the K2 engine has a limit of 72 bones.
3) It makes no sense to apply all the textures (normal map, specular map, etc.), since then you will still modify the material file for yourself. Just apply the texture of the diffuse map.

6 hours ago, RedBear said:

I will only add a few words:
1) Before exporting models, always hide the skeleton bones (not bone effects). Otherwise, you will always receive an unnamed .material file.

Thanks RedBear for this advice i know now why i had always unnamed material lol..

I have another question about materials. original HoN heroes .material have only one texture but in the model i'm currently working i have one mesh with 4 materials on (so 4 textures on it). Do i need to split my model into 4 mesh and one material/texture each or s2exporter can handle multimaterial  ?

HI everyone.sorry for high jacking this post,but where can I find this exporter.I remember year ago messing with the thing.cant find a download link anywhere.

16 minutes ago, BENASSLICK said:

HI everyone.sorry for high jacking this post,but where can I find this exporter.I remember year ago messing with the thing.cant find a download link anywhere.

In the HoN installation folder.

Posted (edited)

Does the exporter only work on specific versions of 3ds Max ?Cant get them to load. Its Giving me errors on startup.Using 2020.

edit: Looking at the description of the file "s2exporter64-max2013"

im guessing it only works on  max2013

Edited by BENASSLICK

the  original s2exporter (not the 2013) works only in 3ds max 8 and 3ds max 2011 if i remember, that's why i'm using 3ds max 2011.

1 hour ago, Couillasse said:

I have another question about materials. original HoN heroes .material have only one texture but in the model i'm currently working i have one mesh with 4 materials on (so 4 textures on it). Do i need to split my model into 4 mesh and one material/texture each or s2exporter can handle multimaterial  ?

Unfortunately, s2exporter does not support multimaterial export.

You need to split one mesh with 4 materials by material ID (four meshes with unique material).

40 minutes ago, BENASSLICK said:

Does the exporter only work on specific versions of 3ds Max ?Cant get them to load. Its Giving me errors on startup.Using 2020.

edit: Looking at the description of the file "s2exporter64-max2013"

im guessing it only works on  max2013

If my memory serves me, s2exporter.dlu is supported by 32-bit version of 3ds max 2011 and s2exporter64-max2013.dlu is supported by the 64-bit version of 3ds max 2013.
Other versions of 3ds max are not supported.

Especially if you're a windows 10 user, I would 100% use 3ds max 2013.

A Side note, the 2013 plugin also works on 3ds max 2014, so you could settle on that version too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1