Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

14 hours ago, ElementUser said:

Intelligence grants Mana, Mana Regen, and.....that's it

How about making intelligence also give magic armor, analogous to agility?  Or cast speed?

• Like 1

Toxicity breeds toxicity.  Break the cycle.

12 hours ago, MacroHard said:

How about making intelligence also give magic armor, analogous to agility?  Or cast speed?

Because it would be overbalanced as a stat. Currently each stat gives 2 secondary enhancements:

STR provides HP and HP Regen

AGI provides Attack Speed and Armor

INT provides Mana and Mana Regen

If INT were to provide any further benefits by itself then the others would have to be rebranded as well.

1 hour ago, LokiAuric said:

Because it would be overbalanced as a stat. Currently each stat gives 2 secondary enhancements:

STR provides HP and HP Regen

AGI provides Attack Speed and Armor

INT provides Mana and Mana Regen

If INT were to provide any further benefits by itself then the others would have to be rebranded as well.

Agree on this. If the 2 enchantments idea should be kept, my choice goes to mana regeneration to be replaced by something else because the there's less or no mechanic of a hero relying on mana regeneration too much unlike max mana.

• Like 1

This thread below is still updating, just keep in touch to it:

9 hours ago, datfizh said:

Agree on this. If the 2 enchantments idea should be kept, my choice goes to mana regeneration to be replaced by something else because the there's less or no mechanic of a hero relying on mana regeneration too much unlike max mana.

Mana Regen lets you farm harder, fight longer, push further all without having to go back. For some heroes, it's core to their builds.

Not everything needs to do everything.

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

7 minutes ago, Hubaris said:

Mana Regen lets you farm harder, fight longer, push further all without having to go back. For some heroes, it's core to their builds.

Not everything needs to do everything.

Fair point. Though my previous statement didn't intend to make most heroes losing their mana regenerating capability, it could be replaced by having innate mana regeneration instead.

The downside I find about innate mana regeneration is the dependency to items in order to scale through the game, unlike mana regeneration from intelligence that scale through both level and item.

In the end, I still choose mana regeneration over mana gain to be replaced with new enchantment if the two enchantments are the limit for new enchantment. 

This thread below is still updating, just keep in touch to it: