HoNiversary Patch 4.8.4 Highlight Video

Hey guys!

Just letting you know our HoNiversary Highlights Patch is live up on facebook! Big shoutout to HoNOMG for making this possible.

Hero Rework: #Nitro (00:30) | Staff Upgrades: #Kane (02:40), #Balphagore (04:40) | #Aluna (CN) Avatar (03:30) | New rune: Merrick's Rune (04:20)

Patch notes and claim page released Friday .. get keen!

Cheers!

<3Slif

Edited by Sliferjam
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Liking the Nitro Rework on paper, seeing the R in action looked great and the new Ballistic gives her some really interesting zoning. Loving Balphagore's SotM, adds unique function to the hero which is a win in my books.

Kane's SotM on the other hand... you're paying 4.2K for the chance to gain attack damage permanently instead of just buying the damage outright. Not only that, you're paying for the privilege of potentially giving opponents attack damage which is an unpleasant design problem only seen in Doombringer. I don't think the math checks out compared to something like Daemonic or even Shieldbreaker. It is a massive miss to me in its current form. ?

Edit: Master's Legacy does exist I suppose. Is it worth 2.3K? Possibly. Maybe I'm being too critical.

Edited by Hubaris

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

57 minutes ago, EpicPhilely said:

Auto ban/pick nitro 

I don't think so.

She can chase with her Q, has a little stun with her W, can run if nobody else is around with E and gains a lot of Attack Speed but with penalty to damage with R for 5 seconds with a 60 seconds cooldown. Q and W deal magic damage. Pop shrunken and you are safe.

It looks like she will scale way worse into late than before.

I am really curious how she will perform.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, ScrubFactory said:

What if Kane has Mock or Runed Cleaver and gets kills with those while Face Off is active, would those extra kills also add damage?

It's just the target being affected by the skill that has to die

6 minutes ago, ElementUser said:

It's just the target being affected by the skill that has to die

Does the skill track charges for Kane or enemies before you get Staff or level ultimate?

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

5 minutes ago, Hubaris said:

Does the skill track charges for Kane or enemies before you get Staff or level ultimate?

It is not retroactive (that would be broken with those numbers).

The numbers were chosen on the basis that you obtain SotM at some point in the game, rather than on the basis where you *may* get a SotM and then manage to get it. If it were done on a retroactive basis, then the numbers you would see would be much lower/recalibrated once you get kills with SotM.

The way it is planned is the most fair, as pinning a feature on "maybe" getting a SotM isn't good game design.

Edited by ElementUser

I appreciate this answer thanks.

Adds a lot of risk/reward on rushing it and bullying weaker heroes early... Which seems to fit Kane's prideful personality. 

3 minutes ago, Zerkul said:

Isn't this basicly Bramble? 

Bramble gets a bonus based on a natural attribute by the time she gets SotM.

Kane, if you let it occur retroactively, will result in a variable amount of bonus damage based on the performance tied to a specific skill's active usage that literally dictates how good the SotM will be.

Yes, both are indirectly tied to your performance throughout the game on how strong the SotM effect will be. The difference is that you actually need to get kills on Kane's R for this to happen (a direct correlation to the performance of Kane's R duel results), whereas Bramble will always have an HP pool no matter how well or poorly she performed. Also, it makes no sense for enemies to suddenly & magically gain Attack Damage if Kane loses a duel early on & then you get SotM.

Edited by ElementUser
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, emarky said:

So Balphagores ultimate with sotm has increased radius, damage and silences? Am I not seeing this wrong? D:<

It allows his ultimate to scale just a tad bit later into the game and gives it utility, rather than just mostly being a nuke. It's also only a 2-second silence, so it's not even gamebreaking.

Balphagore's ultimate scales pretty poorly later into the game if you don't end up snowballing.

Edited by ElementUser
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, ElementUser said:

It is not retroactive (that would be broken with those numbers).

The numbers were chosen on the basis that you obtain SotM at some point in the game, rather than on the basis where you *may* get a SotM and then manage to get it. If it were done on a retroactive basis, then the numbers you would see would be much lower/recalibrated once you get kills with SotM.

The way it is planned is the most fair, as pinning a feature on "maybe" getting a SotM isn't good game design.

I think you need a math expert on your development team.

Toxicity breeds toxicity.  Break the cycle.