Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

Posted (edited)

Changed to active

Activate Rewind to Rewind the time to the last 2 seconds. 

Applies to HP only

Chronos receives Up to 40/50/60/70% of the received dmg.

CD 20/17/14/11s

Mana cost:20

Edited by RUS_AGENT007
Balance changes
  • Like 1

wouldn't an activable rewind be too strong against burst-nukes like deadwood ultimate, pyro ultimate, etc? 

Or maybe I didn't understand your suggestion very well

Posted (edited)

i dont think chronos need that kind of change. He is already in top tier hard carry picks atm. People enjoy playing him,so he is often picked. There are other heroes that could use  a change though

Edited by doctornik

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TruLeLiLoLOL said:

wouldn't an activable rewind be too strong against burst-nukes like deadwood ultimate, pyro ultimate, etc? 

Or maybe I didn't understand your suggestion very well

Yes it could be, but can be bursted down. This is an idea and all Numbers can be tweaked. 

Even if chronos Rewind pyro ulti it would deal 300. If paired with another stunvä or used as a finisher its completely nullufied. 

43 minutes ago, doctornik said:

i dont think chronos need that kind of change. He is already in top tier hard carry picks atm. People enjoy playing him,so he is often picked. There are other heroes that could use  a change though

Idea was to make a change thats less RNG on an already 2 much rng Hero. 

This idea has counters compared to normal rng Rewind and is not just a "Huge buff" it can also be a Nerf. Its changed from random to skill.

Edited by RUS_AGENT007

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, RUS_AGENT007 said:

Yes it could be, but can be bursted down. This is an idea and all Numbers can be tweaked. 

Even if chronos Rewind pyro ulti it would deal 300. If paired with another stunvä or used as a finisher its completely nullufied. 

Idea was to make a change thats less RNG on an already 2 much rng Hero. 

This idea has counters compared to normal rng Rewind and is not just a "Huge buff" it can also be a Nerf. Its changed from random to skill.

i dont know. i can see your thoughts behind this but as i said Chronos is fine imo. We have a saying in my coutry: strategy that works, never changes

Same goes for Chronos. Im agaisnt twiking heroes that are already ok. The results of that change maybe prove to be good or not. Why to risk it, why to bother.
Rng is part of every game. Hero is fine, people like him, he is often picked, has his unique place as a special hero in the overall pool of heroes,has his counterplays and counterpicks. 

Edited by doctornik
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, doctornik said:

i dont know. i can see you thoughts behind this but as i said Chronos is fine imo. We have a saying in my coutry: strategy that works, never changes

Same goes for Chronos. Im agaisnt twiking heroes that are already ok. The results of that change maybe prove to be good or not. Why to risk it, why to bother.
Rng is part of everygame game. Hero is fine, people like him, he is often picked, has his unique place as a special hero in the overall pool of heroes,has his counterplays and counterpicks. 

Amen.

Dreamcatcher crushes Rewind already.

You have to consider it from a UI and player perspective. How would they be able to see what their health and mana was 3 seconds ago? Would they just need to have a feel for it?

Also I'm not entirely sold on the scaling. Having it rewind time to a solid number each level would be better than having that scale; considering that this memory minigame is already difficult, adding fractions of seconds based on what level you are makes it overly complicated.

I don't hate it but I think it is a little tough to figure out as a player.

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

3 hours ago, Hubaris said:

Also I'm not entirely sold on the scaling. Having it rewind time to a solid number each level would be better than having that scale

Yes. Its an idea. The Numbers and scaling can be off. 

3 hours ago, Hubaris said:

The initial idea is basically half of Accurseds ultimate... friendly reminder that you are attempting to turn an already overperforming heroes PASSIVE THIRD ABILITY into a semi ultimate!

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, merryhonmas said:

The initial idea is basically half of Accurseds ultimate... friendly reminder that you are attempting to turn an already overperforming heroes PASSIVE THIRD ABILITY into a semi ultimate!

They are not even Close to eachother

The idea is to make it active somehow. My Numbers are obviously off. The seconds are off. 

Basically chronos passive today is already half accursed ulti with No counter play (except regen counters?) 

This is One Quick heal in a fight and thats it. No chance to heal if silenced / perplexed/stunned. 

I dont think this idea is stronger than current in all situations. In some, sure. 

Adjust Numbers and it wont be a half accursed ulti. Remove mana regen etc. Balance it. 

Edit: chronos in dota f.e backtracks 100% of all dmg taken within 2 seconds with a 6s (#4,8s w talent) cooldown with his leap. 

Since you all Love dota changes i edited in a dota similarity.

Edited by RUS_AGENT007

Then I misread it.

It sounded to me like you wanted him to undo all damage applied or a certain amount of the damage applied FOR 3 seconds, which would have been Accursed ult mirror.

Apologies for the confusion then (also I don't like alot of the DotA2 things especially when thrown into HoN conversations as the games are already very different tempowise!)