Parasite's ultimate

Hello there,

Today I was playing parasite and when I ulted the enemy carry that had martyr's wings on, the buff didn't swap, he still had the wings on (tried at least 3 times). Is it suppose to be like this or is it a bug?

I'm asking cuz I'm not a parasite player.. 

Thanks 

Been a while since I opened the Resources file to check. Blast from the past.

Anyway, Martyr's ability is a State (Blue Bordered ability) and thus can't be transferred with Parasite's Ultimate.

Also this is best asked in the mechanics subforum!

• Like 1

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

2 hours ago, Hubaris said:

Been a while since I opened the Resources file to check. Blast from the past.

Anyway, Martyr's ability is a State (Blue Bordered ability) and thus can't be transferred with Parasite's Ultimate.

Also this is best asked in the mechanics subforum!

Thanks for the reply. Next time I will post there.

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to find a list of these "state" abilities in this Resource file?

You basically have to read the XML Documentation and know what to look for.

For example:

<applystate name="State_Martyr_Ability2_Target" duration="4000" />

You can tell it is a State due to the <applystate> tag. 

Its not like a resource document or anything, but you can find the resource files in "Heroes of Newerth\game" and open them up to read them. Just note that if anything changes then the game won't work properly so... yeah. You can read them with no issue though.

Long and short if it has a Blue Border it is a State (Like Guardian Angel, Curse Ground, Slither Poison Ultimate), if it is Red Border it is a Debuff (like Slither Q), and if it is a Green Border it is a Buff (like Blitz Quicken). Parasite only Swaps Debuffs and Buffs.

Edited by Hubaris
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

10 hours ago, Hubaris said:

You basically have to read the XML Documentation and know what to look for.

For example:

<applystate name="State_Martyr_Ability2_Target" duration="4000" />

You can tell it is a State due to the <applystate> tag. 

Its not like a resource document or anything, but you can find the resource files in "Heroes of Newerth\game" and open them up to read them. Just note that if anything changes then the game won't work properly so... yeah. You can read them with no issue though.

Long and short if it has a Blue Border it is a State (Like Guardian Angel, Curse Ground, Slither Poison Ultimate), if it is Red Border it is a Debuff (like Slither Q), and if it is a Green Border it is a Buff (like Blitz Quicken). Parasite only Swaps Debuffs and Buffs.

Well explained! thanks

This is kind of interesting as Guardian angle can be removed with purges (elec, sandsceptre, nullfire, pearl) while other states cannot be removed (slithers ultimate, cursed ground)