Do you guys use Smart Casting Ability - Controls ?

spacer.png

Do you guys use Smart Casting Ability?

I really like using it, although it takes a lot of time to get used to it, you can cast abilities much quicker and precise.

Only downside is that you cannot cast abilities on yourself with shortcut (double click the ability).
Good examples are Jereziah (Q,W)  |  Blitz (E)  |  Martyr (W)  |  Monarch (W)  |  Electrician (R)...

Is there a way to overcome this without switching off Smart Casting, or finding and clicking on myself in massive team fight?

-if there is a big teamfight with creeps how do u not smart cast single target abilities on creeps ?
-and i dont know the answer to your question ? , but interesting topic nevertheless

Edited by doctornik
7 hours ago, doctornik said:

-if there is a big teamfight with creeps how do u not smart cast single target abilities on creeps ?
-and i dont know the answer to your question ? , but interest topic nevertheless

In teamfights I focus on enemies, and yes it always can happen to miss a spell, but with Smart Cast I think you can be more precise, because you press ability key, position cursor over enemy, and release the key.
In Normal Casting you would need to also click the mouse button, which could lead to unintentionally moving a mouse and missing a spell.

And now that I think of it again, problem with Smart Casting with heroes and abilities I mentioned above, is also when you are chasing or running away from someone.
Its hard to click on yourself while running, than just running and double click the ability key.

Instead of the using smartcasting for what you said, I hotkeyed 1, 2, 3,  to cast the spells on self for q w e and it also works to toggle spells.

E.g. to toggle on/off Ara Q, Vindi W but then it also works to heal yourself with DS E, Jera Q with one button press etc.

unknown.png

Hope this helps, I myself find it super convenient.

The only example I can think of for wanting R to be selfcasted is if you're are Prisoner with staff, that's a really niche scenario, so I wouldn't bother with R/4.

Edit; Didn't think of electrician actually, a hero it reeeally made easier to play was Revenant, as he has 3 self castable buff spells.

Edited by TehNubZar

TehNubZar,  thank you so much for sharing your setup, you gave me a great idea.

But I have a habit since Warcraft/Starcraft/Dota1 to select my hero with 1. 
And also with your hotkeys we lose selecting of additional unites (minions, Dominated Neutrals) with 2, 3.

So I will set my Self-Cast like: ctrl+Q   ctrl+W   ctrl+E   ctrl+R
also I will try your suggestion couple of matches.
I'll see how it goes...
Cheers!

• Haha 1
On 5/26/2020 at 8:02 PM, Tricko said:

TehNubZar,  thank you so much for sharing your setup, you gave me a great idea.

But I have a habit since Warcraft/Starcraft/Dota1 to select my hero with 1. 
And also with your hotkeys we lose selecting of additional unites (minions, Dominated Neutrals) with 2, 3.

So I will set my Self-Cast like: ctrl+Q   ctrl+W   ctrl+E   ctrl+R
also I will try your suggestion couple of matches.
I'll see how it goes...
Cheers!

U dont need to do that! To use Arachna Q, just press Q twice and goes to auto cast, same as vindi W.. Press W twice fast and goes to auto cast.

14 hours ago, CoyoTTee said:

U dont need to do that! To use Arachna Q, just press Q twice and goes to auto cast, same as vindi W.. Press W twice fast and goes to auto cast.

I know, but topic here is Smart Casting.
U cannot do double click while using Smart Cast, you need to bind a specific button to do that. 
It's Self-Casting.

@TehNubZar thanks for asking.

I move my screen the basic way, moving mouse to the edges of the screen.

I saw some streamers clicking mouse wheel and dragging to move camera. Also I know some people that move camera using keys (A,S,D,W) and cast spells with (1,2,3,4) which is maybe their WOW habit.

I was also using CTRL+Q/W/E/R to level up skills, (I think I got that from Zlapped), but now I am using that for Self-Cast that u showed me, since that is more important for me.