Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
ztt

Solving the problem of leavers

Posted (edited)

Let me begin with an example: I'm in a game with 2000 GPM prodex Scout and has 25/0/40 KDA when suddenly a fresh wifi exploit is unleashed on darknet and my autistic neighbor hacks my wifi so I start lagging terribly, making the game unplayable.
I normally don't use wifi and have a cable plugged in my PC but in in this scenario my ethernet card and all phones with 4G had also gotten fried by a lightning strike just before the game so I've got a minute pause and has to run like Usain Bolt to my neighbor and bang on his door hoping that we can resolve it in a timely manner...

He doesn't open his door so I end up having to FBI my way into his house which takes a while and leaves my teammates in deep despair as the game is unpaused after a minute and I'm AFK. Luckily I'm not stupid so I've put a plan B in place where before I rushed to my neighbor I gave full control over my hero to the 2nd best guy in team: a Soul Reaper with 8/17/0 KDA so we may still be able to win the game.

But then 40 minutes later when I get back to my PC after having solved the lag issue the game is lost and I've ended up with 26/35/40 KDA and 150 GPM, frustrating not to say the least...

So, this leaver abandoning teammates thing is a real issue that could be resolved via simply letting someone take control of abandoned heroes via adding something like a replacement queue &/ the public games list but with a list of games that need a replacement.

With this in place in the same scenario I would have simply called in a respectable replacement that would have easily won us the game. Stats can be split easily with me getting my 25/0/40 KDR part and the replacement guy getting his part.

Also pls add votekick-replace on top of report with something like a GM having the final call if someone gets kicked or not joining live spectating if a idiot griefer teammate get a few votereplace votes, this would save a lot of games from being rekt by morons. 

thx

Edited by ztt
tl;dr: read bold text only

26 minutes ago, ztt said:

Let me begin with an example: I'm in a game with 2000 GPM prodex Scout and has 25/0/40 KDA when suddenly a fresh wifi exploit is unleashed on darknet and my autistic neighbor hacks my wifi so I start lagging terribly, making the game unplayable.
I normally don't use wifi and have a cable plugged in my PC but in in this scenario my ethernet card and all phones with 4G had also gotten fried by a lightning strike just before the game so I've got a minute pause and has to run like Usain Bolt to my neighbor and bang on his door hoping that we can resolve it in a timely manner...

He doesn't open his door so I end up having to FBI my way into his house which takes a while and leaves my teammates in deep despair as the game is unpaused after a minute and I'm AFK. Luckily I'm not stupid so I've put a plan B in place where before I rushed to my neighbor I gave full control over my hero to the 2nd best guy in team: a Soul Reaper with 8/17/0 KDA so we may still be able to win the game.

But then 40 minutes later when I get back to my PC after having solved the lag issue the game is lost and I've ended up with 26/35/40 KDA and 150 GPM, frustrating not to say the least...

So, this leaver abandoning teammates thing is a real issue that could be resolved via simply letting someone take control of abandoned heroes via adding something like a replacement queue &/ the public games list but with a list of games that need a replacement.

With this in place in the same scenario I would have simply called in a respectable replacement that would have easily won us the game. Stats can be split easily with me getting my 25/0/40 KDR part and the replacement guy getting his part.

Also pls add votekick-replace on top of report with something like a GM having the final call if someone gets kicked or not joining live spectating if a idiot griefer teammate get a few votereplace votes, this would save a lot of games from being rekt by morons. 

thx

A bit too much text for the story in relation to your ideas. They are good though!

The possibility of replacing players who left is a feature of an excellent game! However this will be soon HoN after corona.

Suggestions on improving RAP will get rejected regularly. The studios point of view is that they are very proud they were able to improve RAP in the past. Don't expect anything.

(There is a seperate RAP subsection of the forum here)

1 hour ago, Falk1 said:

A bit too much text for the story in relation to your ideas. They are good though!

The possibility of replacing players who left is a feature of an excellent game! However this will be soon HoN after corona.

Suggestions on improving RAP will get rejected regularly. The studios point of view is that they are very proud they were able to improve RAP in the past. Don't expect anything.

(There is a seperate RAP subsection of the forum here)

fix'd tl;dr bold text 👍

• Like 1