It's time to limit Flint beastwood range in midwars

Flint is really not that good. He is super hard countered by not just good jump heroes (Pharaoh, Doctor, PK users), but by simply picking a harder carry hero (Tarot, Puppet), as Flint's scaling is actually quite middling, and his damage output is negated entirely by Shrunken Head (his ministun doesn't even work against magic immune heroes), which basically is on everyone's buy list in Mid Wars anyway. I do concede the fact that Flint stomps lower brackets with his long range complimenting with the natural position of Mid Wars teams, but against coordinated teams he struggles to do anything meaningful as high MMR players will always pick him off first/buy to counter his items/pick heroes that scale better. Flint has to make one of two bad choices against good teams: Either buy raw dps to compensate for his bad scaling and suffer the wrath of gankers, or buy all defense to survive gankers at the cost of relying heavily on his spells for damage (which is only moderate to begin with).

All in all, I feel that Flint is not just a meh Mid Wars hero, but also one of the worst heroes in Caldavar, along with Ra and Pre-Staff Blacksmith.

Is it even possible to nerf flint just in mid wars? If so I definitely support this idea.

It's so easy to dominate with this hero I reckon from my experience it has around 70-80% win rate there.

It is ridiculous the distance he can hit the enemies. Getting a wing bow on top of that, and you're unstoppable machine

8 hours ago, Shoy said:

Is it even possible to nerf flint just in mid wars? If so I definitely support this idea.

It's so easy to dominate with this hero I reckon from my experience it has around 70-80% win rate there.

It is ridiculous the distance he can hit the enemies. Getting a wing bow on top of that, and you're unstoppable machine

It is possible, yes. Some heroes have been nerfed/buffed only for mid wars in the past.

20 hours ago, thechinawall said:

It is possible, yes. Some heroes have been nerfed/buffed only for mid wars in the past.

They stopped because it couldn't be done in a meaningfull way. 

16 minutes ago, Zerkul said:

They stopped because it couldn't be done in a meaningfull way. 

Jade Spire has different rules in Mid Wars. I don’t think it’s off the table.

Toxicity breeds toxicity.  Break the cycle.

8 minutes ago, MacroHard said:

Jade Spire has different rules in Mid Wars. I don’t think it’s off the table.

That is one item with a flat effect. Can't really be compared to having an entire set extra of balance to do if you were to balance hereos for MW only.

My money is on that it isn't going to happen. 

3 minutes ago, Zerkul said:

That is one item with a flat effect. Can't really be compared to having an entire set extra of balance to do if you were to balance hereos for MW only.

My money is on that it isn't going to happen. 

Correct.

We've received complaints in the past for players who play both modes frequently. The issue is that if we did hero-specific adjustments, heroes can perform differently in Mid Wars and then when you transition to FoC, you may expect something to work, but it ends up failing in FoC (or vice-versa). It causes too much of a difference & heroes aren't a constant in each of your games. Items however can be because they're technically available to every single player regardless of what hero you pick.

Maintenance-wise though, it's near impossible to meaningfully keep track of MW-specific changes to heroes.

Edited by ElementUser
  • Like 1

Honestly, without range he's basically worthless.

Cover the distance, jump him, disarm him, etc. Yes he is probably on the stronger side, but that is mainly due to Flare and R; they both allow him to score very early assists and kills with very little effort and that is really what spikes him up.

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

8 hours ago, Sliferjam said:

I love seeing a flint pick in MW.

I instapick blacksmith, get spellshards, pk, staff, twinblades and just jump on flint all game.

His range is literally the only thing that makes him OP.

You forgot about codex, also that can be countered as well, hope we face each other in a mw game, you Blacksmith, me with flint!  ?

[SGM] — Senior Game Master for Heroes of Newerth

Want to get in touch with an SGM?
Want to appeal your suspension?
 Click Click >
R.A.P helpdesk<

On 5/26/2020 at 7:15 AM, MerlienX said:

Actually is not, you just need to change your picking and normal playstyle abit vs flint in mw , flint is not even close to overpower heroes in mw

from your view point sure it might be balanced. but from silver view point this hero ruins games. same as infinite stat points for devo or vindicator passives. do we balance for top 5% or for majority of player base? dont have to ask you that. you are for 5% 

The problem is, if someone picks flint you NEED to counter him to HAVE A CHANCE, if they dont pick Flint, you can pick any hero, you dont have to worry about this and the game will be more fun.

I agree with the topic

Edited by truckdeliver
18 hours ago, Sliferjam said:

I love seeing a flint pick in MW.

I instapick blacksmith, get spellshards, pk, staff, twinblades and just jump on flint all game.

His range is literally the only thing that makes him OP.

That is not anti Flint, you can do that against every anty cary hero.

It's not easy just to "jump" flint. A decent Flint player see what enemies items and heroes are and then just adjust the game style. There's not denial it's way easier for flint to stay back and kill enemies with auto-attack without being in danger than any other hero. If you know how to position yourself and when to engage in the fight, Flint have massive upperhand in MW than other carries.