Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
doctornik

Ravenor- Discussion wise post

Posted (edited)

Why is Ravenor at the lowest win percentage ( i dont count nitro ofc ).Truth is i dont pick him either, coz he feels kinda weak compared to other carry options atm, but still is this cause of balance aspect , or because of the current meta?

Edited by doctornik

36 minutes ago, doctornik said:

Why is Ravenor at the lowest win percentage ( i dont count nitro ofc ).Truth is i dont pick him either, coz he feels kinda weak compared to other carry options atm, but still is this cause of the balance aspect , or because of the current meta?

He sure has it's value. That magic damage should help against high armor heroes. (Armadon)

The stun needs some practice on leading a target, if that is not done correctly, it could result in missed stuns. Paring him with a reliable stunner can work around that.

However his magic damage output prevents him from profiting of lifesteal at a full extent.

• Like 1

I think he should be played like an active snowball carry, for this reason he should be allowed to farm and build up charges a little bit faster --> make his E proc every 2 attacks instead of 3

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

As someone who plays allot of ravenor he has a couple issues.

Firstly, he must land his Q ability to do anything; it's slow moving high CD, and an absolute. You can't just buff his Q because if you do, you run the risk of him being OP again.

Secondly, rav must begin his control around 20 minutes in the game or you run the risk of being out carried by better heroes. You can do a shit ton of damage as Rav but most of the time other heroes can do more, and if you're missing Qs you have a very high chance of doing nothing to farmed carrys. You can still carry with rav, its just much harder then carrying with another snowball hero like oogie.

Third, items, pretty much all of ravs items are going to revolve around initiation and survivablity with a random savage mace here and there. That means you have little pushing potential, which gives your enemy's time to recover from unexpected deaths. Most snowball heroes have this problem as well, its in the nature.

Fourth, R charges, the only way you're killing heroes is if you got maxed out R charges, and that is how Rav snowballs this kind of falls in same category as missing Qs as landing your Qs is what will give you the most R charges. However if you don't hit an enemy hero in a time frame I think its 10 seconds? You lose your snowball. Which means even if you get a quad kill ect, its hard to push high ground mostly because your DPS is limited and you can't really dive unless you're super far ahead.

What I would do, is maybe make Rav's E an activatable either as a Protective ability like a fade out and in [Magic damage immunity but cannot attack]

or a boost of speed, either a dash, very short blink, followed by a short MS boost. Something that can allow Rav to make more mistakes with out heavy punishments. 

Its hard to say though, because once Rav is OP he's a mother fucker of an OP hero.

Edited by magicgirlj
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Precisely, and the danger of him snowballing out of control so easily is exactly why he's kept on the weaker side, because his ultimate breaks a certain rule of game balance. For these reasons, any kind of buff is done with extreme caution & deliberation.

He will be getting a small change in 4.8.4, but he (like many HoN heroes.......) has design issues at their core that have to be addressed at some point in HoN's lifetime. Doing so takes time to get right, so this will be done slowly over time.

Edited by ElementUser
  • Like 1