Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
g3v0

Regarding Not Corroborated Avoiding AFK Tickets

One very simple, very easy suggestion I have: glance at the stats screen.

If at the end of a 38 minute game, a player:

• is level 1
  • has a score of 0/0/0
  • has 10 APM

then they were obviously avoiding AFK.

The GM doesn't have to load the replay, or look at the griefer's blatant actions like buying and destroying all the team wards, canceling TPs with tablet, or trying (and failing) to feed the enemy team an eye with flying courier.

spacer.png

When I asked the rest of my team to report this player as well, I was told the RAP system is a joke and doesn't work so they're not going to waste their time. I clearly see why they think that.

Maybe add a check to not automatically dismiss Avoiding AFK tickets if the accused player has an abnormally low APM?

Posted (edited)

“Not corroborated” means that specific ticket was never reviewed. A common reason for this is because the player was found guilty by somebody else’s ticket, rendering other tickets redundant and obsolete.

If your ticket came back “innocent” then you’d be right to get upset.

In this case the system worked. All of this is explained in the stickied posts at the top of this forum.

Edited by MacroHard
Fixed stupid iPhone autocorrect

Toxicity breeds toxicity.  Break the cycle.

Posted (edited)

In this case, it was the other "Not corroborated".

My team didn't report because they consider RAP useless (and/or spoke bad English); the other team obviously didn't report because they were the ones who asked him to buy/kill our wards.

While I understand why the current system exists, I'm frustrated by how brittle it is.

spacer.png

Edited by g3v0

4 hours ago, MacroHard said:

A common reason for this is because the player was found guilty by somebody else’s ticket, rendering other tickets redundant and obsolete.

The more common is that it was a single ticket, as in this case.

4 hours ago, MacroHard said:

In this case the system worked. All of this is explained in the stickied posts at the top of this forum.

It worked as intended. It does not work to combat griefing in my harmful opinion.

3 hours ago, Falk1 said:

It worked as intended. It does not work to combat griefing in my harmful opinion.

it works as intended, as the main reason for this system (as I think) is to lessen the number of false tickets mady by "griefing reporters"

Posted (edited)

Or 90% of the players who just rage-report for no legitimate reason/a reason they think is bannable but isn't actually bannable.

Historical data doesn't lie - ~90% of reports that are made by a single player are marked as innocent in the past, and the sheer volume of them slow down reports for players who are actually Guilty.

Edited by ElementUser

30 minutes ago, ElementUser said:

Historical data doesn't lie - ~90% of reports that are made by a single player are marked as innocent in the past, and the sheer volume of them slow down reports for players who are actually Guilty.

By the way, have you any numbers regarding the relation of Not-corroborated-tickets to guilty tickets?

Somehow the question I read, didn't get answered properly I guess: 

17 hours ago, g3v0 said:

Maybe add a check to not automatically dismiss Avoiding AFK tickets if the accused player has an abnormally low APM?

One thing is probably true: Having a report against someone who's level 1 at 40 min, is probably at least worth a look. So from this perspective, it could make sense to put in an exception.
However there has to be a line somewhere - what if he would get level 2? What about level 5? When should it stop? People would probably find out that border eventually leaving the system useless. Also putting the line too high will cause wrongful reports for people simply too bad to get higher levels (or simply supports that - dependant on playstyle - tend to have lower levels).
And one other big reason: Tome of the Elements. After 40 minutes, it would probably instantly boost that player to level 10+.

But your suggestion was to make it based on APM.
Similar problems: Where's the line? 10? 20? 30 is probably too high already.
Also it's easy to just spam click for 2 minutes and reach high apms - you can even use a simple autoclicker reaching 4-digit apm for one minute will easily pass every border.

So you see, it's not that simple.
However the best solution is probably to find a couple of people who believe in the rap-system. If you can contact them after those games and just find a single one who's willing to report at the same time as you, you'll get those reports through and get rap-reputation so you can eventually report on your own! It shouldn't be hard to convince people that someone who's level 1 at 40 mins is avoiding afk 😉 .