Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

Posted (edited)

Given that no one decided to make this thread saddens me, since there are ton of anime watchers/lovers here. So without further ado, here you can talk which anime genre you like, what you're currently watching what you plan to watch and even give recommendations!

As for me I watch seasonal anime. The following is what I am currently watching:

Tower of god- pretty much the hype of the season ( Mc is a simp but can you blame him :D)

Gleipnir- Weird asf but good might be the GOAT of the season.

Avatar the last airbender- ( Old but recently came to Netflix so it sparked my nostalgia another GOAT.)

There are quite a few series airing but IMHO they are pretty boring and generic.

Edited by swagggmaster

I think this season is full of good anime series.

I'm watching 

• tower of god
  • gleipnir
  • princess reconnect
  • hamefura
  • yesterday no uwatte
  • Nami yo Kiitekure

Especially looking forward to watching hamefura and yesterday no uwatte every week. 

spacer.png

• 4 weeks later...

so here is my watchlist for current (ending) season:

- Gleipnir - a little strange, but if you dont mind a little fanservice (actualy a lot of), it is kinda ok

- Hamefura - isekai from a different PoV ?

- Arte

- Hachi-nan tee, sore wa nai deshou

- Tower of god

+ continuations from last season:

- Honzuki no Gekokujou

- Plunderer

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Rubidxx said:

deca dance is pretty good

first episode kinda looked like Darling in the Franxx, but in 2nd episode onward it turned into "GGO kind" of anime

but yes, it looks pretty good

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2020 at 4:39 AM, ElementUser said:

Can't believe nobody mentioned Haikyuu

I guess people here just have their preference over sport genre, good anime nonetheless.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

• 1 month later...

So, no one updates their anime list yet, don't they? We're reaching Fall Season guys.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

On 10/2/2020 at 4:09 PM, datfizh said:

So, no one updates their anime list yet, don't they? We're reaching Fall Season guys.

well, I am posting my "watchlist" for current season after 1-2 weeks, after I watch at least one episode, but this season will probably be a little more difficult as the group from which I was downloading the anime is shutting down due to covid

Edited by Ceriss

I am actually watching a few series this season:

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III ***( how to pick up girls in a dungeon season 3)

Jujutsu Kaisen ( looks pretty damn good top tier animation tbh & the story seems interesting)

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen****season 2  ( the irregular at magic high) currently rewatching season 1 because I can't really remember everything since it has been years since I first saw it.

Noblesse ( pretty much the one I was most looking forward to)

Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen **( saw the first ep and it doesn't look bad)

100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru ( As always there must be an isekai every season lol)

Ikebukuro West Gate Park (this also looks good) first ep wasn't bad.

Oh and R.I.P horrible subs we lost a real one bois.

Edited by swagggmaster

Hey, may I discuss King's Avatar here? Or should I create a new thread by title Donghua Discussion?

so here is a list of what I am watching this season

datfizh: of course you can discuss it here, dont create new thread for it.

Edited by Ceriss
  • 1 month later...

Let it be known that I have been watching anime since 2003 (not counting what I watched on tv as a kid).
So, my taste at this point is pretty nuanced I just watch the genres I like, mostly. And then eventually watch others if I hear good things or just feeling like something else.

Of the current anime season I am watching:

1. 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatte Iru

I would consider this one quite generic but on the acceptable spectrum of isekai. 

2. Danmachi 3rd season

If you're into anime you know why i'm watching this, i've given up on the shame  of watching ecchi anime and just watch it for the memes at this point.

3. Haikyuu!! To The top

A good adaptation of a sports shounen with good animation, it has dropped quite a bit from 1st season which was amazing but for todays standards it is still really good.

4. Kimi to Boku no Saigou no Senjou, Arui wa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen 
Yet another generic anime of the season, it is nothing special, nothing new either. But looks pretty and i'm into this kind of story anyway.

5. Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko

This is an isekai. But not a generic one story wise, YET. Plenty of its kind in manga/novel but animation wise isekai slice of life based anime isn't a trend yet(?). I read this manga so... my opinion is biased. Adaptation is pretty meh since it skips a lot of interactions between characters but still enjoyable. 

6. Mahouka 2nd season

Listen... I can explain... i'm a sucker for main characters who are badasses, not the Kirito kind of badass. The, I know what i'm doing kind. Animation is good, characters are good, story is really damn good (if you dwell into Novel you know what i'm talking about). Anime onlys beware, shit gets even better.

7. Noblesse

I have no idea why i'm watching this. I love the manhwa(korean manga name), but this is an actual shit adaptation with mediocre animation. Way too much was skipped and assumed that you'd watch the pre-released OVA and read the original holy texts? If you're watching this without reading the manhwa. Do yourself a favor... and wait until the anime ends so you won't get as disappointed with what they're doing.

8. The God's Avatar (Quan Zhi Gao Shou) -a chinese animation

Once again, i'm a sucker for badass characters and this is an actual somewhat realistic story. It is about a "retired" pro gamer, animation is pretty "eh", but character interactions make up for it really well. As well as story being overall a fun ride... and we are after all... in a games forum.

Honorable mentions of the current season which I am not watching yet but considering once they're done being released:

1.  Dragon Quest - Dai no Daibouken (2020)

Watched first episode seemed like fun.

2. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (2020)
Watched the "original" one, so maybe?

3. Iwa Kakeru! Sport Climbing Girls

Listen, I can explain! No, seriously. It seems like it could have decent character progress... but i'm kinda waiting on overall reviews since "slice of life" is pretty hit or miss for me.

4. Jujutsu Kaisen

Simillar to En En Shouboutai, it is a shounen of the current generation, I have no idea if i'll like it. But i've watched a lot of them through the years. Waiting on other peoples opinions or until I just feel like it animation looks good.

5.  Kuma Kuma Bear

I'll most likely get forced fed into watching this by my brother. I am not into "moe/kawaii" feels good anime.  It might not even be about that... but name is literally 3x Bear with a girl in a cute bear suit. So, 🤔... 

6.  Magatsu Wahrheit: Zuerst

A commercial about a phone game, err, I mean an adaptation about a phone game. These generally are garbage. Story or animation wise, no idea yet. Most likely skipping it.

7. Majo no Tabitabi

It seems to be about cute girls doing cute stuff, story might be good has good overall reviews? Then again... these all seem to. Not my genre preference but... maybe i'll feel cute someday. (◕‿◕✿)

8. Maou-jou de Oyasumi

I'm just surprised they haven't killed her. Seems like it could be fun.

9. Munou no Nana

This one i'll watch eventually, 100%. I've read part of the manga and adaptation seems good just haven't started yet.

10. Senyoku no Sigrdrifa

To be honest... it might actually be good, it might even be bad. I have no idea, it portraits itself as a cute girls doing war shit cutely. And I don't know how I feel about this after going through the suffering of Strike Witches and the amazeness of Youjo Senki.

11. Yuukoku no Moriarty

Apparently it is really good, bad guy POV of the classic Sherlock Holmes? I'll actually start watching this one tonight. Expected it to be just a random name but actually is based around Moriarty.

This is it lads, feel free to contact me regarding anime/manga. You can reach me on HoN discord under same nickname. 

Edited by xtinker
  • Thanks 1

I like Noblesse and Jujutsu Kaisen so far, will definitely take a look at your list here!
Keep em coming!

[SGM] — Senior Game Master for Heroes of Newerth

Want to get in touch with an SGM?
Want to appeal your suspension?
 Click Click >
R.A.P helpdesk<