Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
MacroHard

Make Nitro Great Again

Posted (edited)

It seems there is no longer a strategy section of the forums.  :<

So I’m determined to get good at Nitro.  Like, really determined.

She is my new Blitz. Everyone complains when I pick her.  Everyone says she is the worst. The stats don’t lie, I guess.  That doesn’t matter to me.

I’m in love.  The kiting.  The range.  The power of siege.  Splash damage. Skill cap.  From the booms of her cannon to the roar of her motorcycle, she has it all.

I hear rumors of reworks or buffs incoming.  What do you think is going to happen?  Any successful Nitro players out there willing to give some tips?

❤️❤️❤️

She is beautiful

Rolling by with guns ablaze

Bullets pierce my heart

Edited by MacroHard
  • Like 3

Toxicity breeds toxicity.  Break the cycle.

14 minutes ago, TruLeLiLoLOL said:

She is very likely gonna turn into an auto-attack hero next patch, so i'd say just give up for now 😄 

Make that a 100% chance. Sorry but her concept is a plague to HoN since its inception & can't be balanced without it having such a bias to Nitro veterans with an above-average connection.

She will still be able to do everything in your original post though, just a lot more fairly.

• Like 1

That's a nice coincidence LOL.

I was thinking about nitro yesterday when i saw her winning % 

My idea was exactly to make her auto attack hero (get rid of her W entirely, and rework it) and just add to her auto-attack her Q, so she can do both, auto attack and shoot the cannon at the same time.

With a winrate of 28% and about 50 Matches I guess I'm more an average player than a successful one with her.

One thing I found out recently: If you do Kongor, detaching Mauser can get you in a nasty trap. You can't use your range cause you'll miss. Placing Nitro near him brings the risk of catching his thrown rock, with low chances of attaching mauser AND juking the rock just in time.

I like the Elder Parasite and Riftshards build on her. Slow with E, pop the Elder, put Q on Auto and have some fun! 🤡

Don't underestimate Mauser in the early. If your having a gank in your lane, just keep following and attacking. Most times you won't make it in time, if you reattach him and since your range is reduced you have to overcome even more distance to get back in range.

Though I started playing her with no serious intentions I enjoy the fresh design, the entertaining voice acting and the feeling of playing an absolute niche hero. 😁

I would prefer adjusting through numbers though. Nevertheless I am excited to see her new design live and am very curious about her performance, especially if the rework is merciful enough to increase her picks by at leat half of her actual ones.

On 5/19/2020 at 11:56 AM, MacroHard said:

It seems there is no longer a strategy section of the forums.  :<

So I’m determined to get good at Nitro.  Like, really determined.

She is my new Blitz. Everyone complains when I pick her.  Everyone says she is the worst. The stats don’t lie, I guess.  That doesn’t matter to me.

I’m in love.  The kiting.  The range.  The power of siege.  Splash damage. Skill cap.  From the booms of her cannon to the roar of her motorcycle, she has it all.

I hear rumors of reworks or buffs incoming.  What do you think is going to happen?  Any successful Nitro players out there willing to give some tips?

❤️❤️❤️

She is beautiful

Rolling by with guns ablaze

Bullets piece my heart

I take it you have not played vs a good nitro player, the hero is just dumb, and was broken until EU fixed her, full on evasion did alot of damage with little to no items, heck she could even attack you while running away.