Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

I cant Private message people, so i'm going to try to explain this better for you all.

killing a high priority hero rewards little reward specifically during the early game. That hero is back in lane completely refreshed 15 seconds later. In the perspective as a carry, if you recieve ganks from your team mates result in little to no gain. Thus the same problem persists, your immediately boxed back out and probably lost lane control due to the gank. In order for the previous gank to be successful you have to have more then one gank or immediate kill after, and this has to result in a kill or your team is 100% wasting time while the enemy teams mid/short gets ff or sets up counter ganks.

Increasing the reward for killing high priority targets would do the following.

1. Relieve stress when it's 10 minutes in and have no foreseeable way to come back. People rage at eachother GAMES OVER WE CANT EVEN JUNGLE LANE ETC ETC.

2. Promote safer game play from heroes with kill streaks, which in turn would reward HIGHER skilled/patient players.

3. Reward players for outplaying farmed heroes.

4. Promote teamwork from heroes with high net worth; vice-versa.

5. Give jungle a chance to support the losing carry lane by ganking, right now if the jungle ganks the only player that profits if it's successful is the jungler. As the lane that he ganks probably lost lane control as I said many times before.

6. Would not affect high TMM. As high TMM would never see the day where you're going to lane ur carry vs a difficult match up or be put in this situation as everyone is equally skilled.

7. UN-BOOST BOOSTED ANIMALS, medium skilled players who queue together can beat high skilled players because they can abuse the fact, there is little recovery for a bad lane. For example, if i'm pink and forced to first pick,  and pick silho. Enemy team picks pris pyro dual lane. My team does not say anything, goes a jungler and dual offlane.

10 minutes in I have little farm but doing well 0-1 or something.

they tower dive and I kill them both. No HP OR MANA gain little gold gain little exp and gain no time to recover. Game is still over because I cant farm my lane after that.

or what if my dual lane top gets completely whacked. I'm doing great against the dual lane bot as a solo lane, I can't go help top because it does not reward me enough if I do end up killing something.

__

last one was a bit of ranting, but if you can't understand how much it stings to lose to players who are worse then you because there is no way for you to recover after your team fails. Then quite frankly I don't think you're very good at this game, or the one whose in 4 queues, cancer dual queues etc. 

You already get increased Kill Bounty for killing such a hero & even more because their average GPM is higher than the game's average GPM. So that's a 2x factor in increased kill bounty - just FYI.

I agree the bounty is not a joke currently. However when it's early game its just not enough. They need to have increased respawn timers at least. Maybe another solution would be more fitting, i'm just suggesting that something be changed with the way early game kills work, to increase recovery from a failing lane or failing game.

Posted (edited)

Arguments don't really seem compelling enough for me & I believe it definitely has some bias.

I can let this discussion thread go on for a bit and get input from other players again, but I doubt anything will change.

Edited by ElementUser

2 hours ago, magicgirlj said:

6. Would not affect high TMM [...] as everyone is equally skilled.

hahaha, i had to laugh a bit 😄

regarding that last argument, somehow you seem to always be the one doing good huh? 😄

3 hours ago, magicgirlj said:

As high TMM would never see the day where you're going to lane ur carry vs a difficult match up or be put in this situation as everyone is equally skilled.

Have you ever seen a "high" TMM game?

I feel like your vision of what this game should be is very skewed compared to that of the majority of the player base, which is fine. All perspectives and opinions are valuable and worth debating. I've touched the subject before, so I won't argue further, but I will say that I peronally disagree with your views and I think most of the community do too.

Posted (edited)

Hey, relax I make mistakes, argue the points. Good players aren't going to let a lane get dominated unless its intended nor would a player be out of position enough to feed unnecessary kills meaning kill streaks in the early game. This is more referring towards when you're solo queueing and have to carry 4 players who are worse then the enemy  but you your self are better, giving a chance for come backs when games are 15 minute cc. Im not here to argue if i'm the better player, because I have been the person to die out of position and i'm sure you have as well. Its the opportunity to be able to win when you're at a huge early deficit because the punishment for dieing as an offlaner is non existent during early game. In my other post I did declare that it would impact other excelling lanes that don't necessarily  deserve a longer setback. 

When you play a lane like Magmus/Engi, then think you're something special when killing  a 500 hp hero 3 times in 4 minutes is what i consider something special XD; but yeah you shouldn't die that much, but yeah you shouldn't be losing ur kill streak when that ahead.

kind of worded wrong, but its hard to explain to with out in game examples, which perhaps I should collect.

Edited by magicgirlj

Posted (edited)

okay, 4 well known players vs 4 well known players. old 1900s vs old 1900s. a game where the match isn't skewed by random silvers picking the worst heroes imaginable then forcing bad lane options and/or unnecessary feeding during laning phase.

I think it's also important to note this is from the perspective of a NA solo queue player and eu does have a significantly higher skill margin/less boosted trash.

I've been trying not to do this however my options are limited when you're asking about the integrity of my own skill.

IvE BeeN 1900 bEfORe meAns Im STill gOod. I don't have any screen shots unfortunately, but anyone old NA can agree to this and btw; i'm disgusted for having to use that argument now. As this is more of a thread where I thought people would agree, however i'm getting feed back from people who think they're a bag of Sweets on valentines day when they beat a bunch of silvers with a cheesey combo, and not actual skill.

I imagine thread aside, you're the type of person who flames Russians for no reason, cry to your friends "I got bad players on my team come 4 queue." and your shitty squad probably in agreeance go a magmus engi combo lane; kill the guy with the purple name tag whose solo and has a bad draft. You end up diving and dieing because you're playing like an animal overly aggressive. You think to your self "I actually hate this guy i'm friends with." literally 15 seconds later with little penalty your back in lane being an animal.

My suggestion is, your back 30 seconds or even 40 seconds later then you would learn Hey maybe next time I wont be a fucking monkey and risk this guy out playing me so you'd instead take a safer approach to your aggression. 

Edited by magicgirlj

I think this whole rant of yours says a lot more about you than anyone else.

Posted (edited)

In any game with competent players, it's called adapting. If all 3 of your lanes are beaten, does that mean you auto-lose? Not necessarily. It normally does, but your team can come back with a few picks.

If you're getting continuously killed each time you come back in lane, perhaps don't go back to the lane? Do something else (clear neutrals, try to gank another lane, lane somewhere else, ask for a lane swap, etc.). There are times when a lane is clearly a lost cause & players have to adapt through other means. Then when they get the kill streak back on the guys who killed them later on, it's sweet revenge with a hefty reward. There is also something called Lane Wards.

This is HoN/MOBA 101 and shouldn't have had to be said.

Edited by ElementUser
  • Like 1

And I agree ElementUser!

However their are situations when all match ups are bad. Specifically when you're solo queued, its hard to communicate that to players that simply don't understand the game. Whenever I feel that it is simply impossible for me to do anything I grab a tp and go to the offlane to get farm. 

The problem with this lands now I require help in dealing with the enemy carry/support chances are my ofrlane is very upset with me and will almost always refuse to help instead immediately tp to the lane i just left.

Is it better to do this? or stay in the lane I'm having trouble dealing with?

What about when the offlane is just as bad as the shortlane?

The only jungle camp you can farm is the one next to the tower, its gold yea, but in reality you need it to pull. If you have a douche jungler chances are your not going to get any jungle camps either and if hes bad at the game you're essentially playing a lost game.

and if you dont have a jungler, you may end up with a couple of camps.

Anyway  I feel like thats off topic.

The point is when you're in these kind of situations where the game is completely in the enemy teams favor it would be more relieving to know that you still have a chance when killing them. When farming is simply not an option anymore. I've already made my arguments that support this.