Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

Social HoNiversary: Discussion

kxJdGiw.png

This is the main discussion thread for entries related to HoNiversary.

Consider this the "General Discussion" area.

Please note: Standard Forum rules apply.

To reference a thread and/or post, simply right-click the post link and hit "copy link address button" and paste it into a reply here. The forum will automagically create a preview for the content.

Spoiler

LPeYlxe.png

Edited by Sliferjam
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now that the Dream Meme is over, I will post here other ideas I had for the @CuysauruS template. I hope you enjoy these as well haha  

WIP of the FA. The portrait version is probably complete, I might do small tweaks, I don't know. I tried reassembling the parts into a 1080p . I will still work a bit on this version. I thin

Progressing with my FA, here's the WIP for now.  

I wanna apologize to wonderful people like @swagggmaster:

4 hours ago, swagggmaster said:

I was also part of the MOD team, can't believe you didn't mention me @Manu311?

I know I had contact with quite a lot more people than I mentioned. But I wanted to specially mention those that I had a lot of direct contact with.
It has nothing to do with who I respect or who I could remember ? . E.g. we have the same favorite SGM ? - but I never really had any contact with him outside of public forum posts, so I didn't list him either.
Just everyone who has been an active SBT, RCT, Mod for longer than a month, while I was in that particular group, feel mentioned ? . Oh and of course @staff ? .

I'm not gonna edit that list since those are the people that had a noticeable, direct and personal impact on my HoN-story.

• Like 1

Remember guys... for the meme thread do not put your own text (unless it’s a set up).  It’s supposed to be a blank template for other people to add text to later!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Toxicity breeds toxicity.  Break the cycle.

@KaraiPyhare I was trying to find mad max references but in the end thought they were too obscure.  The only one that is well known is “two enter, one leaves” but that didn’t fit any of Nitro’s abilities!

I settled on some Fast and Furious.  ?

Toxicity breeds toxicity.  Break the cycle.

5 minutes ago, LaLiToX said:

hey, theres a 25% discounts on gold/silver, but its only working for the gold prices, and actually not all of them, it will get fixed or it just delayed? 

The silver price is bugged so instead they are increasing silver rewards from 4x to 5x according to EU's post.

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

10 minutes ago, GucciKD said:

Mine is more about a community than the actual game.

Hide contents

As stated before I story about HoN is more about the community than the actual game.

Last autumn/fall I was very disappointed with the comunity itself getting smaller and smaller and the constant frustration in the game with leavers, trolls and smurfs. I was very close to just end this chapter of my life after many years and lots of good and bad memories. One or two monthsbefore i seriously thought about leaving the game I applied for the RCT (Retail Candidate Testers) with not really much hope to get. Just in time when I was frustrated enough to leave the game I saw a message popping up in the forums. When I checked the message I saw it was already a couple of weeks old. But good news! I got accepted into RCT but also I was a couple of weeks late and just missed the testing cycle... so I thought I messed up my RCT experience before it actually began. They welcomed me anyway. And today I have to say it was one of my best decisions ever. At beginning I was really insecure cause I didn't know anything about the testing and how it works. Sure, there is the forums with some help... but practically is something different. The tester welcomed me, showe me around and helped me wherever they could, especially @Lightwalker has always been there if I had question (oh boy I had a lot, or at least it felt like it). So I take this post as a chance to thanks everyone in the @RCTBot community for their help, the fun we have in the game, the tryharding and just the presence of all the nice people around. Thanks @Orlaw (who accepted me into RCT?) my two co-helper @zaharus and @MerlienX with hosting games and helping new testers and of course also the testers itself @``Luishas @RV (See, I tagged you) @LaLiToX and many others. I mean there would be too many to name them all. Thanks to all of you!

Second thing was the HoNReborn tournament. I didn't have a team and most of my friends in HoN haven't been online for 1-2 years. I wanted to play the tournament anyway and wrote a short message in the chat. StiX hit me up on discord and asked me for a test game cause they were missing someone. I was happy enough that someone actually responded but now I was playing with them and I had a blast. We had so much fun, won most of our games and felt ready for the tournament. We stomped our enemies in the first round but knew we would be fucked against WolvesEsports. We got rekt so badly. But we had so much fun. I didn't have that much fun during HoN in a competitive game in a while and we were laughing during the game even when we lost hard. Looking forward to the next tournament we play. It is fun with you guys! @SuperstarDJs

So in conclusion my experience in HoN has changed a lot in the last few months. In a depressing and frustrating phase of HoN I found a new community and new friends in RCT and now a new team to play competitive. Thank you all very much. Means a lot to me!

This is for @GucciKD!

With every living cell in my body, with every breath I've taken since I knew you, I am truly sorry for not tagging you in my post of HoNiversary. I hope you can forgive for I am truly sorry, and know that you will always have a special place in my heart my dear new online best friend! ❤️

@MacroHard that meme template reminds me of the old days, "Oh the servers aren't working but funny I can still use my credit card" when people don't understand how separation of services works.

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

Hello, does anyone know how to claim the silver coins for playing certain amount of games? I've played 10 midwars games but didn't get the 250 silver reward. 

Thanks.

Edit: Didn't get my login reward today,  anyone knows what's up?

Edited by midcarryfeed

Hi guys. As an old hon player i would just like to thank youll for the awesome events. Love it! 

Wanted to quickly ask how to get the 200 silver? The avatars came through but nothing yet for that? is it a code or something?

Thanks guys <3

• Thanks 1

Hello, regarding the artistic section i have 2 questions:
- Saying drawings shall be ours, you mean we cant use preexisting faces of heroes on our image? They have to be drawn from scratch?
- Can someone post 2 drawings?
Thanx in advance