New Forum Layout

29 minutes ago, Tartalacame said:

Is it possible to alter the "Follow Topic" email to not count our own posts ?

When you follow a thread, your own post provoke an email sent to notify us that "someone has posted in a thread you are following".

I'm like, yeah I know, it was me.

And I'm not talking only about the "send notification every post"
If I'm the only one that posted in a day, I will still receive a daily summary including only my own post.

Try finding an option in the Notifications settings for your account: https://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/index.php?/notifications/options/

I don't know about specifically your option, since I turn everything off as I check the forums often enough. In general, I am not a fan of email notifications for posts from any discussion board.

Edited by ElementUser
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good Job guys. Just wanted to make this thread to appreciate the work and the effort that you put up to keep our beloved game running smoothly and up to date " despite all the challenges ".  Keep

Dinosaur here. I'm sad to see the old forums go, all the history of them, however I am happy to see that they have finally gotten updated for a newer crowd.  They look and feel slick, much l

Nice! And it's also faster, good job.

@ElementUser

I get that. I since changed them. But it's still weird that our own posts trigger a notification warning.

I had notification enabled for my post in Balance Forum for an email 1/day.
On a given day, I did reply to a previous post. I was the only post in that thread for the day.
I did receive an email notification at the end of the day "Hey Tartalacame, someone posted in your thread : it was Tartalacame!"

Similarly, before I figured about the effect of "following" a thread, I was setup for "every post" notification. Well, again, if you post in such a thread, your own post will pop up a notification each time. I don't think that's an intended behavior.

On 4/24/2020 at 4:18 AM, _sIPo_ said:

But why clean the threads in the mod section?

There has been nothing that has been transferred automatically. Every post/thread you recall from the old forum has been transferred manually!

You should still be able to find old threads via way-back-machine or similar tools. Feel free to re-create old threads with mods that are still working.

12 minutes ago, zerkul said:

A suggestion for the forum (don't know is this is the right place): a way to see if a FB-staff member have replied to a thread, like on the old forum. That was nice to have ? 

You could always just follow Staff Members on their account profile for the time being.

Edited by ElementUser
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, ElementUser said:

You could always just follow Staff Members on their account profile for the time being.

That is true. But it wouldn't give me the same as before. It was nice to be able to see with a glance if a staff member had replied to a thread (and thus most likely provided a solution) in ie GD. If I follow all of them, I guess i'll get notifications on every topic in every sub-forum?