Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
Sliferjam

HoNiversary: The Masterpiece [COMPETITION EXTENDED]

Posted (edited)

2o68dqB.png

~

** UPDATE **

We have extended the due date to September 2nd (9/2/2020) - this is an ADDITIONAL 2 months to work on your pieces.

We have also changed the prize pool to 10,000 gold PER artwork that meets "loading screen" selection. Max 2 submissions.

~

In celebration of our elite artists, you finally have an entire thread dedicated to you.

We encourage people to post their HoN Masterpieces. They can be drawn in celebration of this thread, or previous artworks you have made.

They MUST be original, and they MUST be your own. You WILL be asked to present proof, so please do not claim artwork of your own. Your post will be deleted and you will be disqualified from the HoNiversary Sub-forum.

Do NOT discuss entries posted in this thread, see end post for the socials link.

** NOTE IF YOU ARE NOT TALENTED, ARTISTICALLY CHALLENGED, HEAD HERE: **

Rules:

There are a few rules:

1. Artwork MUST be your own.
  2. You MUST be able to provide proof. (do not take requests personally, we need to verify entries)
  3. Judging will be sole discretion of Admins.
  4. Submissions MUST BE majority hand drawn. No Photoshop/mobile app "editing" PLEASE.
  5. Note these rules may change.

Prizes:

The  prizes will be used in our Loading Screens. We will ask you to watermark your image (with/without your username, your choice) and have your artwork immortalised in-game.

Any Selected Art:

10,000 Gold coins

** This thread is for Entries Only. To discuss entries, head here**

Disqualifications carry heavy consequences. Anyone infracted/banned on these threads will have their access to HoNiversary Subforum removed - you've been warned!

Edited by Sliferjam

Posted (edited)

Peeps, just so we 100% clear.

We are expecting things like this:

Spoiler

JwHesis.jpg

or this:

Spoiler

MWXvghu.png

.. So have a real good think: Does my artwork look like this:

Spoiler

ND9lz37.jpg

NOT like this:

Spoiler

d3aq8tz-9101d58f-8e2b-4153-9460-7ce51288

sorrynotsorry if you own this.

THINK before you post!

We expect atleast 80% of your actual artwork to be drawn, not photoshopped!

Edited by Sliferjam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/1/2020 at 1:09 AM, Sliferjam said:

Not long til this closes!

When will the results be?

6 hours ago, `Mazda said:

When will the results be?

We are extending it a little bit longer we have had a few requests.

Also your image isn't a loading screen format, it needs to be 1920*1080p (sorry if that wasn't stated in OP, thought it was implied - can you extend your background out to fit the res)

On 9/4/2020 at 12:03 AM, Sliferjam said:

Also your image isn't a loading screen format, it needs to be 1920*1080p (sorry if that wasn't stated in OP, thought it was implied - can you extend your background out to fit the res)

spacer.png

Edited by `Mazda
  • Like 2

On 9/4/2020 at 12:03 AM, Sliferjam said:

Does my drawing now comply with the competition rules?
When will the results of the competition be?

Just so everyone is aware, I will still be giving out prizes as consolation for entering.

Only those that get approved as a loading screen will net the 10k prize. Not everyone and not necessarily anyone will be chosen.

I've recently had someone on reddit submit this as fan art, unaware of the competition (she's from SEA and illegible anyway) but this is the quality and standard that will get you a shot on the loading screen. Please do not be offended if your picture is not chosen, we have a strict bar.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12j6nOE2N7DRKlWBmvUMvDoK3P5UkMaHK/view

P.S final warning to change the resolution to 1080p if you're serious about this competition.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sliferjam said:

Just so everyone is aware, I will still be giving out prizes as consolation for entering.

Only those that get approved as a loading screen will net the 10k prize. Not everyone and not necessarily anyone will be chosen.

I've recently had someone on reddit submit this as fan art, unaware of the competition (she's from SEA and illegible anyway) but this is the quality and standard that will get you a shot on the loading screen. Please do not be offended if your picture is not chosen, we have a strict bar.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12j6nOE2N7DRKlWBmvUMvDoK3P5UkMaHK/view

P.S final warning to change the resolution to 1080p if you're serious about this competition.

Does my style fit at all am I taking part in the competition?

So much work lately I forgot about this thread lol. I hadn't much time to work on my piece, but since I did it, I'll post anyway.

The 1080p version:

Spoiler

spacer.png

Since originally this competition didn't have any defined format, I started it as a portrait. I was planning to do it more like a wallpaper for cellphone haha

Anyway, here's the original:

Spoiler

spacer.png

• Like 4

spacer.png

Drawn by hand completely from 0.
No outlining from original image.

Original:

Spoiler

spacer.png

Edited by `Mazda
  • Like 1

Hi Guys.

So a lot has happened. I had a death in the family, I got married and I'm about to take a week offline on a mini-moon (not a fully honeymoon, but a remote cabin experience).As far as this competition goes, I just wanted to make something clear as you read the results.

ANY SELECTED ART: 10k Gold Coins.

To avoid disappointment, I needed to make this clear: The resolution HAS to be 1080p for starters, and the level of drawing had to be of the highest standard and it had to have detail with an immersive background. Our crew has agreed and have selected nettocap's picture to be showcased as a revolving loading screen in the December patch alongside another redditor that posted their submission to me.

I don't think it's fair that people gave an honest attempt, so I've awarded you with Gold Coins for your efforts in submissions.

*IMPORTANT UPDATE*

Management have held a discussion and have decided to revisit voting in favour of including `Mazda's second submission as the second winning entry and will also receive the prizepool of 10k Gold Coins as well as be showcased as a Heroes of Newerth Loading Screen. Congrtulations!

We are running another HoNmas competition; this time it will be a Winter Wonderland theme.

Cheers.

Edited by Sliferjam
  • Like 2