Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
tryshuk

Arachna's broken Webbed shot

I just had a fight against arachna in mid and realize how broken is Webbed Shot, when u get hit by this "ability" nor only the creeps won't trigger the attacks on the hero, either the tower. So playing with arachna is just as easy as push and attack the enemy hero safetly under his tower, cause neither the creeps or tower will attack you.

This would be no problem if this skill had some colddown but is not, and given that arachna is one of the most porwerfull base attack hero, this is crearly unbalanced, even worse this pseudo basic attack breaks some rules of the game.

Hope this would be fixed soon.

That's intended.

If we want it to be nerfed, we can potentially give it a cooldown on the earlier levels again.

Spells don't "aggro" (trigger) the attack of a tower. Arachna's Q included.

Arachna was balanced way back by having a slow base movement speed and about 450 or 350 range. For whatever reason that range is again increased back to 600. Personally, I think arachna was fine, 600 range is a bit too powerful IMO.

• Confused 1

Drow/Viper was maybe 550 range at the lowest. To my knowledge they were 600 back in wc3 dota. 

To my knowledge, Arachna has always had 600 attack range. 

I can confirm that Arachna has always had a 600 base range in HoN.

I don't think there's an issue with it, its one of her few real advantages in lane and without a stun she can't actually kill you.

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hubaris said:

[...] and without a stun she can't actually kill you.

i straightup disagree.

she has a slow that rivals any other slow in numbers and duration as she can continously reapply it. it deals bonus physical dot damge which prevents you from using potions or a bottle to counter heal. it drops not only your movement but also attackspeed. it circumvents ANY aggro gain if used manually and it also defies range breaks as normal attacks would have happen as it is considered an ability and therefor has an increased toleration radius (not sure how else to discribe this). the hero EASILY shuts you down 1v1 unless it is played utterly terrible and she can easily self sustain with a single mana potion which means nothing if in return she receives a free and uncontested lane.
i would agree had you said that it scales poorly into lategame (which it does as a hero concept due to how much she is single target designed) but her kit allows for a fairly easy early game laning experience. don't forget that she also has shit tons of magic armor she can apply to herself for a certain duration, pluse a passive damage buff.

looking at silhouette and how she sat at 350 or 400 attackrange for such a long time because she had a stacking damage passive (which was not even THAT overwhelming compared to the rest of her terrible early game stats) i have wondered why arachna did not have her attackrange being punished. ESPECIALLY now after her aura grants true strike on level 4...

completely circumventing certain passives (literally shutting them down ontop of providing an insane damage potential not even mentioning a 5600 item (wingbow). and its NOT an ultimate!

in my personal oppinion arachna is NOT THAT good, but her early level attackrange IS frustrating as she can cast Webbed Shot at her max range with high range tolerancy and fall back again due to the insanely short cast action duration, not even allowing certain heroes with the exact same attack range to retaliate.

If you are skilled enough you can harass another 600 units base attack range hero out of their lane without taking a single hit due to the mechanics of Webbed Shot.

I would even provide a Match ID of when I did just that if I still knew when that was and on which sub, couple months have passed by since that incident and I decided to never play that annoying ass hero again after that. I had even brought it up on the old forums but I got shut down very quickly. I am glad someone else now mentioned it so I could vent my frustration about that hero a bit.

Sorry for that wall of text rant but I finally had to get it off my chest.

Edited by merryhonmas

Doesn't the same apply to Vindicator? I suppose the slow aspect of Ara's Q is more annoying.

2 minutes ago, TehNubZar said:

Doesn't the same apply to Vindicator? I suppose the slow aspect of Ara's Q is more annoying.

It should.

vindis q has too high mana cost to be efficient if you want to spam it so it does not compare mechanically to arachnas webbed shot

and his "passive" is not as powerful before lategame when he is fed either.

he has different mechanics that can be strong but the hero in most situations won't be able to contest most 1v1 lanes as succesful as arachna does.

hitting arachnas mana cost on q is a good way (as it would appear to be the case with the patch notes) but i hope they also punish its cast range at earlier levels.

aka her attack range.

similar to flints dead eye arachnas webbed shot could increase her attackrange while being active and her base attackrange could be set to 400 and with the ability being level 4 and activated it would be 600 again.

that would CERTAINLY maintain her powerlevel mid and lategame while simultaneously smacking her on the cheek for being a cheap ass hero in early game :'D