Staff of the Master - Suggestions Thread

Warchief SoTM Suggestion for W + E

Current

Spirit Walk (W) - Channel to spawn an invulnerable Spirit and transfer control to it for up to 3.5 seconds.

The Spirit can pass through all terrain except cliffs, and deals 75 / 150 / 225 / 300 Magic Damage and applies a 35% Movement Speed Slow for 2.5 seconds to enemies it passes through.

Activating this ability again teleports Warchief to the Spirit and dispels it. A secondary activation simply ends the effect early.

Boosted

Spirit Projection (W) - Channel to spawn an invulnerable Spirit and transfer control to it for up to 3.5 seconds.

The Spirit can pass through all terrain including cliffs, and deals 75 / 150 / 225 / 300 Magic Damage and applies a 35% Movement Speed Slow for 2.5 seconds to enemies it passes through.

Activating this ability again teleports Warchief to the Spirit and dispels it. A secondary activation simply ends the effect early.

Current

Power of the Elders (E) - Passively adds bonus damage equal to 1/1.5/2/2.5x your Intelligence to your next attack against enemy units when off cooldown.  

Boosted

Blood of the Ancestors (E) - Passively adds bonus damage equal to 1/1.5/2/2.5x your Intelligence to your next attack or ability against enemy units when off cooldown. Maximum of 2 charges stored. Charges refresh every 8 seconds. 

My thoughts : Warchief's ultimate while very strong is also very boring, and I felt it would be more appropriate to play with his other abilities instead of enhancing that. This staff effect adds some flavor to Warchief's W by giving him everything-walking with his spirit, allowing for some different playstyles. It also adds a unique interaction to his E allowing it to be triggered off abilities as well as attacks and allows him to store 2 charges.

This should stand as a solid pickup on it's own, as buying it 1st slot would provide a good midgame power spike from the damage increase of E and added mobility from W. Should a Warchief choose to forgo it for other items, it would still be a good investment of 2500 gold from a teammate even in the mid to late game. 

Edited by _apotheosis_
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally have some time to go through some SotM suggestions from this thread & I'm sure some of them will show up in the next patch & in the future!    The contributions here will eve

^ That staff effect being broken balance wise aside, that gameplay is just unfun for everyone involved imo. Being incentivized to drop everything on the ground then comeback to pick them up later, urr

1) halfed cooldown (or more), doubled max range (almost), exponentially increasing attackspeed, inheriting movement mechanics.... if this were a "choose one" thing, fine, but this is ridiculously brok

Thank you for all the serious posts here - some of the effects from this thread have been implemented into the game.

Due to the announcement regarding HoN's closure, this thread is of little significance to me, so I have archived it.