Staff of the Master - Suggestions Thread

Just now, fid1 said:

The stuff I listed counters Shrunken head. Bola goes through shrunken, using storm spirit on self stops warbeast, void talisman can't be countered unless he buys harkons which would be very late game while supports can use it early game because it's cheap. They can also just simply TP away right on sight like most people do when bloodhunter ultimates them because he doesn't have a stun. There's so many ways to stall out the time warbeast has on his ultimate before he becomes useless. 

I don't get why he can't get a staff of the master where once he kills someone he can get an extra 5 seconds or something to his ultimate. A lot of other heroes with OP buffs like beserker or madman can keep on going reaping the benefits as long as they get hero kills.

War Beast ultimate can also be used for anything else than chasing the enemy, such as escaping from his opponent, moving from one lane to another, and anything as long as it's worth to use the ultimate on War Beast. So, there is no limit to the ultimate to only be used as a tool to chase the enemy.

Berzerker's effect is limited to target and the madman's ultimate requires Staff and it only grants attack speed.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally have some time to go through some SotM suggestions from this thread & I'm sure some of them will show up in the next patch & in the future!    The contributions here will eve

^ That staff effect being broken balance wise aside, that gameplay is just unfun for everyone involved imo. Being incentivized to drop everything on the ground then comeback to pick them up later, urr

1) halfed cooldown (or more), doubled max range (almost), exponentially increasing attackspeed, inheriting movement mechanics.... if this were a "choose one" thing, fine, but this is ridiculously brok

2 hours ago, datfizh said:

War Beast ultimate can also be used for anything else than chasing the enemy, such as escaping from his opponent, moving from one lane to another, and anything as long as it's worth to use the ultimate on War Beast. So, there is no limit to the ultimate to only be used as a tool to chase the enemy.

Berzerker's effect is limited to target and the madman's ultimate requires Staff and it only grants attack speed.

The only things a Warbeast uses his ultimate on is escaping, fleeing, or doing kong, so there's not really a lot of things to do with it. No person who plays Warbeast uses his ultimate as a travelling tool for farming, atleast not any good one wouldn't. He wouldn't be able to go for kills or run away from ganks. Like any other jungler/farming hero, he would need to be able to stop farming and be able to TP in and fight, so he wouldn't waste his ultimate which has a 1+ minute cooldown on using it to go to different lanes. 

I don't know what you mean by beserker's effect is limited to target and madman's ultimate requires Staff. I was talking about the on-kill effect that increases the duration of their ability (e.g. Beserker kill or madmn = longer ultimate effect), which would be very useful for Warbeast as a staff effect and isn't overpowered at all. 

20 minutes ago, fid1 said:

The only things a Warbeast uses his ultimate on is escaping, fleeing, or doing kong, so there's not really a lot of things to do with it. No person who plays Warbeast uses his ultimate as a travelling tool for farming, atleast not any good one wouldn't. He wouldn't be able to go for kills or run away from ganks. Like any other jungler/farming hero, he would need to be able to stop farming and be able to TP in and fight, so he wouldn't waste his ultimate which has a 1+ minute cooldown on using it to go to different lanes. 

I don't know what you mean by beserker's effect is limited to target and madman's ultimate requires Staff. I was talking about the on-kill effect that increases the duration of their ability (e.g. Beserker kill or madmn = longer ultimate effect), which would be very useful for Warbeast as a staff effect and isn't overpowered at all. 

Okay, I was wrong on Berzerker part but Berzerker definitely doesn't add movement speed unlike War Beast and he has drawback that is increased damage.

I agree on your statement about War Beast player wouldn't using the ultimate solely to move from one lane to others. The scenario I meant in that case is if he already activate the ultimate to chase the hero or escape the gank so at least he could move to other lane if he's done on that (either fail or success on chasing the enemy).

Even if War Beast's Staff you propose seems not overpowered as you claimed, I'm sure it'll be frustrating to opposing team.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

Pearl

Every time a bubble pops, it stuns the enemy for 1.25 seconds.

When asphyxiate pops, the enemy is stunned in the same AOE.

when whirl bubble pops, enemies caught in it is stunned in an AOE.

When Preservation pops, enemies in it are stunned.

Gravekeeper

Every corpse that gravekeeper throws comes alive for 5 seconds as an uncontrollable zombie that follows and attacks it’s target.

Zombie

Health - 300

Damage - 23-34

Armor - 0.8

Movement Speed - 300

Attack Speed - 0.72

Corpse toss creates a zombie every time it hits an enemy.

Defiling touch creates a zombie every time it hits a target.

Skrap

Scavenge - Charges build 50% faster. Every morsel gives 2x the number of charges.

Warchief

Warcry - enemies in range of warchief’s warcry has their non-ultimate ability cooldowns go down 1.5x slower.

Forsaken Archer

Call Of The Damned now procs on abilities.

Call of the damned - chance increased to 20%

Nomad

When Wanderer charges are at 100 (max), Nomad passively gains 35 Movement Speed plus randomly gains sandstorm buffs for 1.5 seconds.

Night Hound

Invisibility(R) becomes an activatable ability.

Upon activating invisibility Night hound targets an enemy using smoke bomb with 100% effectiveness and pounce with 50% effectiveness which in turn procs backstab at 50% effectiveness all while he remains invisible.

Activating invisibility triggers both smoke bomb and pounce to go on cooldown for 2 seconds.

Mana cost : 0

Cooldown : 30 secs 

Gladiator
Flagellation(E)
The gladiator's whip can be activated on the button, strikes in the direction it looks (i.e., a blow without a creep), possibly with a reduced range if you think it's too cool.

2 hours ago, exfirer said:

Night Hound

Invisibility(R) becomes an activatable ability.

Upon activating invisibility Night hound targets an enemy using smoke bomb with 100% effectiveness and pounce with 50% effectiveness which in turn procs backstab at 50% effectiveness all while he remains invisible.

Activating invisibility triggers both smoke bomb and pounce to go on cooldown for 2 seconds.

Mana cost : 0

Cooldown : 30 secs 

are you high? xD
All of your suggestions are just so broken lmao.
Besides NH ult already has an activation, you can disable it...

spacer.png

Posted (edited)

MerryHONmas are you high?

This thread clearly states…..

- Does buying Staff of the Master nullify the hero's weakness?
- Does buying Staff of the Master enable the hero to reasonably play a different playstyle?
- Is Staff of the Master good enough to be considered 100% mandatory? If it is, there is likely a problem in your suggestion.
- Is it worth picking up Staff of the Master as a first core item? Or is it more suitable for a second/third core item?
- If an ally gives you the Master's Legacy boost, will it be worth it for them to dump +2500 Gold into it?
- Is it worth picking up Staff of the Master (4200 Gold) over other items of comparable cost?

Each of the highlighted points above are what I considered highly while creating all of the boost suggested above. And honestly, don’t you think blitz new staff of the master effect overpowered just a little? The double standard. If it is overpowered then don’t just condemn it but rather improve on it. Tell me if I said something wrong.

Also, if Night Hound’s R is activatable then use the passive (Back Stab)

Edited by exfirer
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, exfirer said:

MerryHONmas are you high?

This thread clearly states…..

- Does buying Staff of the Master nullify the hero's weakness?
- Does buying Staff of the Master enable the hero to reasonably play a different playstyle?
- Is Staff of the Master good enough to be considered 100% mandatory? If it is, there is likely a problem in your suggestion.
- Is it worth picking up Staff of the Master as a first core item? Or is it more suitable for a second/third core item?
- If an ally gives you the Master's Legacy boost, will it be worth it for them to dump +2500 Gold into it?
- Is it worth picking up Staff of the Master (4200 Gold) over other items of comparable cost?

Each of the highlighted points above are what I considered highly while creating all of the boost suggested above. And honestly, think blitz new staff of the master effect overpowered just a little? The double standard. If it is overpowered then don’t just condemn it but rather improve on it. Tell me if I said something wrong.

Also, if Night Hound’s R is activatable then use the passive (Back Stab)

Will respond later, but still, you are aiming too high to begin with.

Edited by MerryHONmas

spacer.png

Posted (edited)

Circe

OPTION 1
Doppelganger
 - reduce mana cost to 60 at all levels and reduce cooldown by 2 seconds. Illusions damage output increased to 40%.

Twisted Visage - now roots targeted enemy hero for full channel duration.

OR

OPTION 2
Twisted Visage - Target an enemy hero to root and channel for 2 seconds, creating 2 controllable illusions of the target that disappears after 20 seconds and deal 50% of the target’s damage. After channeling completes, you become a
 copy of the enemy hero including items and abilities for 20 seconds. While in this form, you deal 70 / 85 / 100% damage.

These 2 illusions receive 200% damage.

Edited by exfirer
Posted (edited)

Salomon
WISH FOR WEALTH (E)
Getting gold for killing a creep, salomon gets 1 charge of Golden fever
Each Golden Fever charge gives Salomon 2/3/4/5 running speed and 3/7/11/15 attack speed for 10 seconds, max 4 charges.
total 20 running speed and 60 attack speed
WISH FOR REVENGE (R)
Reduces skill cooldown to 30 seconds (now 40)
Salomon passively gains 4 charges while affected by WISH FOR REVENGE

Edited by Rage_100

Ravenor
POWER OVERWHELMING (R)
Passively converts your Attack Damage to Superior Magic and grants 12 charges when dealing ability damage or autoattack damage to an enemy hero.

Grants a bonus 0.5 / 1 / 1.5 Movement Speed per charge.
Grants an additional 0.5 / 1 / 1.5 Superior Magic Damage to your autoattacks.
Grant's a bonus 1 Attack Speed per charge.

Maximum of 80/120/160 charges, does not work on bosses.

Circe
TWISTED VISAGE (R)
When TWISTED VISAGE expires or dies under the effect of TWISTED VISAGE, you fall out of this illusion (as an Empath), while having the same health and mana pool as before you copied the hero

8 hours ago, exfirer said:

You need to explain this much better. I didn’t understand anything.

Thanks.

When you use the ultimate and transform into the selected hero and die, your hero drops out with the same health and mana that he had before turning into a hero, and does not die. Likewise with the end of the ultimate, you simply fall out of that copy

Posted (edited)

Simply put, you get double lives?

If that’s the case then what happens when players buy restoration stone on Circe?

Edited by exfirer
11 minutes ago, exfirer said:

Simply put, you get double lives?

If that’s the case then what happens when plays by restoration stone on Circe?

firstly, circe's ultimate has only 15 seconds, you can just bide it out, and secondly, no one bothers you to prevent Circe from pressing the ultimate, any stun, winds, you can just leave Circe while she uses the ultimate.
as a result, in order to bring your version to life, she will need a master's staff , a restoration stone, and at least a Shrunken head, so that she does not get knocked out of the ultimate

• 2 weeks later...

Warchief - SoTM

Global Range - Reduces all team cooldowns (including ultimate's, creeps and fortification) 3x faster.

Reduces all team Mana costs by 3/5/7% for the active duration. 

"Who just burned base protection..... OMG...."

Ichor - SOTM

Transfusion no longer ends while still in range with your target. 

Increases Healing Received by 15% and Reduces damage taken by 15% while transfusion is active.

Edited by MassDivide
  • 2 weeks later...

Nomad Staff

- Mirage/True strike now sends out illusions of Nomad that attack heroes within a a 500 AoE. Basically like myrmidon's magic carp but with illusions of Nomad sent out. 

- Wanderer

- Halves the distanced needed to travel for full critical charge.

Arachna staff change 

Imo her staff effect is pretty weird now and not very useful. I hardly ever see anyone staffing her and if they do she's never the first choice.

I suggest the effect is changed to "if the spiderlings target dies while the spiderlings is still alive it changes target to the closest visible enemy hero within 1k range and its number of attacks resets" (can probably be worded better but hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say). Could maybe even summon a second spiderling too that goes after another target. 

This would make Ara better in team fights since right now she is very single target focused.

11 hours ago, SupaPowaXXL said:

Arachna staff change 

Imo her staff effect is pretty weird now and not very useful. I hardly ever see anyone staffing her and if they do she's never the first choice.

I suggest the effect is changed to "if the spiderlings target dies while the spiderlings is still alive it changes target to the closest visible enemy hero within 1k range and its number of attacks resets" (can probably be worded better but hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say). Could maybe even summon a second spiderling too that goes after another target. 

This would make Ara better in team fights since right now she is very single target focused.

she needs to be nerfed
and her staff needs to be nerfed, it gives too much
here and a decrease in CD and throw range, and spiders and anti-blink

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Rage_100 said:

she needs to be nerfed
and her staff needs to be nerfed, it gives too much
here and a decrease in CD and throw range, and spiders and anti-blink

I don't mean keep all the good things from the current staff effect like increased range and shorter cd. 

What I'm suggesting is more of a rework of the staff effect.

Edited by SupaPowaXXL
Autocorrect

Amun-Ra staff:

If you die within 40 seconds after Pyroclasmic Rebirth has been cast, activates Pyroclasmic rebirth again. (only occur once so basically 2x revives).

Wildsoul staff:

Grants booboo's passives while in ranged form (current is pretty crap if I should be honest).

Rampage staff:

Grants Magic immunity when using Terrifying Charge

Gunblade staff:

Reduce cd by 10 seconds and increase from -7 armor  to -12 armor.

Ravenor staff:

Stormblades appear on 3 (or 4) attacks instead of 2.