Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

Staff of the Master - Suggestions Thread

Fayde (Yet Again) - Umbral Dance

After using Reflection, gain a subskill on R with 3 charges. Using a charge lets Fayde perform a 600 range blink strike on a target that triggers her Reflection damage and gives her 1 second of Shadow Walk.

After breaking the initial invisibility, the remaining charges last for X seconds or until they are all expired. Successive Umbral Dances after the first deal only Y% damage instead of the full amount.

This will give her an alternate initiation option as well as make her really slippery, playing into her fade into shadows idea. There's an issue where you sometimes have to lose the massive Reflection break damage to cover a gap with Burning Shadows so this should also help with that aspect. She will be able to strike backlines, move around and set up great line stuns instead of just relying on being a one and done hero. Additionally, it gives her some anti-tank properties, as Reflection's Damage scales based on current health.

Edited by Hubaris
  • Like 1

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ That staff effect being broken balance wise aside, that gameplay is just unfun for everyone involved imo. Being incentivized to drop everything on the ground then comeback to pick them up later, urr

1) halfed cooldown (or more), doubled max range (almost), exponentially increasing attackspeed, inheriting movement mechanics.... if this were a "choose one" thing, fine, but this is ridiculously brok

Link to the two suggestion threads I made recently: Circe - Staff of the Master Ichor - Staff of the Master

Aluna

Power Throw

New Staff effect: Heroes hit by an Emerald Red Effect enhanced Power Throw will be killed instantly if they are under a certain health % threshold.

Percentage Health Kill Threshold: 14%/16%/18%

Sir Benzington

Knightfall

New Staff effect: activate to instantly jump into the air for 5 seconds. While in the air you may choose an area globally to land. If no area was chosen you will fall back down to your initial position. Aoe Fall Damage increased to 300/450/600.

Magmus

Steam Bath

New Staff effect: While in Steam Bath Magmus has 10/15/20 additional magic armor. Steam Baths AOE damage effect lingers for 5 seconds after it is canceled. 

Edited by Stahlzeit

Rampage staff suggestion: boosting Stampede

Upon impact, applies Greater Rhino effect.

Greater Rhino deals 100/175/250/325 Physical Damage, apply current level of Horned Strike, and pushes enemy unit by 300 units toward Rampage after a 1 second delay.

Thought Process:

• Some people can't let Greater Rhino go.
  • Win-win solution to both Chain that Binds fans and Greater Rhino fans at least.
Edited by datfizh

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

8 hours ago, Ladonien said:

Circe:

When used the ulti on a enemy hero, gets the ulti upgraded by staff during the duration.

Problem with this one is that not every hero has a Staff upgrade currently, which makes it sometimes do absolutely nothing. It's kind of the same problem Empath has which is a shame.

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

27 minutes ago, Hubaris said:

Problem with this one is that not every hero has a Staff upgrade currently, which makes it sometimes do absolutely nothing. It's kind of the same problem Empath has which is a shame.

But it is something, since Circe doesnt have any staff effect yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Gladiator, new Staff of the Master effect:

[E] Flagellation

Increases the bonus damage from 20/40/60/80 to 60/80/100/120. Can now target a location to deal the same amount of true damage. Cooldown is increased for 2 seconds, when used in this manner.

• 4 weeks later...

Ichor Staff of the Master suggestion: boosting Bloodrush

Also increases Stun and Debuff duration upon application by 10/15/20% to enemy heroes in aura and heals allied heroes in aura by 0.5/1/1.5% of their max health per attack.

Thought Process:

• Ichor's design plays around debuff so this suggestion suits him.
  • Ichor's ultimate grants attack speed and this suggestion brings Keeper's old ability back, mechanically.
  • The suggestion can't be afforded by usual item so it should have a place.

Witch Slayer Staff of the Master suggestion: boosting Silver Bullet (omitting the current boost)

Deals bonus damage by percentage difference between Witch Slayer's current mana percentage and target's current mana percentage. (see here for few detail)

Thought Process:

Pyromancer Staff of the Master suggestion: boosting Blazing Strike (omitting the current boost)

Change targeting scheme to Superior Magic. Deals default magic damage and sends 3/4/5 auto-attacks to target in quick succession. 50% of damage dealt to target damages enemy in 600 radius to target. (see here for better explanation)

Thought Process:

• Slight synergy to Fervor on applying negative effect.
  • Simple damage boost is quite boring.
Edited by datfizh
Witch Slayer and Pyromancer ftw

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread: