Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
ElementUser

Staff of the Master - Suggestions Thread

SOTM gives ability to use skills and attacks on invulnerable states like: shellshock charge, buble take cover, preda skin or sapphire crystallize...   

Posted (edited)

Hi people of NA/EU server I'm from SEA server and I've been a HoN player since its debut. I'm writing this in regards to Draconis and his status now because I've used him all week and i found out the impact he has before and now is really substantial. I hope the people in charge in the game development read this and I'm still supporting the game because I just bought gold the other days to purchase terminator pebbles :))

It seems his ability two fly around the map is all what he has because ultimate isn't that powerful and Staff of the Master boost is kinda lacking. Though, I admit the cooldown reduction of Staff boost is so good to the level of annoyance to opposing team but he can't do any once locked down. His damage output isn't that great even in lock items matches. 

I reviewed his old video spotlights and other videos came out so I still remember his previous abilities, but I don't intend to return him back at full probably 50% as a suggestion. My suggestion is just bringing back his ability to perch on his ultimate as Staff of the Master boost and increase damage overtime of his ultimate. Also, the perched volcano should be able to be destroyed by few hits and using his teleport on destroyed tower spawns volcano. When perched, his attack and abilities range get increased. 

By implementing my suggestion, he won't be overpowered nor insignificant to the team clashes.

On 7/11/2020 at 10:20 PM, datfizh said:

Rephrasing the post, I apologize for the phrasing mistakes and my inability to phrase all the sentences.

You could post your idea by using my quote of your rephrased sentences to this link: https://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/index.php?/topic/459-staff-of-the-master-suggestions-thread/

If I may give my opinion, here goes mine:

Will he be unable to move when perched? I guess it should work like Goldenveil perching ability. Though I have mixed feeling about your suggestion because the once invulnerable volcano becomes vulnerable if Draconis perching it from my understanding of your post, I could get wrong idea.

If I may suggest, he should be able to perch himself to volcano by right-clicking it instead of using his teleport in his Staff boost.

Edited by darkside03

Fayde Staff Upgrade

Sources of non-DoT damage from Fayde now cause a stack of Shadowscarred for 4 seconds reducing  Mana and Health Healing and  Mana and Health Regeneration received by 20% per stack. Shadowscarred stacks to a total of 5 times, and are removed one at a time.

While Saforis is the king of anti-healing, Fayde originally was with her Reflection's debuff. There is still room in the game for an anti-healing ability, especially one that can hit an area of effect. Fayde has the unique ability to weave in and out of the field with Shadow Walk, hit multiple people with her near instant Cull, and set up devastating blows with Burning Shadows. Additionally, Fayde tends to fall off in prolonged fights or against heroes who have heals due to the way her Reflection damage is applied (over time and based on their current Health), this will help offset that while also greatly amplifying her teamfight potential. By adding an effect like this, you can also make use of items like Frostfield on her or burstier damage builds in the form of Thunderclaw or Twin Blades, giving her some new builds outside of a single blast and wander around until cooldowns reset. This also plays into Cull's mana burn which can allow her to have great utility against heroes like Oogie, Electrician or Doctor Repulsor.

As a whole I think it adds something unique that isn't a pure upgrade to the hero and should be considered for that reason.

• Like 1

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

Warchief:

Q no longer replaces itself when recast.

Toxicity breeds toxicity.  Break the cycle.

Posted (edited)

Engineer (New Effect):

Spider mines (Advanced Spider mines):

Spider mines gain a new sub-ability. You can use the new sub-ability (Crawling command) to command the spider-mine to reposition itself in a 1000 radius (following pathing). Has a cooldown of 5 seconds and no mana cost. Mines can be detonated while moving with this ability. Limit of mines increased to 8.

This upgrade allows to power up other interesting aspects of the mine ability besides the damage. While the damage is not directly improved, having control of the mines after the initial position could allow for better grouping of them in one spot (though this could still follow the current restriction). But the important point is that mines could now be used for scouting or for reposition traps in the middle of skirmishes. It could also be used as a better farming tools with neutrals, allowing one to put mines before their spawn, and the using the mines to kill them while still farming in lane.

Ichor (New Effect):

I have two options in mind for him.

1. Transfusion (Interfusion):

Ichor's attack damage becomes the attack damage of the targeted unit while linked. (or maybe gain a percentage of it if the effect is too strong)

A simple but strong addition. Gives Ichor a possibility to become a heavy hitter if he links to a carry hero, but one will have to consider if a different item build to get them most of it, or to become a bigger annoyance if left alive for too long as a support.

2. Saint's Blood (Blessed Blood):

Saint's Blood gets a targeted effect. Ichor can cast his E on allied units to transfer his passive for 5 seconds. Has a 10 seconds cooldown, and Ichor loses his passive ability while the buff is active on his ally.

I think this upgrade could be interesting, since it would allow Ichor to focus and link and enemy hero while still being able to protect his carry. My only issue is that I feel it could overlap with Accursed role too much, hence the two options for upgrade.

Torturer (Change of effect):

Instead of the current upgrade to his ult, Torturer gets a new passive ability. Everytime that Torturer activates an ability, he gains everything-walking for 3 seconds.

This changes allows Torturer to become a true haunting spirit at the cost of smart use of his abilities. Giving him better flexibility to move around the map will give him better chance potential as long as he has enough mana. He still needs vision, and trees will stay along his path, so there will still be ways to kite him, but the Torturer player will have better reposition options.

Puppet Master (Change of effect):

Voodoo Puppet no longer has an upgrade.

Whiplash get an activable targeted effect (Cursed Puppet):

Spawns a Cursed Puppet near self that is linked to target. Any debuff or state taken by the Cursed Puppet is transferred and doubled to the targeted unit, but no damage is transferred. Has a maximum Health of 500/750/1000. Lasts until the target gets more than 1500 units away from the spawned Cursed Puppet, or until the Cursed Puppet is killed. Same cooldown and manacost as Voodoo Puppet, and cannot be cast on the same unit as Voodoo Puppet or onto the Voodoo Puppet itself.

The upgrade goes away from the burst build on Puppet Master and focuses more in his disable capabilities, allowing him to play a better role as a support or semi support if desired.

Edited by Bersk

Nitro: makes the shrapnel of Q deal superior magic damage instead of magic damage and also increases attack range during ultimate by 250

Posted (edited)

Nomad Staff Upgrade

Sandstorm radius increased by 150 units and duration increased by 1 second. Enemies in Sandstorm have their vision range reduced to the range of the Sandstorm and are given a 50% miss chance.

Nomad just has damage right now and minor utility on Sandstorm, I propose to give him some unique utility on the spell instead of just giving him more damage (which basically any item can do). This will allow him to weave in and out of fights a lot better, increase his survivability in a new way (by adding Miss chance), and generally disrupt enemy teams. Additionally, by blinding enemies you can more easily bait them into attacking Nomad which can trigger Edge Counter.

Ra Staff Upgrade
While under the effects of Ashes to Ashes, enemies deal % less damage to heroes other than Ra. The % increases with the amount of stacks of Ashes to Ashes Ra has.

Ra has never had the problem of staying alive, so this aims to give him a unique passive that actually makes him the center of attention by dampening enemy damage while they burn from Ashes to Ashes. Ra can now run into enemies and reduce incoming AoE for allies, force enemies to focus him down to gain their damage back, or make them reposition. Additionally, by being the focus, Ashes to Ashes gains more charges letting Ra get even more value as he gets beaten down.

Edited by Hubaris

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

On 7/30/2020 at 7:12 AM, MacroHard said:

Warchief:

Q no longer replaces itself when recast.

I like suggestion a lot. This + a lowered cooldown on Q upon getting staff, maybe from 14 -> 10 seconds, would be great. 

Posted (edited)

King Klout: Goblin Toss

No longer have charge (or max charge increase to 20)

Increase cast range by 300, and damage deal by goblin toss

Add a sub ability: Change the current Goblin. 1s cooldown

Edited by w3_StarBoy

HoN SEA Player

2 hours ago, w3_StarBoy said:

King Klout: Goblin Toss

No longer have charge (or max charge increase to 20)

Increase cast range by 300, and damage deal by goblin toss

Add a sub ability: Change the current Goblin. 1s cooldown

No thank  you xD

Posted (edited)

Gunblade SOTM:

Add a sub ability: Change attack type to melee (allow Gb to build Melee item). 3 seconds cooldown

Passive: Add 20 attack damage when on range mode or 20 agility when on melee mode, 15% chance for attack to deal 1.5x damage on hit when on melee mode

----

Total 30 agility when on melee mode if GB build SOTM himself

Edited by w3_StarBoy

HoN SEA Player

On 8/31/2020 at 3:22 PM, w3_StarBoy said:

Gunblade SOTM:

Add a sub ability: Change attack type to melee (allow Gb to build Melee item). 3 seconds cooldown

Passive: Add 20 attack damage when on range mode or 20 agility when on melee mode, 15% chance for attack to deal 1.5x damage on hit when on melee mode

----

Total 30 agility when on melee mode if GB build SOTM himself

Because version 4.7.9 already covers Gunblade's melee capability. I propose this staff boost suggestion from your idea:

Gunblade: boosting Grappling Hook

• Reduces cooldown to 5 seconds.
  • No longer deals damage, applies stun and armor reduction if this ability doesn't reach a maximum charge yet. Has a maximum 80/60/40 charges, a charge is refreshed per second.
  • Consumes all accumulated charges of this ability if maximum charge is already reached on next activation.
  • Increases less damage dealt of grappled target to 50% and increases grapple's duration to 4/6/8 seconds.

Thought process: An optional boost to Gunblade to turn himself into pseudo-melee hero without making him an obvious range-shifter like other range-shifter (Maliken and Wildsoul to name few).

Maliken: Instead of current effect, change it to his W (Like on MOA, merge it's effects)

Doctor Repulsor: Remove the perplex state when using ulti as well or at least remove the perplex after landing

Magebane: Change the W boost into his E (making it into a passive AOE effect)

Berserker: Instead of boosting his Q, slightly increase damage output from ult (like 1 or 2% of HP), berserker staff rn is basically useless

The princess is always in another castle

Posted (edited)

spacer.pngGladiator

Flagellation:

Staff of the Master imbues Flagellation now with orb effects. Additionally, for every real enemy hero hit reduces the cooldown of Pitfall by 1 second.

+To prevent misunderstandings - Gladiator has to buy orb effects such as Harkons, Shieldbreaker etc. SotM only enables the bonuses

Edited by Sn1ke

spacer.pngAmun-Ra

Ashes to Ashes:

Increases Health Generation to 2/3/4/5 and Magic Damage dealt to 30/40/50/60. Additionally, for every 10% max health missing, Ra gains 1.5 Magic Armor. (Maximum of 13.5 Magic Armor)

On 7/29/2020 at 8:24 PM, Hubaris said:

While Saforis is the king of anti-healing, Fayde originally was with her Reflection's debuff. There is still room in the game for an anti-healing ability, especially one that can hit an area of effect. Fayde has the unique ability to weave in and out of the field with Shadow Walk, hit multiple people with her near instant Cull, and set up devastating blows with Burning Shadows. Additionally, Fayde tends to fall off in prolonged fights or against heroes who have heals due to the way her Reflection damage is applied (over time and based on their current Health), this will help offset that while also greatly amplifying her teamfight potential. By adding an effect like this, you can also make use of items like Frostfield on her or burstier damage builds in the form of Thunderclaw or Twin Blades, giving her some new builds outside of a single blast and wander around until cooldowns reset. This also plays into Cull's mana burn which can allow her to have great utility against heroes like Oogie, Electrician or Doctor Repulsor.

As a whole I think it adds something unique that isn't a pure upgrade to the hero and should be considered for that reason.

This is an awesome suggestion. I just made a post regarding suggestions on Fayde sotm and something like this would be really original and cool.

Devourer (eliminating current boost; proposed to boost Devour)

• Devour buff duration on Decay is increased to 20 seconds and after that the effectiveness is gradually decreased over 10 seconds (Total 30 seconds duration).
  • Devour deals bonus damage (and heal) by 0.6/0.9/1.2x of Devourer's strength.
  • Devour buff lasts 10 seconds and its effectiveness is gradually decreased over duration (don't know the exact buff duration so this suggestion is proposed). 
  • Devour buff also increases Guttling Hook's range by 340/370/400 (should be non-boosted effect).
  • Every 120 post-mitigate damage taken reduces Guttling Hook's cooldown by 0.3/0.4/0.5/0.6 second (should be non-boosted effect).
Spoiler

Thought Process

• Just throw some ideas to buff Devourer and create a synergy out of them.
  • Devourer's current staff boost is only feasible because of the cooldown reduction, the cast range could be covered by Jade Spire much earlier than building Staff.

Behemoth (eliminating current boost; proposed to boost Fissure)

• Second activation on Fissure deals 60/90/120/150% of Behemoth's attack damage to enemies on Fissure's damage radius as physical damage and apply attack modifier to all damaged enemy units by second activation of Fissure.
Spoiler

Thought Process

• Behemoth's current staff boost just follows the initiator trend to have an initiation tool without making his power out of control.
  • This suggestion is proposed to boost his actual initiation tool in different way than the said initiator trend.
  • This suggestion is inspired by Dota 2 Monkey King's Boundless Strike.

Edited by datfizh
add color