Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
ElementUser

Staff of the Master - Suggestions Thread

22 hours ago, MacroHard said:

Rather than a countdown, do a countup.  Much easier and intuitive.  Simply read the time, and that's how old it is.

Subtraction is always harder than addition for most people, noted.

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

On 5/17/2020 at 2:54 PM, ElementUser said:

- Is Staff of the Master good enough to be considered 100% mandatory? If it is, there is likely a problem in your suggestion.

Not a new suggestion, but MoA plays like half a hero before he has a staff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Syllab said:

Not a new suggestion, but MoA plays like half a hero before he has a staff.

Very true what u mentioned.Never thought about it but u have a point.

I dont think i ever will pick moa and go other builts first. Unless someone from my team is staffing me then yes.

Most of the cases tc into staff feels like the only viable built

9 hours ago, doctornik said:

Very true what u mentioned.Never thought about it but u have a point.

I dont think i ever will pick moa and go other builts first. Unless someone from my team is staffing me then yes.

Most of the cases tc into staff feels like the only viable built

Looks like it's time to nerf his staff! 100% necessary for him to be viable 😉

7 hours ago, ozilla said:

Looks like it's time to nerf his staff! 100% necessary for him to be viable 😉

Could be done in a number of ways, off the top of my head:

Double passive only active during ult shield uptime. Staff boost now grants secondary shield, targetting is the same: self or allies. One for yourself, one for the lowest HP ally within 1000 radius. If an ally is targeted instead of self, you automatically gain shield as well.

Buff movespeed to 300, buff agility gain to 2.5 per level. And voila you have a hero that scales better without the absolute necessity of buying staff to be viable.

What about Berserker staff effect?
Atm it has no place in the game, and it will never be worth the 2k for an upgrade( not even considering the 4,2 k to buy it as an option ^^).
There is vague feeling also left through its effect:        If this pushes the target below 20% of health, it is executed
How can you know what is 20%? Do u have to do the math in game ? Its another thing the Legionnaire ultimate that there is an exact number and u just have to check HP status to execute, and another thing this.  

*Btw i cant find anywhere what was the old staff effect on him, and people were picking recently staff, i totally forgot

7 hours ago, doctornik said:

What about Berserker staff effect?
Atm it has no place in the game, and it will never be worth the 2k for an upgrade( not even considering the 4,2 k to buy it as an option ^^).
There is vague feeling also left through its effect:        If this pushes the target below 20% of health, it is executed
How can you know what is 20%? Do u have to do the math in game ? Its another thing the Legionnaire ultimate that there is an exact number and u just have to check HP status to execute, and another thing this.

Partially agree on this. Berzerker only could guess the 20% health left by looking at the opponent's bar above their head.

This boost could be superior to Legionnaire ultimate if the opponent manages to have more than 1500/2250/3000 health, correct me if I'm wrong.

I guess the static movement slow and the doubled duration are the reasons of making this boost as a viable option. So, the 20% health insta-kill is just bonus.

7 hours ago, doctornik said:

*Btw i cant find anywhere what was the old staff effect on him, and people were picking recently staff, i totally forgot.

It used to be boosted the ultimate's numbers (can't remember which number), as far as I remember.

This thread below is still updating, just keep in touch to it:

Posted (edited)

@datfizh

- Yes totally agree , it would be superior. I dont know whether this would be a good or bad tbh. On first thought it sounds too good.  But i didnt suggest anything tbh and i explain why in the end of this reply 😛 

1 hour ago, datfizh said:

making this boost as a viable option.

I have to disagree here. ->* Berserker will never spend 4200 to buy a staff, while in the past he could

-> *  Upgrading staff to Berserker it would be a waste of money; a 10s chain duration and static slow (as sweet as the static bonus sounds) arent a good reason to boost Berserk. ( not to mention by that point supports could save the chained target via items, or if its the carry it might have already Geos).  And as we said above ,the 20% execution thingy  is just vague.  10/10 times i would upgrade another viable staff in the team, or if there is not one, i would get another item with that money. 

-> Big disadvantage of Berserk on his staff effect validity  , is also the fact he is not a late carry. (considering the pick up of the upgrade of staff is mostly done at later stages).So if time passes its against him.Its  another thing to have this staff effect on an agility  carry( were it would be super good) and another thing on Berserk. If game goes to midish-late, getting stronger items on the surrounding heroes its more game winning factor than focusing your arsenal on Berserker( hence a hellflower ,sheep will be more effective than boosting Berserker lets say)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The reason i didnt suggest anything is that i dont know the exact numbers of the old staff effect. And since that staff was super popular, in order to suggest something i need to know what it was doing. Broken or not, knowledge of that effect could produce good suggestions 🧑‍💻

Edited by doctornik

Pearl -- Enemies within bubble can no longer harm enemies outside, doesn't break the hero, but allows the ulti to be useful even after enemies enter the bubble.

Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2020 at 7:24 PM, ElementUser said:

Long story short, even if it takes 2 years to get a quality SotM for a hero, we will wait the 2 years.

How does that work with Kane's SotM addition?

It's honestly just a troll item.

Edited by Syllab

4 hours ago, Syllab said:

How does that work with Kane's SotM addition?

It's honestly just a troll item.

Just because you disagree with something doesn't mean it's true.

The issue with Kane's SotM is due to snowballing infinite Attack Damage scaling (in a sense). That's why the benefit is gated behind a SotM with a downside.

Posted (edited)

Removing opinion from the equation then, statistically, how many people have purchased sotm on Kane as a part of their core items (item #2 or #3 pickup that costs over 2000 gold) and won/lost over what total number of caldavar matches?

Edited by Syllab

Posted (edited)

Btw, because the Tundra Staff being the by far worst and most useless Staff in the Game, it really could need some Buffs.

How about:

1) Give the Bird activateable Unkillable Shield Back + giving you a D Spell to TP to the Bird with Shorter Casttime like Boots of Travel + giving you a 10 Sec invis after TP?? (so you can Skip Boots of Travel / PK on Tundra)

2) Spawn 3 Pigs insteat of 2 + When you W, the Pigs rush aswell at the opponent, doing some DMG?

3) When you W, Tundra auto throws another Q Spell while Traveling? (so you can farm with Staff > W + Auto Q + Q = Creepwave or alot of DMG in Teamfights)

e:
Btw, the option on Kanes Staff, that the enemy hero can get the DMG if you die first, is just awful and makes it super bad. When u farm Staff, you dont survive long enough and normally Kane is a Hero that gets fixed alot anyway, so he doesn't lockdown the carry. When you 1-2 time die with Staff while you Ult their carry, the Game is over. This should totally be deleted. Just make Kane getting the Bonus Dmg, not the enemies. A Staff should benefit you and not your opponent.

Edited by cobaye

Posted (edited)

Tarot:

Far Scry:  Increases cast range from 1000 to 1400 and bounce range from 800 to 1400.

Bound By Fate:  Binds the target to two closest enemy units.  If either chain breaks, all 3 are affected.

Edited by MacroHard

Toxicity breeds toxicity.  Break the cycle.

Madman:

In addition to current effects: stalk and barrel roll now apply a stack of current level of gash when damaging enemies.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Syllab said:

Madman:

In addition to current effects: stalk and barrel roll now apply a stack of current level of gash when damaging enemies.

It already does this built into Gash (E).

Passively grants 6 / 7 / 8 / 9% bonus damage for 3 seconds when dealing non-DoT Damage.

Stacks up to 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 times on the same enemy.

Edited by Hubaris
  • Like 1

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

Posted (edited)

Monkey King: boosting Flying Nimbus (removing existing boost)

As long as Flying Nimbus doesn't get dissipated, all his abilities are boosted as below:

• Illusive Dash: applies 0.5 second fadetime stealth with 40/60/80/100% bonus base attack damage for 8 seconds.
  • Heavenly Vault: can vault tree as if he vaults structure.
  • Wan Jin Slam: After mound collapsed spawns a structure with 350 health, 30 armor, 200 collision size, and 80 bounty. Only 1 is available at the time (using this ability again destroys his existing structure).
Spoiler

Current staff boost eliminates the idea of Monkey King as a double-time ability user. This proposed boost adds utility to all of his abilities while also retaining his current boost.

EDIT:

On 6/13/2020 at 5:59 PM, doctornik said:

@datfizh

- Yes totally agree , it would be superior. I dont know whether this would be a good or bad tbh. On first thought it sounds too good.  But i didnt suggest anything tbh and i explain why in the end of this reply 😛 

I have to disagree here. ->* Berserker will never spend 4200 to buy a staff, while in the past he could

-> *  Upgrading staff to Berserker it would be a waste of money; a 10s chain duration and static slow (as sweet as the static bonus sounds) arent a good reason to boost Berserk. ( not to mention by that point supports could save the chained target via items, or if its the carry it might have already Geos).  And as we said above ,the 20% execution thingy  is just vague.  10/10 times i would upgrade another viable staff in the team, or if there is not one, i would get another item with that money. 

-> Big disadvantage of Berserk on his staff effect validity  , is also the fact he is not a late carry. (considering the pick up of the upgrade of staff is mostly done at later stages).So if time passes its against him.Its  another thing to have this staff effect on an agility  carry( were it would be super good) and another thing on Berserk. If game goes to midish-late, getting stronger items on the surrounding heroes its more game winning factor than focusing your arsenal on Berserker( hence a hellflower ,sheep will be more effective than boosting Berserker lets say)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The reason i didnt suggest anything is that i dont know the exact numbers of the old staff effect. And since that staff was super popular, in order to suggest something i need to know what it was doing. Broken or not, knowledge of that effect could produce good suggestions 🧑‍💻

I stand corrected. Good points.

Perhaps the current staff boost should base on Berzerker health rather than the target's health because his ultimate also boosts his damage by having high health, doesn't it? Looks OP but it is staff boost after all, the percentage could be toned down. 

Edited by datfizh

This thread below is still updating, just keep in touch to it:

Ichor:  Transfusion may be cast a third time, and subsequent casts of Transfusion will now deal damage.

Toxicity breeds toxicity.  Break the cycle.

Ideas for Tarot ult.:

Idea 01:

I remember she used to get some buffs when her ult proced. Staff could bring that back maybe.

Like, she could gain +30 Agility for 3s when her ult procs or something. ( the numbers are just for example, I have no idea how to balance this haha)

The buffs could be stackable, so if she is lucky and crits in a roll, she gets more and more stronger for a short time.

Idea 02

Increases the crit multiplier of the ult and make it an activable skill.

When activated, Tarot emanates an aura that grants allies a 25% chance to crit for half the ult crit multiplier for X seconds and has a CD of Y seconds.

Devo:

Instead of increased range, make it so your hook can apply when it returns like in the good ol' days. :)

Deadwood (Change of effect):

Rotten Embrace (Rotten Grasp):

• Radius increased to 350. (or something between 300 and 350 if it is too much)

While the current effect is interesting, it just pushes further the already niche part of DW's ult, which is the possibility of lasting longer if there are STR stacking heroes. I feel like it is way too similar to Bramble's upgrade, both filling the same goal: Increasing the HP and the damage of the hero, while DW's have more restrictions to be as effective. Also, because of the bursty nature of the ult, I prefer that it keeps the regular cooldown and not get a decrease from the SOTM.

The current suggestion makes DW less of a one trick pony by being a bigger threat in teamfights if ult is down. Also, it will force enemies to scatter way more and have less time to react once DW ults someone. It's a simple change that gives a lot to the hero imo.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Blood Hunter Staff Upgrade:

- Removed previous because it is laughably situational and pretty silly.

Blood Sense can now be activated to send out a sonic scream, dealing 150 magic damage to all enemies within an 800 radius then Silencing and Perplexing them for 3 seconds. The Silence and Perplex duration decreases the further away from Blood Hunter they are down to a total of 0.5 seconds at the maximum distance. Goes on a 20 second cooldown.

Gives him more Utility in the later stages of the game and encourages him to be in the center of the action to maximize the amount of target hit by his scream. Also we don't really have an AOE Perplex (other than Energy Field) and I feel like he could use a bit more Pazaz in his kit. In addition it can be used near a nearby weakened wave to kill a few of them to trigger Feast as an emergency heal.

Edited by Hubaris
  • Like 1

Warchief staff:

+ Increase Aura Radius. Immunity to Silence effect during skill effect. (100% silence resistance). Can self active skill through silence

+ Cooldown change to 70 seconds all level.

+ Duration increased

---

- Q: is it will be 100% build item

- A. No, the power of Skill or warchief does not increase. So it is unnecessary to make it core frist.

- Q: When we build it?

- A: When the ememies have strong silience skill such as Vindicator or Hellflower.

-  Q: How enemy counter it?

- A: Purge it with skill/item

- Q: Is it broken in late game?

- A: No, If the enemies active Shurken head during Warchief's Ultimate: He will deal no damage. Buying magic armour also reduce his damage alot

On 6/23/2020 at 7:04 AM, Syllab said:

Madman:

With current Madman's state, I think moving gash applying through spell to be part of the SOTM upgrade could be a good way to reduce his current burst