Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more

100% Rating - All remaining heroes' STAFF OF THE MASTER Suggestions

Some of these are on my Reddit posts but I want to revise them so I'll write it all anyways.

1. GUNBLADE - "Gunner's" Grappling Hook (R) - boosted - cast range increased to 1000. CD reduced to 15s. Can now target on ground to throw grappling hook on first enemy hero hit. If ability is done this way, grappled enemy will be restrained and not be able to move away from him. While the target is affected by the ability, Gunblade can attack the target even at max range and gains a stackable +10% attack speed for each attack to the target. Click the ability again to go towards the target (even creeps & trees).

If the ability hits a creep or a tree, no buffs will be gained.

2. WARBEAST - Alpha's Howl (W) - boosted - can't deny he is too simple and plain to play now that even his SotM boost just promotes a very lazy fighting style. So I'm suggesting to give him a damage bar to accumulate auto-attack damage from Warbeast and his 2 wolves through his Howl (W). Consuming this bar (Alpha's Howl, a created sub-ability to E) will allow him to force-Metamorph right into his wolf form after 3 seconds (and extends wolf form duration if casts during Metamorphosis) or summon another 2 wolves instead (total of 4) if desired . The damage bar will perish if Howl (W) ends prematurely. Forced Metamorphosis has a 20% chance to metamorph with a higher critical rate or summon +1 wolf. This is to put Warbeast on the same line that D2 Lycanthrope can do now. It feels like ported heroes from D2 are million miles left behind as of the moment.

3. DAMPEER - Vampiric "Stalk" - New SotM Additions - Double Click or Click to self to engage in flight mode. Allows him to have a wider radius night vision and a faster movement speed like a vampire stalking for prey but Dampeer cannot auto-attack during flight mode. Flight duration is 25s unless attacked, silenced, or activates a spell.

4. RIPTIDE - Undertow (W) - boosted - Upon casting Undertow (W), Riptide leaves a permanent water trail behind that ends right at the end of Undertow. Cast Range increased to 700(?). Undertow now grants an invulnerability when traveling (D2 Morphling)

5. BUBBLES is fine. But even as a SoTM lover, I still will not spend my 4.2K gold on him. Its boost is most likely for shrunkenhead-counter purposes and that's where all your 4.2K gold goes. Can it be a superior mini-stun applied every second?

6. DARK LADY -"Sphere" of Darkness (R) - boosted - Radius increased by 200. After casting the ability, Cover of Darkness will also continuously apply on the target area creating a sphere of darkness. Affected enemy targets will only regain their point of view if they return inside the sphere. Nobody will have a view of the inside unless he enters the sphere himself. Targeting abilities as well as ground-targeting spells will still work when you hover the cursor towards the sphere. But it's more like of guessing where the target is.

7. SOULSTEALER - New SOTM additions - Negative Armor aura must also be changed to Negative Magic Armor Aura. Demon Hands' casting time must be greatly reduced to the point wherein Soulstealer will transition from a carry to a pusher/support/magic burst. From the usual Agility luxurious items to another ways of playing him like a supportive/magic/burst like Post Haste, PK, Kuldra, Armor of the Mad Mage, Grimoire, Euls, Codex.

8. KINESIS - We know Kinesis loves to lift stuffs and trees. But his 1-tree lift before was very beneficial to escaping, chasing, and providing shield. I know this may look insane on paper but an ability steal, 1-tree lift and cluster of tree-lift (placed on W and E respectively), his shield, and his enemy lift (which may make it better if it can also affect allies for damage mitigation and saving purposes) is the best skill set he can ever have. If the tree-lift damage is too much, then damage reduction is fine.

9. DRACONIS - New SotM Additions - Leaves Cataclysm volcano remnant at the end of duration. Max of 1 volcano. 20% chance to activate the volcano again upon traveling.

10. Amun-Ra - "Devastating" Rebirth (R) - boosted - Can now revive at will or wait until he revives automatically to deceive foes. On rebirth, applies a greater Ignite (W) that affects enemies within 600 radius that knocks them back. A dying Amun-Ra is for sure in distress and needs a moment to breathe.

11. ACCURSED - New SotM additions - Before Ult ends, Accursed absorbs 10% of the last damaged received and temporarily add to his damage.

12. NOMAD - Mirage Strike illusion - boosted - Mirage Strike (E) illusion now gains 100% attribute, damage and damage taken, and mirrors Nomad abilities when casts. (This means it will be like a real Nomad coming to you but turns out to be an illusion after a moment to deceive enemies.) The illusion will continue to live for another 3s until it reaches its target. If Nomad is disrupted, stunned or silenced or when he mirrors an ability his abilities while the illusion is travelling, the illusion will last only for 3s.

13. OOGIE - "Unstable" Surge (R) - boosted - After activating the ability, activate to transform again in a terrible form that gives either a +100 Movement Speed and +100 Attack Speed boost or Removes the limit of Tar Quakes (Q) at the cost of own health per second.

14. WARCHIEF - "True" Spirit Walk (W) - boosted - The Invulnerable Spirit now mirrors Warchief which means like a real Warchief coming to attack them with 70/80/90/100% damage and All-Terrain Walking. Channeling time increased to 6s.

15. QI - A "Million" Cuts (W) - boosted - Throws a second blade after 1s. Activate again to channel the blades toward the cursor.

16. FORSAKEN ARCHER - "Heavy" Piercing Arrows (R) - boosted - Each arrow also knocks back enemies. After using all the 8 arrows within 4s, the image leaves heavy piercing arrow pickables. When picks up by Forsaken, it grants 2 stackable "Heavy" Piercing Arrows Shots that only proc forward when attacking and when Split Fire (W) is turned off. Double-click the ultimate to consume and grants 4 stackable arrows instead.

17. SILHOUETTE - 2 SHADOWS (R) - boosted - You heard it right. Now spawns 2 Shadow illusions.  Like-A-Ninja swap prioritizes the nearest illusion to Silhouette. I don't know but it seems not enough as an SotM boost so I'm suggesting to reduce the cooldown of Like-A-Ninja or the ability itself.

18. PEARL - "Maximum" Preservation (R) - boosted - Can now be targeted on the ground. Activate again to reduce the circumference of the sphere, push enemies inside and trap them inside the protected area. No abilities/spells can save them from being trapped except abilities from outside. Auto-attacks and spells outside of the protected area have 25% damage reduction on allies.

19. ELECTRICIAN - Cleansing "Power" Shock (R) - boosted - Can now target Defense Structures; attack speed will be doubled while also has a 15% chance to attack with a mini-Cleansing Shock to an enemy. Repeatedly using the ability also grants +15% attack speed to Electrician.

20. SKRAP - "Trained" Vorax (R) - boosted - Trained Vorax means he becomes controllable but stays in its lane but only with 3 active skills. Attack, Defend, and Retreat. Attack means push forward. Retreat means return back to fountain. Defend is to hold its position, becomes ranged and acts like a defensive structure. However, this ability can only be enabled when on a destroyed structural post. But what if Vorax becomes as one with the structure if there is nearby?

21. LODESTONE - "Super" Shatterstorm (R) - Can now be activated to detonate early. Radius is increased to 700. Allies hit will receive Lodestone Plates for 4s.

22. CHRONOS - "Backtrack" (W) - New SotM rework - Toggle to change the ability from Rewind to Backtrack. Backtrack (W) puts the SotM effect on Time Leap (Q) which heals the health of Chronos back to the time before an event happens to him. It also greatly reduces its cooldown to 4s. However, Rewind's SotM effect still focuses on his Ult which also increases the radius of Chrono Field (R) by 200 units.

23. MARTYR - New SotM Additions - Healing a full health or semi-full health ally will completely heal and create a temporary second life bar that perishes in 3s. Works on Martyr, too.

24. GRAVEKEEPER - Zombie "Invasion" (R) - boosted - Duration is increased by 2s. Zombies picked up through Defiling Touch (E) can now be added to the amount of zombies being spawned by his Ult (max of 10 units). Zombies now have 1.5x increased starting movement speed, gain a +10% buildup overtime, and have an increased attack radius. 

25. PUPPET MASTER - "Evil" Doll (R) - boosted - Any active ability of Puppet used on the doll takes the control away from the enemy player. Casting Voodoo Doll gives an Overriding Command Mark from Puppet which allows the user to use the enemy's item or cast his ability, stop/cancel/disturb his stuff, or simply move the enemy to a location. After casting Voodoo Doll, any active ability of Puppet Master casts to it will grant +1 Overriding Command (max of 2). An Overriding Command execution lasts for 1s or 2s if it's a movement or stopping command. Overriding Command mark status only lasts when Voodoo Doll is still active. I wish it can happen not only through his ult.

26. NIGHT HOUND - "Total" Invisibility (R) - boosted - Every time Night Hound uses an ability, he goes beyond his limit and completely becomes invisible which is unrevealable, unattackable, untargettable, and invulnerable. This lasts for 2s.

27. TAROT - "Farther" Scry (W) - boosted -  Gives +1 more Far Scry charge. If the marked enemies are within 800 units around the target you attack, your attacks will get them both. However, if the marked target is away but within 800 units of the other marked target within 800 units of the target you attack, your attack will still seek the farther enemy until both become out of range.

28. PROPHET - "King" Raven Form (R) - boosted - Attacking or casting spells in this form will no longer lower the duration. Taking damage from enemy players will no longer remove the movement speed bonus. Increases vision by 100.

29. DEMENTED SHAMAN - "Global" Healing Wave (W) - boosted - If Healing Wave is done on a very far location or globally, it will start healing the first target then chain to the second nearest, third, until all allies around the map receives the heal. Enemies around them still receives the damage. (Like D2 Prophet's Ultimate)

30. CALAMITY - Sunder's Vault (R) - New SotM Additions - After the damage hit the center, it is released and will spread away in different directions continuously even if the ability ends already. The spread radius is 1000. It's like a firework.

31. WILDSOUL - "Lone" Booboo (Q) - boosted - If Wildsoul is away or dead, Booboo can still live and be able to attack even without his master's presence. No longer deals damage to Wildsoul when it dies.

32. PARASITE - Infest (W) - New SotM Additions - Can now infest even on tier 1 player-controlled units. Moreover, Parasite can now directly cast his spells and items even when still inside a unit. However, to reduce the frustration of being a Parasite, staying inside for too long drains the unit's effectiveness. Which means even speed, damage input and skill effectiveness are significantly reduced.

0s = 100% effectiveness
15s = 75%
30s = 50%
45s = 25%
60s = Force Parasite to consume or get out of the target.

Now to give anti-Parasite fans more moments to rejoice, consuming or getting out of an infested unit makes Parasite vulnerable to damage, inflicting him a 30% self damage amplification for the sin he made.

33. MONARCH - Gust Wind (R) - New SotM Additions - is now Global. Enemies will be pushed back when the second Gust Wind comes in.

34. MIMIX - "Extra" Schism (R) - boosted - Casting an ability creates +1 Schism illusion for 30s.

35. RAVENOR - "Supreme" Blades (W) - boosted - Increases the proc to 4 attacks. Increases the radius forward up to 700 units away. Increases the number of units affected to 6/7/8/9 targets.

36. KANE - Face Off (R) - boosted - Grants 15% chance that an attack will proc Face-off. Moreover, every successful attack that Kane makes during Face Off steals 0.5/1/1.5 damage from enemy permanently.

37. BALPHAGORE - Hell on Newerth (R) - boosted - Changes the damage output from Magic to True Damage. Adds 15% Balphagore's lost health to total damage. 

38. KING KLOUT - "Mega" Goblin Toss (Q) - Adds White Goblin which is the same as Green but can bounce to an ally and heal for the same amount. Adds Black Goblin which is the same as Blue but inflicts fear or stun for 1s. Ability can be activated when stunned or silenced.

39. RAMPAGE - "Royal" Rhino (R) - boosted - No longer has a delay and pushes the enemy target closer to you. However, if an enemy gets nearby or attacks you, another Greater Rhino will be applied to the nearest enemy hero nearby.

40. GLADIATOR -

1st Version - Pitfall "Menace" (Q) - boosted - Can now be casted globally. When successfully hit an enemy hero, it leaves a Pitfall mark on the area for a long time. The next enemy who steps on it will trigger it after 1s for a second Pitfall.

2nd Version - "Global" Pitfall (Q) and "Global" Call to Arms (R) - boosted - Can now be casted globally. Call to Arms (R) now has a 2x faster arriving speed. However, Showdown (W) duration is increased up to 10s if casts to self.

41. VINDICATOR - Final Chapter (R) - boosted - (Double-clicking Q and E should cast the ability on his location for QoL purposes.) When an enemy dies through kill or assist, while taking 1 intelligence from him, Vindicator applies a 1s silence in 1000 radius to enemies.

42. ENGINEER - "Advanced" Spider Mines (E) - Spider Mines now have an increased attack and detonate radius and mine count. After casting The Keg (Q), leaves 1 spider mine on the location. After casting Steam Turret (W), leaves 1 Spider Mine on the location. After casting Energy Field (R), all the nearby Spider Mines within 1000 radius will rush toward the enemies inside the field and detonate.

43. ADRENALINE - "True" Ember Shards (E) - boosted - Now also restores 4/5/6/7% current mana from auto-attacks. Also removes Shard Blast (Q) cooldown.

44. KRAKEN - New SotM Additions - Tsunami Charge (W) can now drag 5 units forward, prioritizing enemy heroes.

45. FAYDE - "Natural" Reflection (R) - boosted - Makes the ability passive. Passively removes the cooldown when no enemy is nearby within 2000 radius.

Posted (edited)

Salomon - Endless Revenge: While ultimate is active, passively increases movement speed by 25%. Also grants a new sub-ability, Cosmic Swipe.

Cosmic Swipe: activate to deal 300/400/500 + 50% of your attack damage as Superior Magic Damage in a 360° AoE, 600 radius. Units and heroes killed with this ability will grant 1.5/1.75/2x gold bounty. 
Cooldown: 10 seconds.

Edited by TruLeLiLoLOL
Posted (edited)

Drops the link of your thread here: 

As for your suggestion, most of them are indeed a 100% mandatory choice to the boosted heroes over any item, so that's the problem as @ElementUsersaid that himself.

Let me comment your suggestion:

On 5/17/2020 at 7:32 PM, Claudineee said:

Some of these are on my Reddit posts but I want to revise them so I'll write it all anyways.

1. GUNBLADE - "Gunner's" Grappling Hook (R) - boosted - cast range increased to 1000. CD reduced to 15s. Can now target on ground to throw grappling hook on first enemy hero hit. If ability is done this way, grappled enemy will be restrained and not be able to move away from him. While the target is affected by the ability, Gunblade can attack the target even at max range and gains a stackable +10% attack speed for each attack to the target. Click the ability again to go towards the target (even creeps & trees).

If the ability hits a creep or a tree, no buffs will be gained.

I assume the targeting system of this staff boost is dual target (like Witch Slayer 1st ability for instance), isn't it? Like a nerf to me if you accidentally hitting creep than intended hero and current target unit ain't bad, right? Just make the targeting system like Logger's Hatchet if you want to keep the tree-grappling.

The attack speed boost shouldn't be percentage because at 100% of attack speed (10 times of attacks) is equal to double the amount of attack speed, assuming late-game Gunblade has 200 attack speed means 400 attack speed at 100% of attack speed boost.

2. WARBEAST - Alpha's Howl (W) - boosted - can't deny he is too simple and plain to play now that even his SotM boost just promotes a very lazy fighting style. So I'm suggesting to give him a damage bar to accumulate auto-attack damage from Warbeast and his 2 wolves through his Howl (W). Consuming this bar (Alpha's Howl, a created sub-ability to E) will allow him to force-Metamorph right into his wolf form after 3 seconds (and extends wolf form duration if casts during Metamorphosis) or summon another 2 wolves instead (total of 4) if desired . The damage bar will perish if Howl (W) ends prematurely. Forced Metamorphosis has a 20% chance to metamorph with a higher critical rate or summon +1 wolf. This is to put Warbeast on the same line that D2 Lycanthrope can do now. It feels like ported heroes from D2 are million miles left behind as of the moment.

Plain and simple but pretty strong if you ask me. It's like you gets 2 items benefit for 1 item (critical strike and attack speed). You should make a option to the suggestion rather than mix it into one. 

The boost itself just encourages War Beast to accumulate the charge first before going to the fight, not that good than the current boost.

3. DAMPEER - Vampiric "Stalk" - New SotM Additions - Double Click or Click to self to engage in flight mode. Allows him to have a wider radius night vision and a faster movement speed like a vampire stalking for prey but Dampeer cannot auto-attack during flight mode. Flight duration is 25s unless attacked, silenced, or activates a spell.

I assume this ability is tied to 'R' button and granting Dampeer an omni-walking, isn't it? I suggest to put it on separated button because ultimate as a damage tool is wasted to gain weak utility is a no for me.

4. RIPTIDE - Undertow (W) - boosted - Upon casting Undertow (W), Riptide leaves a permanent water trail behind that ends right at the end of Undertow. Cast Range increased to 700(?). Undertow now grants an invulnerability when traveling (D2 Morphling)

Did Riptide already gain invulnerability when casting Undertow? permanent water trail is a no for me unless it limits to one per player (can create two revolving Circe).

5. BUBBLES is fine. But even as a SoTM lover, I still will not spend my 4.2K gold on him. Its boost is most likely for shrunkenhead-counter purposes and that's where all your 4.2K gold goes. Can it be a superior mini-stun applied every second?

Too strong, enemy might as well just jump right after they get affected by the spell even it gives stun effect.

6. DARK LADY -"Sphere" of Darkness (R) - boosted - Radius increased by 200. After casting the ability, Cover of Darkness will also continuously apply on the target area creating a sphere of darkness. Affected enemy targets will only regain their point of view if they return inside the sphere. Nobody will have a view of the inside unless he enters the sphere himself. Targeting abilities as well as ground-targeting spells will still work when you hover the cursor towards the sphere. But it's more like of guessing where the target is.

Weird boost. So, will 'the point of view (?)' be permanent if they don't return to the sphere when the ability ends? I prefer this boost is tied to different button but share the same cooldown as Cover of the Darkness, giving the 'stealth' benefit to allies instead of reducing enemies sight.

7. SOULSTEALER - New SOTM additions - Negative Armor aura must also be changed to Negative Magic Armor Aura. Demon Hands' casting time must be greatly reduced to the point wherein Soulstealer will transition from a carry to a pusher/support/magic burst. From the usual Agility luxurious items to another ways of playing him like a supportive/magic/burst like Post Haste, PK, Kuldra, Armor of the Mad Mage, Grimoire, Euls, Codex.

A no-no boost for me because a hero should spend ton of gold for a 'transition'.

8. KINESIS - We know Kinesis loves to lift stuffs and trees. But his 1-tree lift before was very beneficial to escaping, chasing, and providing shield. I know this may look insane on paper but an ability steal, 1-tree lift and cluster of tree-lift (placed on W and E respectively), his shield, and his enemy lift (which may make it better if it can also affect allies for damage mitigation and saving purposes) is the best skill set he can ever have. If the tree-lift damage is too much, then damage reduction is fine.

I don't understand this boost, please elaborate more.

9. DRACONIS - New SotM Additions - Leaves Cataclysm volcano remnant at the end of duration. Max of 1 volcano. 20% chance to activate the volcano again upon traveling.

I don't know how the chance will work, so I suggest to remove the chance or elaborate the mechanic of it.

10. Amun-Ra - "Devastating" Rebirth (R) - boosted - Can now revive at will or wait until he revives automatically to deceive foes. On rebirth, applies a greater Ignite (W) that affects enemies within 600 radius that knocks them back. A dying Amun-Ra is for sure in distress and needs a moment to breathe.

Revive at will should after the current time to revive (3 seconds I guess) so the enemies know exactly that Amun-Ra has been eliminated before. Also there should be the limit time so the boost doesn't feel like a jail-free card. 

11. ACCURSED - New SotM additions - Before Ult ends, Accursed absorbs 10% of the last damaged received and temporarily add to his damage.

Is the bonus damage permanent until the next cast of ultimate? Pretty good additional effect if my assumption is correct.

12. NOMAD - Mirage Strike illusion - boosted - Mirage Strike (E) illusion now gains 100% attribute, damage and damage taken, and mirrors Nomad abilities when casts. (This means it will be like a real Nomad coming to you but turns out to be an illusion after a moment to deceive enemies.) The illusion will continue to live for another 3s until it reaches its target. If Nomad is disrupted, stunned or silenced or when he mirrors an ability his abilities while the illusion is travelling, the illusion will last only for 3s.

I don't know if deceiving the enemy for a short time is a good investment of staff of the master.

13. OOGIE - "Unstable" Surge (R) - boosted - After activating the ability, activate to transform again in a terrible form that gives either a +100 Movement Speed and +100 Attack Speed boost or Removes the limit of Tar Quakes (Q) at the cost of own health per second.

you should add the clear optional boost because at glance I thought both the attack/move speed and limitless stacks of Tar Quake is one and the same. I like the approach though.

I like to include both optional boost as one, so I suggest to make the second ability to add the attack speed rather than make the attack/move speed boost tied to ultimate boost. Also, the health cost should be replaced to increased damage taken following Oogie's mana loss so the current concept still there but gets strengthened. For short, this boost should be like this:

Spoiler

Primal Surge (R) boost: when transformed, Oogie also has his Tar Quake stacks to be limitless and his Conflagrate grants him 15/30/45/60 bonus attack speed. Also, he takes 1% more damage at 30% mana loss, up to 30% increased damage taken at 100% mana loss linearly.

By my proposed boost, the current term and condition is still kept but  it gets stronger.

14. WARCHIEF - "True" Spirit Walk (W) - boosted - The Invulnerable Spirit now mirrors Warchief which means like a real Warchief coming to attack them with 70/80/90/100% damage and All-Terrain Walking. Channeling time increased to 6s.

So this boost makes the spirit acts like invulnerable illusion, doesn't it?

15. QI - A "Million" Cuts (W) - boosted - Throws a second blade after 1s. Activate again to channel the blades toward the cursor.

So this boost is similar in fashion to Deadlift's Death Grip, isn't it?

16. FORSAKEN ARCHER - "Heavy" Piercing Arrows (R) - boosted - Each arrow also knocks back enemies. After using all the 8 arrows within 4s, the image leaves heavy piercing arrow pickables. When picks up by Forsaken, it grants 2 stackable "Heavy" Piercing Arrows Shots that only proc forward when attacking and when Split Fire (W) is turned off. Double-click the ultimate to consume and grants 4 stackable arrows instead.

Why did the illusion leave the arrow if Forsaken Archer can consume the illusion to get the arrow instead? I like the approach though. If I may remake your suggestion, it'll go as below:

Spoiler

Grants Forsaken Archer a 20% chance to shoot a Piercing Arrow on her attack.

From this boost, Forsaken Archer will get another option to increase her attack damage output.

17. SILHOUETTE - 2 SHADOWS (R) - boosted - You heard it right. Now spawns 2 Shadow illusions.  Like-A-Ninja swap prioritizes the nearest illusion to Silhouette. I don't know but it seems not enough as an SotM boost so I'm suggesting to reduce the cooldown of Like-A-Ninja or the ability itself.

I approve the 100% lifetime cooldown reduction, meaning at full duration of the illusion the ability is already off cooldown. The two illusions are too much for Silhouette because how her Shadow is almost identical to her. 

18. PEARL - "Maximum" Preservation (R) - boosted - Can now be targeted on the ground. Activate again to reduce the circumference of the sphere, push enemies inside and trap them inside the protected area. No abilities/spells can save them from being trapped except abilities from outside. Auto-attacks and spells outside of the protected area have 25% damage reduction on allies.

How much the cast range of the boost? I like the approach of trapping the opponent but just change it to give restrain effect to enemies and movement block around the sphere (similar in fashion with Xemplar and Empath ability) to simplify the effects. 

19. ELECTRICIAN - Cleansing "Power" Shock (R) - boosted - Can now target Defense Structures; attack speed will be doubled while also has a 15% chance to attack with a mini-Cleansing Shock to an enemy. Repeatedly using the ability also grants +15% attack speed to Electrician.

A

20. SKRAP - "Trained" Vorax (R) - boosted - Trained Vorax means he becomes controllable but stays in its lane but only with 3 active skills. Attack, Defend, and Retreat. Attack means push forward. Retreat means return back to fountain. Defend is to hold its position, becomes ranged and acts like a defensive structure. However, this ability can only be enabled when on a destroyed structural post. But what if Vorax becomes as one with the structure if there is nearby?

I like the Attack and Defend option (you should make this command tied with Skrap R button as sub-ability), but the Defend state should shorten his Rock Smash cooldown drastically instead of making Vorax ranged unit.

21. LODESTONE - "Super" Shatterstorm (R) - Can now be activated to detonate early. Radius is increased to 700. Allies hit will receive Lodestone Plates for 4s.

Broken boost unless the effectiveness of the Shatterstorm is also reduced.

22. CHRONOS - "Backtrack" (W) - New SotM rework - Toggle to change the ability from Rewind to Backtrack. Backtrack (W) puts the SotM effect on Time Leap (Q) which heals the health of Chronos back to the time before an event happens to him. It also greatly reduces its cooldown to 4s. However, Rewind's SotM effect still focuses on his Ult which also increases the radius of Chrono Field (R) by 200 units.

Why don't it directly buff Time Leap instead of making it tied to Rewind?

23. MARTYR - New SotM Additions - Healing a full health or semi-full health ally will completely heal and create a temporary second life bar that perishes in 3s. Works on Martyr, too.

What? I believe Martyr heal works by comparing the percentage of highest health, meaning a 70% health Martyr heals target from 30% of target's health to 70% of it.

24. GRAVEKEEPER - Zombie "Invasion" (R) - boosted - Duration is increased by 2s. Zombies picked up through Defiling Touch (E) can now be added to the amount of zombies being spawned by his Ult (max of 10 units). Zombies now have 1.5x increased starting movement speed, gain a +10% buildup overtime, and have an increased attack radius. 

I prefer permanent zombies following Gravekeeper if no viable target is found and back to their habit again if they found one.

25. PUPPET MASTER - "Evil" Doll (R) - boosted - Any active ability of Puppet used on the doll takes the control away from the enemy player. Casting Voodoo Doll gives an Overriding Command Mark from Puppet which allows the user to use the enemy's item or cast his ability, stop/cancel/disturb his stuff, or simply move the enemy to a location. After casting Voodoo Doll, any active ability of Puppet Master casts to it will grant +1 Overriding Command (max of 2). An Overriding Command execution lasts for 1s or 2s if it's a movement or stopping command. Overriding Command mark status only lasts when Voodoo Doll is still active. I wish it can happen not only through his ult.

A frustrating boost for opponent because of Puppet Master control over target's items and abilities (imagine wasting a long-cooldown ability for instance).

26. NIGHT HOUND - "Total" Invisibility (R) - boosted - Every time Night Hound uses an ability, he goes beyond his limit and completely becomes invisible which is unrevealable, unattackable, untargettable, and invulnerable. This lasts for 2s.

What? Definitely a must pick item for Night Hound. 2 seconds free action is no joke. Could make a total 6 seconds invulnerability if timed correctly (12 seconds if Restoration Stone is involved, even more by cooldown reduction buff).

27. TAROT - "Farther" Scry (W) - boosted -  Gives +1 more Far Scry charge. If the marked enemies are within 800 units around the target you attack, your attacks will get them both. However, if the marked target is away but within 800 units of the other marked target within 800 units of the target you attack, your attack will still seek the farther enemy until both become out of range.

A nice suggestion.

28. PROPHET - "King" Raven Form (R) - boosted - Attacking or casting spells in this form will no longer lower the duration. Taking damage from enemy players will no longer remove the movement speed bonus. Increases vision by 100.

Out-dated boost suggestion. Move on.

29. DEMENTED SHAMAN - "Global" Healing Wave (W) - boosted - If Healing Wave is done on a very far location or globally, it will start healing the first target then chain to the second nearest, third, until all allies around the map receives the heal. Enemies around them still receives the damage. (Like D2 Prophet's Ultimate)

You get my approval if the bounce limit is still there, though still broken boost. Just stay at the base and profit.

30. CALAMITY - Sunder's Vault (R) - New SotM Additions - After the damage hit the center, it is released and will spread away in different directions continuously even if the ability ends already. The spread radius is 1000. It's like a firework.

So it works like Soulstealer ultimate (the spreading part), doesn't it?  

31. WILDSOUL - "Lone" Booboo (Q) - boosted - If Wildsoul is away or dead, Booboo can still live and be able to attack even without his master's presence. No longer deals damage to Wildsoul when it dies.

I guess this proposed boost includes the current boost, doesn't it?

32. PARASITE - Infest (W) - New SotM Additions - Can now infest even on tier 1 player-controlled units. Moreover, Parasite can now directly cast his spells and items even when still inside a unit. However, to reduce the frustration of being a Parasite, staying inside for too long drains the unit's effectiveness. Which means even speed, damage input and skill effectiveness are significantly reduced.

0s = 100% effectiveness
15s = 75%
30s = 50%
45s = 25%
60s = Force Parasite to consume or get out of the target.

Now to give anti-Parasite fans more moments to rejoice, consuming or getting out of an infested unit makes Parasite vulnerable to damage, inflicting him a 30% self damage amplification for the sin he made.

An out-dated suggestion I guess, move on.

33. MONARCH - Gust Wind (R) - New SotM Additions - is now Global. Enemies will be pushed back when the second Gust Wind comes in.

I like this suggestion excluding the global range.

34. MIMIX - "Extra" Schism (R) - boosted - Casting an ability creates +1 Schism illusion for 30s.

Unless this extra illusion only limit to 1 for each ability cast, a broken boost indeed.

35. RAVENOR - "Supreme" Blades (W) - boosted - Increases the proc to 4 attacks. Increases the radius forward up to 700 units away. Increases the number of units affected to 6/7/8/9 targets.

This is an optional item pickup over Hypercrown, isn't it? Pretty nice boost.

36. KANE - Face Off (R) - boosted - Grants 15% chance that an attack will proc Face-off. Moreover, every successful attack that Kane makes during Face Off steals 0.5/1/1.5 damage from enemy permanently.

I like the Face-Off chance on attack (should able to deactivate it though) but no for the permanent damage steal.

37. BALPHAGORE - Hell on Newerth (R) - boosted - Changes the damage output from Magic to True Damage. Adds 15% Balphagore's lost health to total damage. 

I only approve the heal, damage should retain as Magic or True with limitation to deal no damage on physical or magic immune unit.

38. KING KLOUT - "Mega" Goblin Toss (Q) - Adds White Goblin which is the same as Green but can bounce to an ally and heal for the same amount. Adds Black Goblin which is the same as Blue but inflicts fear or stun for 1s. Ability can be activated when stunned or silenced.

Another variety of Goblins only increases an uncertainty of ability reliability. 

39. RAMPAGE - "Royal" Rhino (R) - boosted - No longer has a delay and pushes the enemy target closer to you. However, if an enemy gets nearby or attacks you, another Greater Rhino will be applied to the nearest enemy hero nearby.

I'm confused, please make it simple or elaborate more.

40. GLADIATOR -

1st Version - Pitfall "Menace" (Q) - boosted - Can now be casted globally. When successfully hit an enemy hero, it leaves a Pitfall mark on the area for a long time. The next enemy who steps on it will trigger it after 1s for a second Pitfall.

2nd Version - "Global" Pitfall (Q) and "Global" Call to Arms (R) - boosted - Can now be casted globally. Call to Arms (R) now has a 2x faster arriving speed. However, Showdown (W) duration is increased up to 10s if casts to self.

the first version is interesting, without the global cast range. The second version boosts all abilities but the passive, doesn't it?

41. VINDICATOR - Final Chapter (R) - boosted - (Double-clicking Q and E should cast the ability on his location for QoL purposes.) When an enemy dies through kill or assist, while taking 1 intelligence from him, Vindicator applies a 1s silence in 1000 radius to enemies.

A balanced boost, I assume. Though, this boost should adds the current boost.

42. ENGINEER - "Advanced" Spider Mines (E) - Spider Mines now have an increased attack and detonate radius and mine count. After casting The Keg (Q), leaves 1 spider mine on the location. After casting Steam Turret (W), leaves 1 Spider Mine on the location. After casting Energy Field (R), all the nearby Spider Mines within 1000 radius will rush toward the enemies inside the field and detonate.

I like the proposed boost excluding the increased damage and detonated radius.

43. ADRENALINE - "True" Ember Shards (E) - boosted - Now also restores 4/5/6/7% current mana from auto-attacks. Also removes Shard Blast (Q) cooldown.

A weird boost because Adrenaline should retain his current mana at certain point to make this boost works greatly.

44. KRAKEN - New SotM Additions - Tsunami Charge (W) can now drag 5 units forward, prioritizing enemy heroes.

A nice additional boost, no-help is the answer for possible griefing.

45. FAYDE - "Natural" Reflection (R) - boosted - Makes the ability passive. Passively removes the cooldown when no enemy is nearby within 2000 radius.

What? I like the approach of resetting the cooldown if no enemy is nearby.

Spoiler

Commenting this thread was indeed tiring. So, please reply in order to appreciate my effort. /Rant @Claudineee

Edited by datfizh
Commenting the thread content one by one
  • Thanks 1
20 hours ago, RUS_AGENT007 said:

1. Isnt it already restrain om GB ult. 

Is target om ground cuz of null?

More to come

Yeah, just to let the guys know.

Nope, I originally wanted it to be like a Log-Bola for Gunblade, it's a grappling hook , eh?

But the ultimate reason is to enhance his ranged mode effectiveness which is being overlooked most of the time. That Gunblade cannot hurt you as long as he doesn't get a closer distance to you. I want him to be deadly at melee, and a hero not to be messed with at ranged combat.

8 hours ago, Claudineee said:

Yeah, just to let the guys know.

Nope, I originally wanted it to be like a Log-Bola for Gunblade, it's a grappling hook , eh?

But the ultimate reason is to enhance his ranged mode effectiveness which is being overlooked most of the time. That Gunblade cannot hurt you as long as he doesn't get a closer distance to you. I want him to be deadly at melee, and a hero not to be messed with at ranged combat.

You should write the intention behind the proposed boost, if you already have, just make it a separated paragraph to the proposed boost. Also, I've commented all of your suggested boost at my previous reply of this thread.

On 5/18/2020 at 3:22 AM, datfizh said:

Drops the link of your thread here: 

As for your suggestion, most of them are indeed a 100% mandatory choice to the boosted heroes over any item, so that's the problem as @ElementUsersaid that himself.

Let me comment your suggestion:

I assume the targeting system of this staff boost is dual target (like Witch Slayer 1st ability for instance), isn't it? Like a nerf to me if you accidentally hitting creep than intended hero and current target unit ain't bad, right? Just make the targeting system like Logger's Hatchet if you want to keep the tree-grappling.

The attack speed boost shouldn't be percentage because at 100% of attack speed (10 times of attacks) is equal to double the amount of attack speed, assuming late-game Gunblade has 200 attack speed means 400 attack speed at 100% of attack speed boost.

It's not a nerf because that's just another targeting mechanic for him. If you like to do the original way, then target the hero directly but on lesser range.

Isn't the duration of the ability around 4-5s only? I dont think he can do 10 attacks at 5s unless the game is coming to end. 

Plain and simple but pretty strong if you ask me. It's like you gets 2 items benefit for 1 item (critical strike and attack speed). You should make a option to the suggestion rather than mix it into one. 

The boost itself just encourages War Beast to accumulate the charge first before going to the fight, not that good than the current boost.

It's like forcing Warbeast for a Forced Metamorphosis while having a reserve Metamorph (R) which is his real ability if needs to transform right away. 

That's right. Who knows how much gathered damage does damage bar have. Besides, the main purpose of this thread is to give a "Fun, Exciting and Interesting" staff upgrade that makes you play a certain hero with satisfaction. I also just want to give spotlight to heroes like him and the likes of Keeper of the Forest, Kraken, Ophelia, Riptide, Revenant, Bramble, etc. who are rarely seen in a match. Ultimately, I am so tired seeing the same team and same enemy everyday.

I assume this ability is tied to 'R' button and granting Dampeer an omni-walking, isn't it? I suggest to put it on separated button because ultimate as a damage tool is wasted to gain weak utility is a no for me.

Good idea. Like after eating a target, he will feel better that he can able to fly right away for some couple of seconds.

Did Riptide already gain invulnerability when casting Undertow? permanent water trail is a no for me unless it limits to one per player (can create two revolving Circe).

I think no? Permanent Water Trail which is obtainable through Undertow only benefits Riptide who is the only hero who can walk on water even if Circe comes the way.

Too strong, enemy might as well just jump right after they get affected by the spell even it gives stun effect.

Then isn't that better to disrupt your enemies? Besides, his ult will fulfill its purpose. Imagine a teamfight is going on and your main carry does that.. Rather than the current boosted Ultimate which does not do anything to enemies unless they break it which only make them purposely stay.

Weird boost. So, will 'the point of view (?)' be permanent if they don't return to the sphere when the ability ends? I prefer this boost is tied to different button but share the same cooldown as Cover of the Darkness, giving the 'stealth' benefit to allies instead of reducing enemies sight.

I know it's weird. Of course it will end when the duration ends.

ElementUser is avoiding putting those extra buttons for 5th active ability because he does it alone and will take a lot of time.

A no-no boost for me because a hero should spend ton of gold for a 'transition'.

Are you kidding me? In a regular game, would you buy Staff to Soulstealer? If you will, then that's the point when you give up the Main Carry Position to somebody else and be the 2nd main carry. If you a take boost from somebody, then that SoulStealer will be a real problem for the enemy.

I don't understand this boost, please elaborate more.

Have you played HoN before when Kinesis had a single tree/creeps lift and 'E' button is to throw all the Lifted creeps/trees to the target. He also had a 6 to 9 units Lift through his old Ultimate which I miss until now.

I don't know how the chance will work, so I suggest to remove the chance or elaborate the mechanic of it.

If you fly through that Cataclysm Volcano remnant, then that Volcano will have 20% chance to be activated again. Is English your main language?

Revive at will should after the current time to revive (3 seconds I guess) so the enemies know exactly that Amun-Ra has been eliminated before. Also there should be the limit time so the boost doesn't feel like a jail-free card.

Then, it is not considered as an upgrade. Can you maybe suggest a better upgrade than that?

Is the bonus damage permanent until the next cast of ultimate? Pretty good additional effect if my assumption is correct.

Nope. I just said it's temporary. Oh my. Do you not read well before you go against every single suggestion that I made?

I don't know if deceiving the enemy for a short time is a good investment of staff of the master.

It's not only for the deceiving purposes as Nomad's illusion will gain 100% of his total attribute and damage. Are you .. oh my...

you should add the clear optional boost because at glance I thought both the attack/move speed and limitless stacks of Tar Quake is one and the same. I like the approach though.

I like to include both optional boost as one, so I suggest to make the second ability to add the attack speed rather than make the attack/move speed boost tied to ultimate boost. Also, the health cost should be replaced to increased damage taken following Oogie's mana loss so the current concept still there but gets strengthened. For short, this boost should be like this:

Reveal hidden contents

Primal Surge (R) boost: when transformed, Oogie also has his Tar Quake stacks to be limitless and his Conflagrate grants him 15/30/45/60 bonus attack speed. Also, he takes 1% more damage at 30% mana loss, up to 30% increased damage taken at 100% mana loss linearly.

By my proposed boost, the current term and condition is still kept but  it gets stronger.

So this boost makes the spirit acts like invulnerable illusion, doesn't it?

Exactly. Damage adjusted accordingly.

So this boost is similar in fashion to Deadlift's Death Grip, isn't it?

I hope so. Ive always wanted it like that.

Why did the illusion leave the arrow if Forsaken Archer can consume the illusion to get the arrow instead? I like the approach though. If I may remake your suggestion, it'll go as below:

Reveal hidden contents

Grants Forsaken Archer a 20% chance to shoot a Piercing Arrow on her attack.

From this boost, Forsaken Archer will get another option to increase her attack damage output.

I approve the 100% lifetime cooldown reduction, meaning at full duration of the illusion the ability is already off cooldown. The two illusions are too much for Silhouette because how her Shadow is almost identical to her. 

I somehow agree how 2 illusions can make so much damage.

How much the cast range of the boost? I like the approach of trapping the opponent but just change it to give restrain effect to enemies and movement block around the sphere (similar in fashion with Xemplar and Empath ability) to simplify the effects.

Exactly.

I like the Attack and Defend option (you should make this command tied with Skrap R button as sub-ability), but the Defend state should shorten his Rock Smash cooldown drastically instead of making Vorax ranged unit.

That will ruin his ability when you will order a different command. 

Vorax becoming a ranged unit will have an attack speed adjusted accordingly

Broken boost unless the effectiveness of the Shatterstorm is also reduced.

Why don't it directly buff Time Leap instead of making it tied to Rewind?

Because there is another Staff upgrade going on for his Ultimate which allows allies to move.

What? I believe Martyr heal works by comparing the percentage of highest health, meaning a 70% health Martyr heals target from 30% of target's health to 70% of it.

Isn't boosted healing heals Martyr and an ally to full life? I mean not totally full life if the target has so much health. But to targets with low health, it will be converted as a second health bar.

I prefer permanent zombies following Gravekeeper if no viable target is found and back to their habit again if they found one.

That sounds lazy to me... Eh?

A frustrating boost for opponent because of Puppet Master control over target's items and abilities (imagine wasting a long-cooldown ability for instance).

This one is also weird like Dark Lady's.

What? Definitely a must pick item for Night Hound. 2 seconds free action is no joke. Could make a total 6 seconds invulnerability if timed correctly (12 seconds if Restoration Stone is involved, even more by cooldown reduction buff).

Oh yeah, i just now realize the restoration stone will make him to broken. Then reduce it to 1s invunerability and invisibility.

A nice suggestion.

Finally.

Out-dated boost suggestion. Move on.

See my point? Out-dated things in HoN make you want to create a whole book of suggestions like these.

You get my approval if the bounce limit is still there, though still broken boost. Just stay at the base and profit.

Would you buy a Staff for demented on a regular game? Or focus on support core items first? Unless the boost comes from somebody.

Buti dont think they will prioritize demented boost over their main carry or the another.

So it works like Soulstealer ultimate (the spreading part), doesn't it?  

Yeah.

I guess this proposed boost includes the current boost, doesn't it?

Does he have a boost now? I don't have any idea.

An out-dated suggestion I guess, move on.

No. Parasite is just getting so much hate for being able to enter inside a unit. Well yeah, because it's his main ability. So a boost that allows to enter all heroes and units not only the ancients is simply the better upgrade for him. Moreover, Ancients have limited and ineffective abilities. And becomes too squishy at the end.

I like this suggestion excluding the global range.

Finally another yes.

Unless this extra illusion only limit to 1 for each ability cast, a broken boost indeed.

This is an optional item pickup over Hypercrown, isn't it? Pretty nice boost.

I like the Face-Off chance on attack (should able to deactivate it though) but no for the permanent damage steal.

Oh yeah, then let your enemy forced to follow you. 

I only approve the heal, damage should retain as Magic or True with limitation to deal no damage on physical or magic immune unit.

Another variety of Goblins only increases an uncertainty of ability reliability. 

I'm confused, please make it simple or elaborate more.

After casting ult to an enemy, the nearest random enemy hero next to you will get struck also by a 2nd Ultimate.

the first version is interesting, without the global cast range. The second version boosts all abilities but the passive, doesn't it?

Then the first version shall get up to 4-5 maximum pitfall planted.

A balanced boost, I assume. Though, this boost should adds the current boost.

So he has a current boost right now? I have no idea.

I like the proposed boost excluding the increased damage and detonated radius.

A weird boost because Adrenaline should retain his current mana at certain point to make this boost works greatly.

No. But for a greedy and illusive Adrenaline, auto-attacking while doing Rush is a great way while building up stacks.

A nice additional boost, no-help is the answer for possible griefing.

What? I like the approach of resetting the cooldown if no enemy is nearby.

Over all. You agree with me. That's not 90%.

Reveal hidden contents

Commenting this thread was indeed tiring. So, please reply in order to appreciate my effort. /Rant @Claudineee

On 5/17/2020 at 11:01 PM, RUS_AGENT007 said:

Well, thank you for replying my comment. I admit some my comment seemed to be out of the place and that came from my misread the full information of the suggestion because, you know, it's a bit tiring to comment a full page of suggestion + simple editing to make my comment easy to be read.

Also, I admit most of the suggestions aren't a 100% mandatory pickup as I stated before, but still some of them are. If I have to list those 100% mandatory pickup, I prefer the one that isn't 100% mandatory pickup instead:

• Dampeer (need to make an entirely transition once he decided to buy one to fit the late-game),
  • Accursed (your suggested temporary bonus damage doesn't change anything),
  • Kraken (still needs good auto-attack and your suggestion only adds his supporting capability),
  • Fayde (potentially double reflection on one target but Fayde still needs to reposition herself to get the benefit),
  • Wildsoul (his current boost just let Booboo gets the DoT of Mock again if Wildsoul is far away, your suggestion complements that).

To end my reply, perhaps I have to explain what 100% mandatory pickup is. From my understanding, 100% mandatory pickup means the boost having a 'must buy' impact in every game situation so it's worth to be rushed over any other items, eliminating the current staff boost purpose as an optional pickup. Though, if you think your suggestions aren't 100% pickup as I suspect, please be my guest.